2007 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Honda can not fix the problem in 8 years
By Art on 08/25/10 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car has same problem my other acura's This 2007, has had the same problem as my 1999 TL, which acura wrote up a service bulletin in 2003 about the poor engineering on the evp canister purge valve, which would take about 1 cent worth of S/steal to fix when making the car, or about $500 in an acura dealer. They still did not fix the problem by 2007, 4 years after service bulletin. Transmission. 6 speed manual, had same problem as my sons 2000 rxs with 3rd gear. again poor engineering same transmission. Acura does not correct their engineering problems in a timely. Neither of these problems I should have had in a 2007. Acura knew of the problems and the poor engineering since 2001

Acura Quality is Questionable
By SteelRing on 07/12/10 02:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just finished my last payment so I will say this about my first wholly owned car: it's an excellent drive but it's far from perfect in terms of quality. First there is the 3rd gear problem affecting many models of manual transmission (both Honda and Acura). The battery has died twice, the passenger power window had problems going up, driver seat back cover came lose and some gaskets and weather seals have been replaced. The only good thing is that all was covered under warranty although the dealer still gouged me with their various xxK mile service, etc, which is not cheap. Still, it was engineered very well and so much better looking than the latest TL and way better feel.

Fun but torquey
By Blackjack on 09/11/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Very reliable, fun and peppy car to drive. Nice stereo. The front end torque is something I really have to stay conscious of - I end up all over the road, squealing tires, if I try to gun it. Also, need to exchange low profile tires for winter tires (in New England) or I will not be able to navigate in the snow - I spent most of my first winter at the bottom of my driveway and I bent a $400 alloy rim. Goes out of alignment very easily (again, NE has pot holes). TL-S very close to ground, bottoming out can be an issue. I think I will keep it but get an SUV for winter.

Beauty That's Only Skin Deep
By joelsaxton on 06/02/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Aside from the nice appearance, this car has been a grave disappointment. I test drove the TL on a nice flat road. But in the real world, when I am accelerating over an uneven surface, the wobbliness of front wheel drive become painfully apparent, especially with 286HP. I have had persistent issues with cabin noise - there are constant creaks when going over bumpy roads - it makes the car sound cheap. I had a defective starter which needed replacement. The nav system is not very smart. The tranny had issues with the 3rd gear that needed fixing. Most importantly, the 3.5L engine is prone to pinging.

By Bryan on 10/20/07 20:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

10,000 miles into my silver TL Type-S with 6 speed manual, and I figure I would give you all a follow-up. First, the bad: rattles in the door and steering column. Tsk, tsk in a near 40-grand sports sedan. Interior materials scratch real easily, and dashboard is starting to lose its color really quickly (from dark gray to milky gray). Torque-steer is getting old now. The good: this thing should be called a muscle-sedan instead of a sports sedan, because that's the demeanor it has. Big, mean looking, mean sounding, and fast. Handling is second only to BMW. Interior is very comfortable, and very spacious.

Best Car for the Money, By Far!
By Matty C on 08/24/07 16:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My only complaint is interior rattles. Can't figure out where they're coming from or how to make them stop. Not that they're constant, mostly on the rougher roads, but still unnerving. Other than that, love the car. If you drive it hard your tank will be empty in no time but that is to be expected with this much power.

Luxury with Performance
By Chris on 07/30/07 07:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car has all the luxury features that are in similar offerings like Lexus, MB, Cadillac, et.al., but also has performance to go with it. Yes, you can purchase a Bimmer, but would you get all the standard features of this vehicle for the same price?? No. Just returned from a 800 miles road trip, and the car returned 31 miles per gallon. Excellent for a brand new car, usually it takes time for the engine to break in and get the advertised figures on the window sticker.

2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT
By dcdgoth on 07/05/07 00:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 05 TL 5AT for 07 Type-S and I absolutely love it. I test drove the IS 350 but I didn't like the riding quality, space was too small, and also it didn't have option for manual transmission. Type-S was exactly what I want it. I was going about 40 mph and upshifted to 6th gear to see if this car could handle a stiff hill without stalling, and it did! It accelerated and gained more rpms as it was reaching to the top. With $4000 more than base TL, you get all the options: NAVI, brembo breaks, 3.5L engine, sport tuned suspension, etc.

Nice Ride
By whulik on 06/16/07 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the TL-S for a week now and I love it. I'm sure a sports car purist would find plenty to gripe about, but it's NOT a sports car, it's a sporty sedan. And as a sporty sedan the TL-S excels. The engine is excellent with lots of low end torque and a wide power band. Handling is crisp but will not rattle your teeth loose. The interior is very well laid out, quiet and comfortable. All in all, it's as near perfect as a car can get.

2007 TL-S type Carbon Bronze Pearl
By BabyGee on 05/16/07 18:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2005 MDX and recently we needed a second car. After test driving three different Acura models, I chose the TL. The car was far superior to the TSX (in quality as well), and also had a more sleek and mature personality than the RDX. Since we have an MDX, I opted for a nicer, smoother and more sophisticated TL. I chose the S-series to get the manual transmission - lots of fun. The car is subtlely aggressive, yet practical too. My kids fit easily and safely, and the gas mileage is AOK (25 mpg mixed (city/hwy)). Love my Acura(s)!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.