2007 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Acura Cutomer Service is unacceptable
By exacura1 on 09/11/13 08:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2007 Acura TL type S a year ago for $20,000. We paid that much for a used car because we thought we were getting a quality product from a great company. Boy were we wrong. This summer the dashboard started to crack in two places. I has gotten larger throughout the summer. We found online that this is a very common issue for Acura TLs from 04 to 08. We called Acura to try to resolve the issue. It is obviously a design flaw on their part but they were not willing to help out at all. They told us that there was nothing they could do because we are not a 'loyal' acura customer. This is the 3rd Acura I have owned. I am not a loyal Acura customer. Don't buy an Acura!

After 1 year with a Pre-Owned TL Type S
By tifosi27 on 07/12/11 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased ours TL Type S Automatic 1 year ago with very low miles on it. It was essentially brand new and we got a very good deal. We are very pleased thus far. Ergonomics are very good, has adequate torque to pass cars on country roads and interstate travel. We knew the car would be a little more rough over roads as this has a more firm suspension then the base TL. Have taken the car in for all routine maintenance and had zero problems. Only issue is when the wife put a nasty curb rash into the front rim, but will get that fixed in the winter when I install the winter tires and rims.

Tires and iPod connection
By George on 08/30/10 11:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just would like to address those that complain about tires not lasting: in a sport-sedan don't expect sticky tires that hold the road last very long. Long-lasting tires will spin when you drive. iPod: for all of you 2007 TL owners: the iPod connection is in the middle compartment under your elbow, well hidden, just look for it. Not a good place, but it's there.

Honda can not fix the problem in 8 years
By Art on 08/25/10 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car has same problem my other acura's This 2007, has had the same problem as my 1999 TL, which acura wrote up a service bulletin in 2003 about the poor engineering on the evp canister purge valve, which would take about 1 cent worth of S/steal to fix when making the car, or about $500 in an acura dealer. They still did not fix the problem by 2007, 4 years after service bulletin. Transmission. 6 speed manual, had same problem as my sons 2000 rxs with 3rd gear. again poor engineering same transmission. Acura does not correct their engineering problems in a timely. Neither of these problems I should have had in a 2007. Acura knew of the problems and the poor engineering since 2001

Great car
By killerisme on 08/21/10 15:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new near end of MY. Our 2nd TL-S, and this one is much better than 1st Gen. It is much sportier, especially handling and brakes, but less comfortable ride and lower fuel economy. Brembo front brakes wear much faster than standard pads and are expensive. Styling and features are at top of class and reliability has been perfect.

I'm hooked!
By cassie22598 on 08/20/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am absolutely hooked on Acura's now! I've liked them for a while and just thought they were a little too expensive. But I broke down and got one anyway and I am loving it! Acura has spoiled me rotten, with their excellent service and their reliability. Plus all the fun features this car has to offer. I don't think I could ever settle for less.

Acura Quality is Questionable
By SteelRing on 07/12/10 02:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just finished my last payment so I will say this about my first wholly owned car: it's an excellent drive but it's far from perfect in terms of quality. First there is the 3rd gear problem affecting many models of manual transmission (both Honda and Acura). The battery has died twice, the passenger power window had problems going up, driver seat back cover came lose and some gaskets and weather seals have been replaced. The only good thing is that all was covered under warranty although the dealer still gouged me with their various xxK mile service, etc, which is not cheap. Still, it was engineered very well and so much better looking than the latest TL and way better feel.

Unstable and dangerous car on snow
By Vic on 06/16/10 23:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Please beware this car is extremely dangerous on snow conditions due to its suspension, tires and being a front wheel drive vehicle. I would not recommend anyone to buy this car if you get snow in your areas. I would recommend to go for AWD vehicles like Audi for snow states in US. Snow tires will not be of much help for this car.

Love it!
By gregyTL-S on 04/29/10 07:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I Have a tl-s and my wife tl, we love these cars, best cars in their class, I don't even try to compere them to other because there is nothing to say, people who drove this car know what I I say. Performance is great, powerful, interior, acceleration, handling, features, all we need in one! BMW, Mercedes and others. Take these cars to Europe and drive it junks by yourself. :))

Blk on blk Type-S...amazing car!!!
By DrI on 11/02/09 11:07 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect mix of safety, performance, style, and luxury. You really get a lot for your money! I look forward to driving it every day.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.