2007 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
My 3rd Acura and the last one
By inunez on 03/10/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Is my third Acura and i never going to buy another one. I purschase the Tl 2007 new. 1. Dash crack. 2. Power steering leak. 3. Transmission problem. 4. Electrical problem.

Good to Be Back
By carpark on 10/16/11 21:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a new 2005 TL and sold it after 3-years and 50,000 miles to try a hybrid. I know, totally different type of vehicle. Anyway I missed the TL so recently purchased a used 2007 and fell in love again. Have owned four Acura's, a Lexus and Volvo but keep coming back to Acura. My experience with Honda products has been excellent and the TL provides a solid, fun to drive and reliable driving experience. Admittedly not as blisteringly fast and tight in the corners as my brothers 540 BMW, but at less than half the price I still get a great car for in town, the highway and back roads.

I miss my Grand Prix's smooth transmission...
By whiterabbit79 on 09/21/11 22:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped around quite a bit before finally choosing the TL. I was looking for a reliable, sporty sedan that wouldn't put me in the poor house. It turns out there aren't very many options that fit this bill. Almost none, actually. I had originally been shopping for a new car, but I started to consider certified used cars when I ran out of options and started looking to luxury brands for possibilities. I bought my TL 1.5 years ago, and while I do have some complaints, overall I'm very happy with my choice.

Good but
By frazbmw on 04/12/11 22:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

While I loved the interior of this car I had a hard time getting over the clunkyness of the automatic transmission. The turning radius is terrible! I drove other TLs to see if perhaps there was a tranny issue with my car or just part of the animal, they all seemed to be the same. I may be being a little picky. As far as the interior goes it's comfortable and spacious. The car was great to drive on the highway!

07' Acura TL base review
By theshawn on 08/26/10 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a CPO w/46k miles, I've only had it two weeks but I can tell one thing, this car is the most car for the money if you want to move a bit upscale without breaking the bank. Nice handling, good mpg for a V6 and one of the best stock stereo systems I've ever heard. Great standard features, and a firm but compliant ride. I will definitely consider this model again in a few years, plus you get Honda reliability to boot. I thought I loved the care I sold to buy this one (Nissan Maxima), but now I have a new love in my life. :)

Expected More
By Gary on 12/10/09 19:38 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fun and extremely comfortable car to drive, however, I was disappointed overall and will be anxious to turn my car in when the lease is up. A $35K + car with tires that didn't make it to 30,000 miles, carpeting that came up and took four attempts to fix, and other minor problems that could never seemed to be fixed in just a day. I had to leave my car at the dealership for repair work for days at a time on more than one occasion. I will miss the drive but not the headaches.

Why I chose this Acura but not others
By BMR ETR on 09/02/09 18:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd TL - love the style. Also have a 2003 G35 which I'm thinking of trading but in no way will I buy the new 2009 TL. It's become one of the ugliest new vehicles on the road (also heavier & bloated). I think acura's 25 year old 2009 vehicle designer needs some design school mentoring. Also the new ZDX not only has the ugly front but it also has an "asteck" type rear. 5 of my professional colleagues who now have Acura's will not come back to the new - gen. quirky styles. Too bad; it's really a good engineered vehicle; but then so are many of it's competitors. The G37 stats will blow out the new TL stats - and it's not UGLY. Disappointed in Acura.

75% Perfect
By AlmostPerfect on 06/09/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Oh, our beloved TL. Your misgivings are few, but substantial. We've owned the car for 28mos/24k now. Designed and destined for success in a "North America-Only" market, I feel it's a moderate success. Unlike some competitors, the cup holders really work; The seats and driving position are magnificent for those of larger proportions; The stereo is phenomenal; Fuel economy is above average; the 'value' equation is substantial. The shortfalls, however, drive us insane. The 45-series tires seem to have temper tantrums with the suspension tuning. The steering is incredibly vague and twitchy off-center. The transmission is clunky and crude. Low-end power is absent. Wouldn't buy another.

Acura kills fun
By Doug on 04/29/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has done what I thought was impossible. It's taken the fun out of driving. Outward visibility is useless. It's like living/driving in a cave. The all-back interior is hearse-like and depressing. The transmission is wonky. It has an impossible-to-read mind of its own. The suspension. Don't get me started. It can't decide whether it's a sports car or a sedan. The gas mileage is horrible. Sitting at idle in heavy traffic, you can watch the needle on the gas gauge slip down, down, down. The HVAC controls are confusing.

Good for me
By bigmac on 04/21/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased an '07 TL after owning 2 accords. Notable step up. Fit and finish is superb. Comfort is fine for a 6 footer. Performance is generally very good. Low speed torque / gearing can sometimes be annoying. Brakes are as smooth and quiet as any I've experienced. It does not handle like a race car, but it is not a race car. For its purpose and market, handling is fun and responsive. Mechanics and reliability after 22,000 miles is perfect. I do not share other writers' experiences with rattles. This car is well insulated. Not the first rattle in my experience. BTW, the sound system is great, but I do agree that the ipod jack is poorly located.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.