Used 2007 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

My 3rd Acura and the last one
By inunez

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Is my third Acura and i never going to buy another one. I purschase the Tl 2007 new. 1. Dash crack. 2. Power steering leak. 3. Transmission problem. 4. Electrical problem.

Good to Be Back
By carpark

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a new 2005 TL and sold it after 3-years and 50,000 miles to try a hybrid. I know, totally different type of vehicle. Anyway I missed the TL so recently purchased a used 2007 and fell in love again. Have owned four Acura's, a Lexus and Volvo but keep coming back to Acura. My experience with Honda products has been excellent and the TL provides a solid, fun to drive and reliable driving experience. Admittedly not as blisteringly fast and tight in the corners as my brothers 540 BMW, but at less than half the price I still get a great car for in town, the highway and back roads.

Favorite Features

Clean lines and simple controls in the interior. Smooth V-6. Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, especially with the current replacement tires the dealership installed.

I miss my Grand Prix's smooth transmission...
By whiterabbit79

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped around quite a bit before finally choosing the TL. I was looking for a reliable, sporty sedan that wouldn't put me in the poor house. It turns out there aren't very many options that fit this bill. Almost none, actually. I had originally been shopping for a new car, but I started to consider certified used cars when I ran out of options and started looking to luxury brands for possibilities. I bought my TL 1.5 years ago, and while I do have some complaints, overall I'm very happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

Sporty? Check. Reliable? Check. This car is a blast to drive (for the most part*). Also, she just hit 50,000 miles, and she's still as solid and reliable as the day I bought her. The stereo system is second to none - I've been known to linger in my car listening to music. She's very comfortable - and she's also my first luxury car, so I'm still tickled by all the bells and whistles. And for those who still haven't found it - the iPod/iPhone jack is hiding at the bottom of the armrest storage compartment. Also, I love the styling of the car. I'm very disappointed by the redesign - reminds me more of a Cadillac. If they don't revert back, I'll be looking elsewhere when it's time to trade.

Suggested Improvements

*WHAT is going on with the transmission?!? The herky-jerkiness is super irritating, and the sudden down-shifting whenever I try to "coast" is jarring and ruins part of the driving experience for me. Like another poster, I used to drive a Grand Prix, and its transmission was smooth as butter - maybe my bar is set too high?? Also, steering at low speeds requires far too much effort. And as a city dweller, I stand by my right to complain about the fact that the car has the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. Lastly, the car doesn't chime if I leave a cabin light on when I leave - I caught myself once, and I wonder if one day I'll return to a drained battery. (Time to refer to the manual!)

My 2007 Acura TL 10 mpg
By myacuratl2007

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Acura TL with Navigation from John Eagle Honda May 13 2011. I took the car into Goodson Acura dealer on May 17, 2011, 41,190 miles. I wanted to get the car checked out, also update my service adviser Richard Furcht on my newer TL. This 2007 Acura TL started out getting 10 mpg and is now only getting 14-15 mpg, the only way this car could get 31.13 mpg as stated Richard Furcht from Goodson Acura is if you carry it! 2007 Acura TL are junk, cheaply made.

Nice car, inconsiderate customer treatment
By glenviewjeff

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is now my second TL; I should have learned my lesson from my first experience. On my first TL, I bought the extended warranty from the Acura dealer who promised it was a "bumper to bumper" warranty. Acura would not stand behind the interior trim that was falling off the door handle when the car was about four years old. This time around, I had a problem with the air conditioner that likely occurred while the warranty was in effect, but was not detectable until the first warm day, which occurred about 30 days after the warranty expired, when I brought it to the dealer. I won't be buying Acura refused to consider honoring the warranty until I paid the dealer a $100 diagnostic.

Suggested Improvements

Better long-term investment in customer satisfaction.