Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great car
By Jon Ford

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Uses premium gas. Otherwise, an ideal vehicle.

Speed Demon with Benefits
By LEN

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car for performance and great mileage,30 mpg on highway @70 miles per hour.

Garbage that Acura doesn't stand behind
By Greg

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Dashboard will explode with cracks and Acura will pretend like nothing is wrong. I don't care about anything else with this car besides the fact that Acura doesn't stand behind their products when there is a MASSIVE problem happening to LOTS OF THEIR CARS!. Toyota extended their dashboard warranty for 10 years because the dash gets sticky but Acura (supposed to be a luxury car..HA!) turns a blind eye! SAVE YOURSELF DO NOT BUY ACURA!

Loving my Type-S!
By crivett246

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Type-S for almost four months now and I'm loving it. Accelerates very fluidly and fast, with torque steer noticable only if you punch it. The interior design is really great and the gps is easy to use, but could be better on the last part of getting to your destination. The braking on it is also phenomenal. They're really grabby, but the brembo generate alot of dust and I'll probably switch them out when they wear. Overall, no regrets about my purchase.

The design still looks pretty modern. I parked next to my friend's 2009 G37 and his looked its age while my could still pass for new at the showroom. The mpg on the freeway is pretty good. I got 34 once, but I average around 30. Not bad for 286 hp.

Every time I hit a rough patch of road, I get a message saying "Tighten Fuel Cap". Apparently that's a normal thing according to the Acura Forums. Also, the Hands-Free Link doesn't work. And I know it's a minor gripe, but the trunk barely opens when you hit the button.

Acura Cutomer Service is unacceptable
By exacura1

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2007 Acura TL type S a year ago for $20,000. We paid that much for a used car because we thought we were getting a quality product from a great company. Boy were we wrong. This summer the dashboard started to crack in two places. I has gotten larger throughout the summer. We found online that this is a very common issue for Acura TLs from 04 to 08. We called Acura to try to resolve the issue. It is obviously a design flaw on their part but they were not willing to help out at all. They told us that there was nothing they could do because we are not a 'loyal' acura customer. This is the 3rd Acura I have owned. I am not a loyal Acura customer. Don't buy an Acura!

Any other auto maker would stand behind their product and fix their flawed design. Up until recently I have been a huge fan of Acura. I have convinced several of my friends, family, and acquaintances looking to buy a vehicle that Acura is the way to go. From now on I will do the opposite. I could have chosen from several brand new cars for $20,000, but instead I bought what I thought was a 'quality' used car. This will be the last Acura I own.

All we wanted was for Acura to fix their crappy dashboard so we could go on being happy with our purchase. My wife drive's this car, I drive an Acura RSX (but I am not a 'loyal' Acura customer). She drives clients around on a regular basis. The dashboard crack is right in front of their face. They ask "How old is this car?" She replies "2007". They say "Wow, I thought Acura was a premium brand of automobile. I have a (insert year here), (insert make here), (insert model here), and the dash looks brand new." She replies "yes, we thought that too. Acura will not fix the issue, so we will not buy another one."

• SUV