2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Acura Cutomer Service is unacceptable
By exacura1 on 09/11/13 08:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2007 Acura TL type S a year ago for $20,000. We paid that much for a used car because we thought we were getting a quality product from a great company. Boy were we wrong. This summer the dashboard started to crack in two places. I has gotten larger throughout the summer. We found online that this is a very common issue for Acura TLs from 04 to 08. We called Acura to try to resolve the issue. It is obviously a design flaw on their part but they were not willing to help out at all. They told us that there was nothing they could do because we are not a 'loyal' acura customer. This is the 3rd Acura I have owned. I am not a loyal Acura customer. Don't buy an Acura!

My 3rd Acura and the last one
By inunez on 03/10/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Is my third Acura and i never going to buy another one. I purschase the Tl 2007 new. 1. Dash crack. 2. Power steering leak. 3. Transmission problem. 4. Electrical problem.

Good to Be Back
By carpark on 10/16/11 21:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a new 2005 TL and sold it after 3-years and 50,000 miles to try a hybrid. I know, totally different type of vehicle. Anyway I missed the TL so recently purchased a used 2007 and fell in love again. Have owned four Acura's, a Lexus and Volvo but keep coming back to Acura. My experience with Honda products has been excellent and the TL provides a solid, fun to drive and reliable driving experience. Admittedly not as blisteringly fast and tight in the corners as my brothers 540 BMW, but at less than half the price I still get a great car for in town, the highway and back roads.

I miss my Grand Prix's smooth transmission...
By whiterabbit79 on 09/21/11 22:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped around quite a bit before finally choosing the TL. I was looking for a reliable, sporty sedan that wouldn't put me in the poor house. It turns out there aren't very many options that fit this bill. Almost none, actually. I had originally been shopping for a new car, but I started to consider certified used cars when I ran out of options and started looking to luxury brands for possibilities. I bought my TL 1.5 years ago, and while I do have some complaints, overall I'm very happy with my choice.

My 2007 Acura TL 10 mpg
By myacuratl2007 on 07/14/11 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Acura TL with Navigation from John Eagle Honda May 13 2011. I took the car into Goodson Acura dealer on May 17, 2011, 41,190 miles. I wanted to get the car checked out, also update my service adviser Richard Furcht on my newer TL. This 2007 Acura TL started out getting 10 mpg and is now only getting 14-15 mpg, the only way this car could get 31.13 mpg as stated Richard Furcht from Goodson Acura is if you carry it! 2007 Acura TL are junk, cheaply made.

After 1 year with a Pre-Owned TL Type S
By tifosi27 on 07/12/11 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased ours TL Type S Automatic 1 year ago with very low miles on it. It was essentially brand new and we got a very good deal. We are very pleased thus far. Ergonomics are very good, has adequate torque to pass cars on country roads and interstate travel. We knew the car would be a little more rough over roads as this has a more firm suspension then the base TL. Have taken the car in for all routine maintenance and had zero problems. Only issue is when the wife put a nasty curb rash into the front rim, but will get that fixed in the winter when I install the winter tires and rims.

Nice car, inconsiderate customer treatment
By glenviewjeff on 06/07/11 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is now my second TL; I should have learned my lesson from my first experience. On my first TL, I bought the extended warranty from the Acura dealer who promised it was a "bumper to bumper" warranty. Acura would not stand behind the interior trim that was falling off the door handle when the car was about four years old. This time around, I had a problem with the air conditioner that likely occurred while the warranty was in effect, but was not detectable until the first warm day, which occurred about 30 days after the warranty expired, when I brought it to the dealer. I won't be buying Acura refused to consider honoring the warranty until I paid the dealer a $100 diagnostic.

Good but
By frazbmw on 04/12/11 22:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

While I loved the interior of this car I had a hard time getting over the clunkyness of the automatic transmission. The turning radius is terrible! I drove other TLs to see if perhaps there was a tranny issue with my car or just part of the animal, they all seemed to be the same. I may be being a little picky. As far as the interior goes it's comfortable and spacious. The car was great to drive on the highway!

A Tribute
By scatback on 01/23/11 10:41 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded my 07 TL with 50,000 miles. What a marvelous combination of machinery, imagination and execution. It was always eager to run. GM engines still sound like they're doing you a favor. German engines (and the rest of the cars) will empty you wallet. But here was real value, comfort an reliability in a package that was responsive, lithe and doesn't spend more time with the dealer than with you. Only a fool ever kept a BMW beyond the warranty. The previous entry got it right. Quit the sniffling; this is a great car and a victory for the unpretentious.

Excellent Value Packed Sports Sedan
By zippy69 on 01/20/11 13:10 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What's with all the whining? Enough with the complaints about turning radius..... Please. Learn how to drive and execute a 3 point turn. The day I base my decision to buy a car on turning radius, please shoot me. As for rattling, my '07 has none. Everything works perfectly. Nothing ever breaks, and it's got 73,000 miles on it! You shant find another car with all the features of the TL in it's price range, or even higher.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.