Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Loving my Type-S!
By crivett246

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Type-S for almost four months now and I'm loving it. Accelerates very fluidly and fast, with torque steer noticable only if you punch it. The interior design is really great and the gps is easy to use, but could be better on the last part of getting to your destination. The braking on it is also phenomenal. They're really grabby, but the brembo generate alot of dust and I'll probably switch them out when they wear. Overall, no regrets about my purchase.

Favorite Features

The design still looks pretty modern. I parked next to my friend's 2009 G37 and his looked its age while my could still pass for new at the showroom. The mpg on the freeway is pretty good. I got 34 once, but I average around 30. Not bad for 286 hp.

Suggested Improvements

Every time I hit a rough patch of road, I get a message saying "Tighten Fuel Cap". Apparently that's a normal thing according to the Acura Forums. Also, the Hands-Free Link doesn't work. And I know it's a minor gripe, but the trunk barely opens when you hit the button.

Acura Cutomer Service is unacceptable
By exacura1

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2007 Acura TL type S a year ago for $20,000. We paid that much for a used car because we thought we were getting a quality product from a great company. Boy were we wrong. This summer the dashboard started to crack in two places. I has gotten larger throughout the summer. We found online that this is a very common issue for Acura TLs from 04 to 08. We called Acura to try to resolve the issue. It is obviously a design flaw on their part but they were not willing to help out at all. They told us that there was nothing they could do because we are not a 'loyal' acura customer. This is the 3rd Acura I have owned. I am not a loyal Acura customer. Don't buy an Acura!

Favorite Features

Any other auto maker would stand behind their product and fix their flawed design. Up until recently I have been a huge fan of Acura. I have convinced several of my friends, family, and acquaintances looking to buy a vehicle that Acura is the way to go. From now on I will do the opposite. I could have chosen from several brand new cars for $20,000, but instead I bought what I thought was a 'quality' used car. This will be the last Acura I own.

Suggested Improvements

All we wanted was for Acura to fix their crappy dashboard so we could go on being happy with our purchase. My wife drive's this car, I drive an Acura RSX (but I am not a 'loyal' Acura customer). She drives clients around on a regular basis. The dashboard crack is right in front of their face. They ask "How old is this car?" She replies "2007". They say "Wow, I thought Acura was a premium brand of automobile. I have a (insert year here), (insert make here), (insert model here), and the dash looks brand new." She replies "yes, we thought that too. Acura will not fix the issue, so we will not buy another one."

My 3rd Acura and the last one
By inunez

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Is my third Acura and i never going to buy another one. I purschase the Tl 2007 new. 1. Dash crack. 2. Power steering leak. 3. Transmission problem. 4. Electrical problem.

Good to Be Back
By carpark

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a new 2005 TL and sold it after 3-years and 50,000 miles to try a hybrid. I know, totally different type of vehicle. Anyway I missed the TL so recently purchased a used 2007 and fell in love again. Have owned four Acura's, a Lexus and Volvo but keep coming back to Acura. My experience with Honda products has been excellent and the TL provides a solid, fun to drive and reliable driving experience. Admittedly not as blisteringly fast and tight in the corners as my brothers 540 BMW, but at less than half the price I still get a great car for in town, the highway and back roads.

Favorite Features

Clean lines and simple controls in the interior. Smooth V-6. Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, especially with the current replacement tires the dealership installed.

I miss my Grand Prix's smooth transmission...
By whiterabbit79

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped around quite a bit before finally choosing the TL. I was looking for a reliable, sporty sedan that wouldn't put me in the poor house. It turns out there aren't very many options that fit this bill. Almost none, actually. I had originally been shopping for a new car, but I started to consider certified used cars when I ran out of options and started looking to luxury brands for possibilities. I bought my TL 1.5 years ago, and while I do have some complaints, overall I'm very happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

Sporty? Check. Reliable? Check. This car is a blast to drive (for the most part*). Also, she just hit 50,000 miles, and she's still as solid and reliable as the day I bought her. The stereo system is second to none - I've been known to linger in my car listening to music. She's very comfortable - and she's also my first luxury car, so I'm still tickled by all the bells and whistles. And for those who still haven't found it - the iPod/iPhone jack is hiding at the bottom of the armrest storage compartment. Also, I love the styling of the car. I'm very disappointed by the redesign - reminds me more of a Cadillac. If they don't revert back, I'll be looking elsewhere when it's time to trade.

Suggested Improvements

*WHAT is going on with the transmission?!? The herky-jerkiness is super irritating, and the sudden down-shifting whenever I try to "coast" is jarring and ruins part of the driving experience for me. Like another poster, I used to drive a Grand Prix, and its transmission was smooth as butter - maybe my bar is set too high?? Also, steering at low speeds requires far too much effort. And as a city dweller, I stand by my right to complain about the fact that the car has the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. Lastly, the car doesn't chime if I leave a cabin light on when I leave - I caught myself once, and I wonder if one day I'll return to a drained battery. (Time to refer to the manual!)