2006 Acura TL 3.2L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - WARNING to driving enthusiasts

2006 Acura TL - Consumer Review

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Base Sedan (3.2L V6 6-speed Manual)

WARNING to driving enthusiasts
By enthusiast3 on

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I sure wish I had test driven this car more before buying it. I just traded in my 2006 6 speed TL with only 5,900 miles on it. This car is really nice in some ways and I possibly would have kept it if I had bought it with an automatic, but it definitely is not a "driver's" car. I really wanted to like this car, I've owned two Accords and two Integras, all of which were great cars w/manual transmissions. I went so far as to replace the stock all season tires with summer only tires and I even thought long and hard about buying the A-Spec suspension, which you can find on e-bay now. I was prepared for a little torque steer, but not for the complete lack of involvement.

Favorite Features

Engine (9 out of 10), 6 Speed Transmission (9); Brakes (8.5); Stereo (10); Bluetooth (8); Interior Design (9); Quietness (8); HID Headlights (9); Fit and Finish (8); Value Retention; Winter ability; Insurance Cost; Back seat comfort; Probable reliability and durability.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension is way too soft for the 6 speed w/upgraded brakes, at least give us a sport package for under 2k; ZERO to NIL ROAD FEEL; twitchy handling and slight vibration at 80 to 85 with both sets of tires; nose dive; Easily unsettled by bumps when cornering; front seat bottoms are uncomfortable.