Love my TL!
By gtj1715 on
2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
For years, my kids heard me say "see that TL over there - THAT's the one I want". Now it's more like an unspoken "I love my car" (I bought it last summer). I love the 2004-08 body style - those before and since just don't have that same sleek, wedge look (the groove was so iconic that recent Accords copied it). All my research pointed to the 2006 being the most reliable of the bunch too. You ever get *exactly* the car you want and never, ever look back? Yeah, it's like that.
Favorite Features
Styling (mine is white with tan interior) "Cockpit" - legendary ergonomics and comfort Mileage really isn't too bad (it's the same as my 2004 Accord V6 EX-L at about 23mpg overall). Did I say "styling"? Handling - in typical Honda/Acura fashion - this thing goes right where you point it - no slip, no play, no wash - just "right there". Power - no, it's a Mustang GT 500 or even a new Challenger but it will get you out of a jam in a hurry (and feel as comfortable at 80+ as 55).
Suggested Improvements
What's with the cassette player instead of an iPod or similar connection? (We are well past the '80s, guys.) My Accord has an "elevated" accelerator pedal (and "throttle by wire") which is much easier and comfortable to use than this bottom-hinged job. The NAV system is less-than-reliable (I know maps get out-of-date but my screen flickers all too often and no, it's not the disk...). I have read that this the most troublesome area in other reviews... Leather - especially the front - could use some improvement - mine has "muttled" prematurely in spite of as-dark-as-possible window tint. The armrest power socket lacks a slot for the cord if you want to leave your gadget *out* of the tray.