2006 Acura TL 3.2L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Money Talks

2006 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.2L V6 6-speed Manual)

Money Talks
By Rob on

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Folks I've owned just about every type of import on the market, and I'm here to tell ya that there is no better value than the Acura TL. I'm one of the few people left who still prefers a clutch pedal, and Acura is more than willing to cater to me! Buying the stick doesn't make the car less expensive, but Acura hooks you up with Brembo 4 Piston brakes up front with pretty black calipers that read "Acura." DOES NOT perform like a BMW, DOES NOT ride like a Lexus, interior IS NOT as nice as an Audi, but come on, I paid $31k for this thing! Really should be rear wheel drive, then I think it could take a 3 series. Torque steer isn't bad, you get a better diff and reprogrammed software with the 6M!

Favorite Features

Price, 32 MPG doing 80 with the A/C on, awesome honda build quality, reliable, bluetooth, loaded with features for the cash, Black leather has stayed the nicest out of any car I have ever owned (except for the Audi), good service, memory seats work splendidly.

Suggested Improvements

Horrible turning radius, my RWD BMW was better in the snow (although the VSC is very effective in this car), ELS Stereo sounds nice but is very weak (only 225 watts), PLEASE Honda, give us rear wheel drive! With a traction/stability program this good, it wouldn't be a problem!