Used 2006 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

2 year and still happy
By TL Fan

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

All things considered, the car is a joy to drive. Powerful engine can cause the front end to pull to the left when you floor it. I tend to drive with fuel consumption in mind and this car consistantly gives me around 25 mpg in mixed city/hwy and 30mpg hwy. A friend who has one drives aggressively and gets much lower results. Overall the car is a great combination of a sport/luxury car. Only disappointment is the nav system. Info was somewhat out of date when delivered and it is very annoying that you must hit a button on the screen to activate it everytime you start the car to acknowledge that you will use it with common sense

Favorite Features

xm radio, moon roof, fit and finish of the car

Suggested Improvements

fold down rear seats, daytime running lights, nav system

Great Handling
By Wedan

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL is a great performing car. Cost of the TL was very attractive to me when compared to an equally equipped Cadillac CTS or Lexus 350, Infiniti etc. The quality has been exceptional. Other than following the computer for regular maintenance, the TL will probably never see the mechanic. The reliability of Acura is tops.

Favorite Features

Navigation system is user friendly, handling is superb. Very tight steering and braking, while also giving a quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would like to see in the TL is a ride option. I like the handling capabilities and how the car holds the corners, but, a switch to go to full - soft lux ride might be nice.

Thought it would be better
By seca

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

'06 TL, auto, nav, only 13k miles. I expected so much more from this car. Many random noises, rattles. Very annoying. Window creaking - dealer wouldn't fix. Build quality not great. Interior materials / plastics are low end, as is leather. Best part would be engine and nav. I can honestly say that my old Saab is more solid w/higher quality materials, and our CLK is built like a tank and has not had a problem in 5 yrs, unlike multiple problems with the TL. I'll be selling the TL for a GS 350 or 335, which are both much better built. Given build quality issues, I cannot recemmend the TL.

Favorite Features

Engine, nav.

Suggested Improvements

Materials, build quality very disappointing for a 35k car. No comparison compared to GS 350. And what is the deal with only 4-way power passenger seat? Even my old Saab has 8 way passenger. Honda-don't be so cheap.

Love my TL
By jbm

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

All it took was sitting inside my car and the beautiful interior... driving only sealed the deal. I didn't choose the navigational system, didn't feel the need to spend the money. Other than the tires on my car, I love it. The tires are not suited for the car and have a "flat spot" that causes the car to shutter at 50 mph until the tires are warmed up.

Favorite Features

Interior leather! Overall design. Great looking car that drives as good as it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Door guards... too many door dings with the sleek door. Don't use Bridgestone tires. Be sure the dealer substitutes different brand of tires.

30k Review
By Bernard

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Good car overall. Reliable. Good gas mileage for power. Power is good but not good enough. Horrible in snow!! Squeaking noises from interior once in a while. Good build overall.

Favorite Features

Navigation and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Power! 260 hp is not enough for a 35K car. G35 gets nearly 300hp! I don't like getting blown away by G35 owners. The car is bad in snow. Be warned. I live in CT so I know one or two things about driving in snow. This car is hard to control in snow.