Used 2006 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Almost great
By Don

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The gas mileage is not what I was led to expect. I get only about 22-23 mpg average. I got 20-21 mpg on my 7 series BMW! Very fun to drive! Very reliable!

Navigation system. It takes too long to be ready to use however. Should have a "back" button. If you make a mistake entering things, you have to start all over again.

Door "stay open" device is a total failure. It will bang your shins every time you use the car if you're not very careful. A constant source of irritation.

Bargain Performance
By mark

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted something that looked good, and performed well. This is my 2nd TL, had a 2000 and this one is much better. Looked at Maxima, BMW 325, G35 and this was the best value.

Comfort, reliability, and style. The bluetooth is excellent.

Auto on headlights, more sound proofing materials. Not that it's terrible though. Fold down rear seats.

So Happy
By Extremley Happy

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 TL in Nov 2005. I was at the Orlando car show and had thought about a lexus. I even went and test drove the lexus. After that test ride I felt the lexus looked too conservative for me. I was then off to the Acura dealership. 1 test drive is all it took & could not be happier!! Its sporty and rides great. I get compliments on the car all the time. I am anal about being clean so I even wipe the car down before it comes out of the garage to keep it with a new look. My love of music sounds great in the car also. Great sound system as well! Acura fan always in Orlando:)

Body style, power, sound system, handling.

The driver seat belt hard to get to at times. To close to upper side of seat. Acura needs to option out alloy deep dish rims for their sport lux cars. And come up with more rim selections.

2 year and still happy
By TL Fan

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

All things considered, the car is a joy to drive. Powerful engine can cause the front end to pull to the left when you floor it. I tend to drive with fuel consumption in mind and this car consistantly gives me around 25 mpg in mixed city/hwy and 30mpg hwy. A friend who has one drives aggressively and gets much lower results. Overall the car is a great combination of a sport/luxury car. Only disappointment is the nav system. Info was somewhat out of date when delivered and it is very annoying that you must hit a button on the screen to activate it everytime you start the car to acknowledge that you will use it with common sense

xm radio, moon roof, fit and finish of the car

fold down rear seats, daytime running lights, nav system

Great Handling
By Wedan

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL is a great performing car. Cost of the TL was very attractive to me when compared to an equally equipped Cadillac CTS or Lexus 350, Infiniti etc. The quality has been exceptional. Other than following the computer for regular maintenance, the TL will probably never see the mechanic. The reliability of Acura is tops.

Navigation system is user friendly, handling is superb. Very tight steering and braking, while also giving a quiet ride.

The only thing I would like to see in the TL is a ride option. I like the handling capabilities and how the car holds the corners, but, a switch to go to full - soft lux ride might be nice.