Used 2006 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Simply Superb!!
By Luckyguy

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car with great value for money. Car is loaded with awesome standard features but most important thing is reliability and performance and TL is best in both. During an emergency I have to drive it to Canada in world record 6 feet snow and snowstorm and I must thank TL for reliably taking to my destination. Just take it up for routine maintenance and you will be fine. Very silent car....in the same price range and same power, BMW 328i does not provides even half the features. but then BMW is BMW but anyways...always remember...its great great value for your money. Don't forget...its features are so user friendly that you don't even need to read User Manual even once! A must test drive!

Blue tooth, lumbar support, audio system, flexible arm rest for driver, ac control, tire pressure monitoring system, computer, maintenance alarm system, memory seats

1. Flipped back seat for more storage space. 2. MP3 jack 3. 17-19 MPG on city roads is too less although it is awesome on highways (30-35 MPG)

A for Acura
By Bri Bri

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Saab, Infiniti, and Audi and this in the best total package I've ever owned. I've now had my TL for two years and have yet to take the car in for anything else other than schedule service. Acura has created the best blend of performance, luxury, and reliability. By the way, the standard bluetooth technology is great.

Bluetooth technology, incredible sound system, sports car performance, and stellar reliability.

Rear seats that fold down for convenience (also a problem for Lexus and Infiniti). Don't understand why these makers don't realize that luxury owners pick-up odd shaped packages too. Doors that stay open easier.

Just All Right
By VirginiaLovely

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, with the exception of the interiror quality. After looking at several vechicles, I went with the Acura because I thought the car was fun to drive, looked great, and I liked the idea of an all-inclusive package. I understand this is considered a "luxury" vehicle, but I'm getting a little tired of spending $200+ every time I have to service the car. The TL is high maintenance, and very expensive to own, especially with the current gas prices. The gas milage is not great. In 10 months of ownership, I've spent $325 to replace 1 tire, then probably another $750 on scheduled maintenance. Great car, but be prepared to see your bank account take a hit! Not for the cost-cautious!

Navigation system, XM radio.

Better quality materials for interior, better sound system, remove the standard cassett player, better gas mileage.

06 TL
By acuralegend1

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted this car for years. Finally purchased a CPO last August. Had to go back for service twice in first month - once for rear deck speaker rattle and second time because the power steering hose came off, lost P/S fluid and began making a terrible noise. This was a fluke so don't let this deter you from the TL. This is the fourth Acura I've had in the last 15 years and certainly won't be the last.

Blue Tooth, tire pressure monitoring system, onboard computer for all vehicle and exterior temp stats, XM radio, iPod adapter

Rear-wheel drive/improve turning radius, use real wood for accents (my '94 Legend coupe had real burlwood) - not the fake stuff

Back to a sedan
By Bostonian

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this Acura after having SUVs for 11 years. I work for the fed & our 2008 travel budget was cut, so I didn't need an SUV for work-related events any more. Saw this car on my favorite dealer's website - one drive was all it took. Love the performance, reliabilty, et al. Interior is much wider than a comparable Infiniti. The dealer underpriced the car, so I bought it that afternoon. Mileage isn't great esp when the heater is on. I park at a commuter lot all day & only drive 110 mile p/week now for work, but mileage is still not what I expected. Love driving down to the Cape with it - like a bullet on the hwy. Fast, steady, smooth, balanced

performance, reliability

gas mileage, better access to trunk button, seat belts for shorter drivers