2006 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
One Fine Vehicle
By David J. on 12/19/06 11:23 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a hard to satisfy middle-aged male who grew up with performance cars of the 60s and 70s. Although so much more refined than my '70 Cougar (350 HP), 70 Nova SS (375 HP) and others, the TL gives me a little taste of what I used to know and love but with so much more refinement and luxury. The sounds of the V6 in the higher revs is really terrific. It sounds and pulls like a mid-size V8. I own very high-end home audio equipment & am quite satisfied with many quality DVD-A recordings on the factory system. The sound is far better than average. With well-mixed discs as source material, you'll appreciate the 5.1 surround sound.

A very nice car
By AN on 12/18/06 22:57 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car for the sole reason I wanted a car that was reliable & would last me a long time since I'm the type to buy a car and drive it into the ground rather than lease it. I wanted something low maintenace and affordable. I did a lot of reseach into comparable makes such as the Infiniti G35, Volvo S60 and Lexus ES, and none could match the price for what you get with the TL. I didn't have to deal with option packages, everything I wanted was included standard for one low-price and it was under a brand that was known for reliability. It's both sporty enough where you can go cruising on a weekend yet, practical enough where you can run your daily errands, albeit in a bit more style.

Great Car
By great car on 12/05/06 16:47 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have been a loyal Honda owner for over 7 years but wanted to move to something with some luxury and went to test drive a Acura TL. Found it to be a well-engineered vehicle will continue to purchase acura cars.

TL is an Excellent Car
By Joe R. on 12/05/06 11:22 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Hands down the most car for the money in this range. Fun to drive, fantastic design and terrific quality. Better than most more expensive cars in its class. My only complaint is that the door lock button doesn't go all the way into the door and is uncomfortable when I want to rest my arm on the door (such as with windows down, etc.). Sound system is excellent with HD surround sound, Bluetooth for phone is handy, and sportronic shifting makes driving fun again.

Best I have Ever Owned!!!
By Jeff Rooster on 12/04/06 20:20 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great. Very quick, great handling. Very comfortable driver's seat. Great looking and great quality. I feel special when I drive it. I wish I knew that they were going to put the RL 3.5 in it. I would have waited 2 more months.

Nice car
By bjwestner on 11/29/06 16:54 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Very good car. Interior design is very nice. Price of the vehicle cannot be beat considering the options that you get. Navigation system is second to none. I have read that other owners got Bridgestone tires on their TL, mine came with nice Michelins. I have had no issues so far. The vehicle runs on 87 - it's recommended that you put premium in but I do not and it runs fine.

Awesome Acura TL!
By Holly on 11/25/06 06:24 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've always had V6 Honda Accords, loved them all, and was ready to buy a 2006 but couldn't find a good color combination. Moved to the Acura TL based on reputation, looks, and color combinations and I'm so not sorry! It is a hot car - it looks good, has all the creature comforts, is great to drive, has more speed than I'll ever need (but love it!), and it is incredibly sturdy and safe. This car is everything awesome about an Accord, and so much more! The only sad thing is that the surround-sound stereo doesn't have much chance to perform because the music industry hasn't produced many surround-sound cds! I'd definitely recommend this car for every reason.

Love My TL
By Steve P on 11/10/06 09:40 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Acura. Had an 03 TL, and 04 TSX. For overall performance including power as a big factor for me, the new TL gets my nod. I'm a sucker for horsepower though. Love the fit and finish, smooth delivery of power, and well-engineered handling. A quiet cabin allows for a high-end listening experience with well-mixed DTS type DVDAs . Be careful what you buy, some of these high end discs sound no better than your average CD in the TL. Some reviewers have complained about a lack of bass. It is available, you just need to give the TL the proper source material. The TL is money well spent.

2006 acura TL
By cnn.com autos on 11/08/06 11:51 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I expected it to be quick and comfortable. It turned out to be both. I recently made a 2500 mile trip and it was excellent. I do not believe the 33 mpg listed by the onboard computer and premium fuel was a cost factor. I recommend it highly.

1 Year Review
By Car Man on 11/04/06 13:43 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After owning only European cars for the past 10 years (Audi, BMW, MB) I decided to give the Acura TL a chance. Although I was impressed by the lower cost, I've realized that the extra cost goes into the details. After about a year of ownership, I've noticed that the TL just can't match the attention to detail, high-speed performance, and material quality of German competitors (e.g., interior materials, ambient lighting inside, intelligent design in small details, etc.) I think every manfacturer has a competency, and the TL is relatively comfortable, luxurious, and performs relatively well, but doesn't excel like those offered by Euro car makers.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.