Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

06 TL
By acuralegend1

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted this car for years. Finally purchased a CPO last August. Had to go back for service twice in first month - once for rear deck speaker rattle and second time because the power steering hose came off, lost P/S fluid and began making a terrible noise. This was a fluke so don't let this deter you from the TL. This is the fourth Acura I've had in the last 15 years and certainly won't be the last.

Favorite Features

Blue Tooth, tire pressure monitoring system, onboard computer for all vehicle and exterior temp stats, XM radio, iPod adapter

Suggested Improvements

Rear-wheel drive/improve turning radius, use real wood for accents (my '94 Legend coupe had real burlwood) - not the fake stuff

Back to a sedan
By Bostonian

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this Acura after having SUVs for 11 years. I work for the fed & our 2008 travel budget was cut, so I didn't need an SUV for work-related events any more. Saw this car on my favorite dealer's website - one drive was all it took. Love the performance, reliabilty, et al. Interior is much wider than a comparable Infiniti. The dealer underpriced the car, so I bought it that afternoon. Mileage isn't great esp when the heater is on. I park at a commuter lot all day & only drive 110 mile p/week now for work, but mileage is still not what I expected. Love driving down to the Cape with it - like a bullet on the hwy. Fast, steady, smooth, balanced

Favorite Features

performance, reliability

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage, better access to trunk button, seat belts for shorter drivers

Almost great
By Don

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The gas mileage is not what I was led to expect. I get only about 22-23 mpg average. I got 20-21 mpg on my 7 series BMW! Very fun to drive! Very reliable!

Favorite Features

Navigation system. It takes too long to be ready to use however. Should have a "back" button. If you make a mistake entering things, you have to start all over again.

Suggested Improvements

Door "stay open" device is a total failure. It will bang your shins every time you use the car if you're not very careful. A constant source of irritation.

Bargain Performance
By mark

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted something that looked good, and performed well. This is my 2nd TL, had a 2000 and this one is much better. Looked at Maxima, BMW 325, G35 and this was the best value.

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, and style. The bluetooth is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Auto on headlights, more sound proofing materials. Not that it's terrible though. Fold down rear seats.

So Happy
By Extremley Happy

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 TL in Nov 2005. I was at the Orlando car show and had thought about a lexus. I even went and test drove the lexus. After that test ride I felt the lexus looked too conservative for me. I was then off to the Acura dealership. 1 test drive is all it took & could not be happier!! Its sporty and rides great. I get compliments on the car all the time. I am anal about being clean so I even wipe the car down before it comes out of the garage to keep it with a new look. My love of music sounds great in the car also. Great sound system as well! Acura fan always in Orlando:)

Favorite Features

Body style, power, sound system, handling.

Suggested Improvements

The driver seat belt hard to get to at times. To close to upper side of seat. Acura needs to option out alloy deep dish rims for their sport lux cars. And come up with more rim selections.