2006 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Fun, Performance, Great Looking
By Mark on 04/24/07 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2006 Acura TL and it is an amazing car! I did quite a bit of research and bang for the buck, this car has it. I just came back from a few long trips and I can't wait to go out again. I actually got 34 MPG on the highway and I avg about 26 MPG around town. The hands free bluetooth works great! The acceleration, the comfort, the stereo/CD/XM radio are all fantastic. If you are thinking about a Lexus, or a BMW I urge you to drive a TL or an RL. These cars are great and the prices are reasonable for all of the options you get. Normally my wife gets to drive the new car and I take the older of the two we have. She's not getting this one! It's all mine!!

Great car for the money
By Geekybiker on 03/05/07 12:25 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The Acura TL is the best blend of luxury and performance that you'll find at this price point. It has outstanding power for a sedan with a wide and very drivable powerband. It had a beautiful, well finished interior. Especially so in the two tone color combinations. The seats are very comfy and supportive enough to keep you from sliding too much during agressive driving. On top of all of this it maintains good fuel economy given its power. Only downside has been the 6 speed manual gear box which is occasionally fickle about going into 3rd on quick shifts. Though reportedly this can be dealt with by using a different gear oil. Overall I think its a top runner in a very competitive class.

Nice Car, Poor Service
By jonathan on 02/24/07 13:49 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had a volvo previously and I liked that car. I bought this car, since the S60 is outdated and this car is definitely the best buy, nice dash layout and the most friendly car I've had. The navigation system is by far the best available in the market. The car rides fine if handling is not a key factor. At high speed and when taking curves there are some lateral unwanted moves that make you lose control of the car.

Good car for a front wheel drive
By matthew Everett on 02/07/07 13:36 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My TL was a superb choice in my price category. The only issues I have is they have problems with their front windshield, as mine was broken and I have heard of others, also car should really be a rear wheel drive to counter the stability problems when really putting on the speed, either at start up, or passing. The rear exterior design is very boring with the TSX/RSX more sporty. It should be the other way round IMHO.

Acura TL with Nav 6 Month Review
By ahe68 on 01/06/07 07:59 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Six months later I still love this car. For a 3.2 the car has ample power and maneuvering is perfect. Turning radius and steering are very good. The navigation in this vehicle is the best I've seen on the market. Entering new addresses needs to be made easier, but it is not a big deal. The interior is laid out perfectly and I really like the blue backlit dash. The seats are firm but comfortable. Mechanically the car is perfect. You can tell the Acura is a quality build. I switched to Acura from two prevous Nissan Maxima's. Qualitywise the Acura is far better than the Nissan. I believe the Acura is in need of a few new features which I have outlined below.

Love my TL!!!!
By Angela on 01/05/07 07:23 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a nice plush car. I test drove a 07 Camry, 06 TL and 06 Accord. The TL won me over due to appearances. At first I had some trouble with rattling in glovebox, but it turned out to be two loose screws, probably from the dealership when they installed music link for iPod.

2006 Acura TL
By Kim on 01/04/07 19:24 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at the Lexus IS 250, Infiniti G35x and then there was the TL... better power and styling at the lowest price out of the three.

Great car
By Paul L. on 01/02/07 18:25 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Acura I drive. First one was a small Acura 1.6 TL sold only in Canada. I am impressed with the quality of this Acura TL and the features it has for this price compared with other models. The car is a blast to drive and the quality of interior is excellent. It looks very nice from exterior. I found the sound from the audio system great and I can barely wait to purchase and try the first DVD-audio. I played only regular CDs so far. I found both manual/automatic shift as a plus and handy for people in love with manual transmission. I don't have too many complaints so far. I drove this car for less than a month only.

TL06 BoReview
By Angling Prof on 12/25/06 07:41 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great electronics for hands-free operation and control of vehicle. 29 MPG on trip. 22 MPG in city. Engine is a beauty. Nice tradeoff between performance and economy.

Love this car
By Jason on 12/21/06 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an 03 TSX for a Toyota Avalon since I needed a bigger car for my growing family. Huge mistake. Should have got the TL like I originally planned. Got my TL yesterday and it is everything I liked about the TSX only better. Tight handling, great interior, plenty of power.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.