Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Love this car
By larpine

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this 06 with ten thousand miles. Great car, ample power, a little too fun to drive, (hard to get where you are going when you never want to get out of the car), sleek design. After researching I found that this car holds its value better than ANYTHING in its class, beats Mercedes and BMW, and offers so much more with Honda reliability. Rear visibility is not good, thinking the back up sensors may be worth the money considering what bumpers cost. People complain of the back end design of the car so I added a spoiler, looks great. Got it for my 45th birthday, great investment for the young at heart.

Power, handling, braking overall style of the car.

Make back up camera and sensors standard. Aux. Jack in place of cassette deck, and far lessor vehicles come with auto on/off for the headlights and really should be standard on the TL. Bridgestone tires are noisy and look cheap. I've been told to buy Michelins for replacements.

Love this Car
By Jeanna

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving this car. I get to 80 MPH in no time. This car is so smooth and the drive is awesome. The brakes are great! I may be an Acura buyer for life. The car is the best of both worlds - luxury yet sporty. Great car for a young adult.

Navigation. Bluetooth. I love that there is a cassette, CD and satellite.

Wish traffic icons were on the nav system. Cheaper fuel grade and fuel effeciency. Improve the doors. They always swing back and hurt you. The audio volume could be louder.

Simply Superb!!
By Luckyguy

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car with great value for money. Car is loaded with awesome standard features but most important thing is reliability and performance and TL is best in both. During an emergency I have to drive it to Canada in world record 6 feet snow and snowstorm and I must thank TL for reliably taking to my destination. Just take it up for routine maintenance and you will be fine. Very silent car....in the same price range and same power, BMW 328i does not provides even half the features. but then BMW is BMW but anyways...always remember...its great great value for your money. Don't forget...its features are so user friendly that you don't even need to read User Manual even once! A must test drive!

Blue tooth, lumbar support, audio system, flexible arm rest for driver, ac control, tire pressure monitoring system, computer, maintenance alarm system, memory seats

1. Flipped back seat for more storage space. 2. MP3 jack 3. 17-19 MPG on city roads is too less although it is awesome on highways (30-35 MPG)

A for Acura
By Bri Bri

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Saab, Infiniti, and Audi and this in the best total package I've ever owned. I've now had my TL for two years and have yet to take the car in for anything else other than schedule service. Acura has created the best blend of performance, luxury, and reliability. By the way, the standard bluetooth technology is great.

Bluetooth technology, incredible sound system, sports car performance, and stellar reliability.

Rear seats that fold down for convenience (also a problem for Lexus and Infiniti). Don't understand why these makers don't realize that luxury owners pick-up odd shaped packages too. Doors that stay open easier.

Just All Right
By VirginiaLovely

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, with the exception of the interiror quality. After looking at several vechicles, I went with the Acura because I thought the car was fun to drive, looked great, and I liked the idea of an all-inclusive package. I understand this is considered a "luxury" vehicle, but I'm getting a little tired of spending $200+ every time I have to service the car. The TL is high maintenance, and very expensive to own, especially with the current gas prices. The gas milage is not great. In 10 months of ownership, I've spent $325 to replace 1 tire, then probably another $750 on scheduled maintenance. Great car, but be prepared to see your bank account take a hit! Not for the cost-cautious!

Navigation system, XM radio.

Better quality materials for interior, better sound system, remove the standard cassett player, better gas mileage.