2006 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
06 TL
By acuralegend1 on 04/19/08 05:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted this car for years. Finally purchased a CPO last August. Had to go back for service twice in first month - once for rear deck speaker rattle and second time because the power steering hose came off, lost P/S fluid and began making a terrible noise. This was a fluke so don't let this deter you from the TL. This is the fourth Acura I've had in the last 15 years and certainly won't be the last.

Back to a sedan
By Bostonian on 04/10/08 05:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this Acura after having SUVs for 11 years. I work for the fed & our 2008 travel budget was cut, so I didn't need an SUV for work-related events any more. Saw this car on my favorite dealer's website - one drive was all it took. Love the performance, reliabilty, et al. Interior is much wider than a comparable Infiniti. The dealer underpriced the car, so I bought it that afternoon. Mileage isn't great esp when the heater is on. I park at a commuter lot all day & only drive 110 mile p/week now for work, but mileage is still not what I expected. Love driving down to the Cape with it - like a bullet on the hwy. Fast, steady, smooth, balanced

Almost great
By Don on 04/01/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The gas mileage is not what I was led to expect. I get only about 22-23 mpg average. I got 20-21 mpg on my 7 series BMW! Very fun to drive! Very reliable!

Bargain Performance
By mark on 03/24/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted something that looked good, and performed well. This is my 2nd TL, had a 2000 and this one is much better. Looked at Maxima, BMW 325, G35 and this was the best value.

So Happy
By Extremley Happy on 03/23/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 TL in Nov 2005. I was at the Orlando car show and had thought about a lexus. I even went and test drove the lexus. After that test ride I felt the lexus looked too conservative for me. I was then off to the Acura dealership. 1 test drive is all it took & could not be happier!! Its sporty and rides great. I get compliments on the car all the time. I am anal about being clean so I even wipe the car down before it comes out of the garage to keep it with a new look. My love of music sounds great in the car also. Great sound system as well! Acura fan always in Orlando:)

2 year and still happy
By TL Fan on 03/07/08 06:24 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

All things considered, the car is a joy to drive. Powerful engine can cause the front end to pull to the left when you floor it. I tend to drive with fuel consumption in mind and this car consistantly gives me around 25 mpg in mixed city/hwy and 30mpg hwy. A friend who has one drives aggressively and gets much lower results. Overall the car is a great combination of a sport/luxury car. Only disappointment is the nav system. Info was somewhat out of date when delivered and it is very annoying that you must hit a button on the screen to activate it everytime you start the car to acknowledge that you will use it with common sense

Great Handling
By Wedan on 02/07/08 15:04 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL is a great performing car. Cost of the TL was very attractive to me when compared to an equally equipped Cadillac CTS or Lexus 350, Infiniti etc. The quality has been exceptional. Other than following the computer for regular maintenance, the TL will probably never see the mechanic. The reliability of Acura is tops.

Thought it would be better
By seca on 02/02/08 12:28 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

'06 TL, auto, nav, only 13k miles. I expected so much more from this car. Many random noises, rattles. Very annoying. Window creaking - dealer wouldn't fix. Build quality not great. Interior materials / plastics are low end, as is leather. Best part would be engine and nav. I can honestly say that my old Saab is more solid w/higher quality materials, and our CLK is built like a tank and has not had a problem in 5 yrs, unlike multiple problems with the TL. I'll be selling the TL for a GS 350 or 335, which are both much better built. Given build quality issues, I cannot recemmend the TL.

Love my TL
By jbm on 11/20/07 05:30 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

All it took was sitting inside my car and the beautiful interior... driving only sealed the deal. I didn't choose the navigational system, didn't feel the need to spend the money. Other than the tires on my car, I love it. The tires are not suited for the car and have a "flat spot" that causes the car to shutter at 50 mph until the tires are warmed up.

30k Review
By Bernard on 10/16/07 20:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Good car overall. Reliable. Good gas mileage for power. Power is good but not good enough. Horrible in snow!! Squeaking noises from interior once in a while. Good build overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.