Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Other reviewers are too picky.
By Jennie

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned the 2003 TL before updating to the 2006. I also worked in Service at an Acura dealership. The most common complaint is the rattling, but a conscientious technician can fix that. (My car doesn't rattle and it doesn't happen in all of them.) Depending upon your personal driving habits, you *may* go through brakes and tires. If you want a good quality, reliable vehicle, get a TL. My two 80-pound dogs don't damage the interior and neither will your kids. The TL is also mechanically sound. I've worked in Service for other brands so believe me, I'm loyal to Acura for a reason. Compare cost, features, and reliability and it's no wonder that Acura has the highest resale value.

Favorite Features

Navigation is better than any other brand, Bluetooth, seat warmers, intuitive design.

Suggested Improvements

Better clear coat--seems to scratch easier than my old Ford truck.

BMW-Honda-BMW-Honda-BMW-Acura
By dem3nted

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've almost always have had a BMW or Honda product in my automotive stable. Most recently, I had a 1995 BMW M3. Loved the power and handling but hated the maintenance. I also leased a 2006 Honda Accord SE-V6 and owned a 2003 Accord EX-V6 with navigation. Both were very reliable and quick but handling was crappy and interior was blase'. Sheet metal seemed like aluminum foil. BMW's always seemed more solid. Recently, I purchased a 2006 Acura TL with navigation with high mileage for a paltry sum of money. I must say that it is in an entirely different league than the Honda. Quieter and better built than Honda. Really gives the BMW a great run for the money.

Favorite Features

Reliability, edgy styling, bang for the buck.

Suggested Improvements

Better handling. That oversteer is something that keeps me thinking about a BMW in the back of my mind. Could likely need better front struts, springs and sway bar to mitigate the oversteer. Well, I guess Acura will never use the slogan of "Ultimate Driving Machine" except maybe when the NSX is considered.

Great Car...but not "perfect"
By Melissa

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Acura TL for 1 1/2 yrs. It has everything you can imagine as far as options, but it doesn't have auto lights or an aux jack. Another very annoying thing is that the car is very LOUD on the road- makes you feel like you're NOT in a luxury car. Other: leather is cheap. My center console has gotten so thin that it looks pushed down all the time. Just not what you'd expect from a car that costs around $40k brand new. In some light, the instrument gauges have such a bad glare that I can't see them. The navigation is great, the build quality is decent, and the car gets a lot of looks on the road. Definitely looks great when cleaned up.

Favorite Features

Navigation is great. Styling and layout is great. The only "bad" things are what I listed above (I'm very picky), but other than that, I love my car!!

Suggested Improvements

AUTO lights (come on Acura!), aux jack, quality leather, different plastic on instrument panel, and better door seals to make the car quiet and more "luxury" feeling.

Better than a benz
By killajettah

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2006 Mercedes benz c230 and had one prob after the next, engine was very noisy check engine light came on, had bad fuel press reg, and injectors, the abs stopped working, and the trans always got stuck in gear, and this car only had 40000 miles, I traded in on a 2006 acura tl, and this car tops it, it may be kinda noisy but it noo big deal, this is a great car, not as smooth as a benz, but a lower price tag, and easy to get parts on work on, get this car!!!

Favorite Features

Power and performance, features, body design

A great car choice - a little squeaky
By John

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in July and it has been so much fun to drive!! The looks, both inside and out, are top notch. I drove the comparable BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti and all had some kind of issue that I didn't like. The TL smoked all of those in my book (after 6 months of research)! I drive mostly on the highway and average 28 mpg so it also gets great mileage. Everything is great! Except... The only bad thing is that since Acura used so many different materials on the inside, during the cold months they squeak and rattle sometimes. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!! Still love the car and wouldn't have been this happy with anything else.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, gas mileage, bluetooth, seat comfort, roominess, and of course LOOKS!!

Suggested Improvements

Dear God, please make the rattling stop!!!