Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great used car purchase
By AMDE

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL is a great car for its price. This car made the transition from driving a sports car to a sport sedan easy. And the excellent crash test ratings make it even better.

Performance is awesome....Acura's quality service and reliability...great looking car inside and out.

As other people have mentioned...stop the rattles! And the door not staying open when I want it to is annoying. Would like auto headlights and MP3 capability also.

Used 2006 TL
By Scott

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used with 69000 miles. I was pretty happy with the price at $15,700 (Acura Lease car). This is my 3rd TL and each one I've put over a 100k on. Very good reliable cars that perform very well. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a performance geared sedan.

Gas mileage is awesome. Avg 24-26 driving to work and 30 on the road. Love the power and handling. Overall very comfortable to commute in.

Minor ones but important. Auto headlights (every Chevy has this). No aux input for radio (car this expensive should have that). Audio display information (again even a cheap chevy has this). Lastly, it does rattle a bit.

Great Car!
By SpeedRacerGabe

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my TL for about 3.5 yrs now and I still love it as much as I did when new. The most reliable car I have ever owned, great performance and with the 6-speed I just love driving through the mountain roads and winding up the engine. Fuel mileage better than I expected and have seen 38 on the hwy thanks to a couple of performance upgrades.

Sound system, manual tranny, fuel mileage and looks

heated steering wheel, mp3 jack and rear seat warmers

A great car choice - a little squeaky
By John

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in July and it has been so much fun to drive!! The looks, both inside and out, are top notch. I drove the comparable BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti and all had some kind of issue that I didn't like. The TL smoked all of those in my book (after 6 months of research)! I drive mostly on the highway and average 28 mpg so it also gets great mileage. Everything is great! Except... The only bad thing is that since Acura used so many different materials on the inside, during the cold months they squeak and rattle sometimes. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!! Still love the car and wouldn't have been this happy with anything else.

Acceleration, gas mileage, bluetooth, seat comfort, roominess, and of course LOOKS!!

Dear God, please make the rattling stop!!!

Great Car...but not "perfect"
By Melissa

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Acura TL for 1 1/2 yrs. It has everything you can imagine as far as options, but it doesn't have auto lights or an aux jack. Another very annoying thing is that the car is very LOUD on the road- makes you feel like you're NOT in a luxury car. Other: leather is cheap. My center console has gotten so thin that it looks pushed down all the time. Just not what you'd expect from a car that costs around $40k brand new. In some light, the instrument gauges have such a bad glare that I can't see them. The navigation is great, the build quality is decent, and the car gets a lot of looks on the road. Definitely looks great when cleaned up.

Navigation is great. Styling and layout is great. The only "bad" things are what I listed above (I'm very picky), but other than that, I love my car!!

AUTO lights (come on Acura!), aux jack, quality leather, different plastic on instrument panel, and better door seals to make the car quiet and more "luxury" feeling.