2006 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great car, bad experience
By Ash on 03/20/09 15:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought my 06 TL and love it!! I will stick with Acura from here out! I gladly traded in my 06 Mercedes CLK( it broke down two weeks into purchase!) for the TL and am happier then ever... Even though these are very diff cars ( luxury vs sport) the clk just does not compare at all!!! TL has all the power and looks comp to clk plus a whole lot more! And most are standard. Beautiful car, beautiful performance and it will definitely outlast a Mercedes! Love love love my TL!

An overall winner
By LisaB315 on 03/09/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I can truly attest to this car's performance, having driven it for 80,000 miles and 3 solid years. It is a fun car to drive, be it in the city or on a country road. Everything you can think of with a few exceptions (I'll get to those next) is included (not an option) like Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, driver & passenger memory seats, awesome navigation with touch screen and there's even a light in the glovebox. The downsides:no MP3 connection,no need for cassette player,rear seats don't fold, moon roof controls should be mounted on dashbord.I recommend Michelin tires for a quiet ride.The TL is extremely affordable to maintain- I still have my original brakes with 5k+ miles remaining.

The rattles and the jerking finally won.
By samsam on 03/08/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was so excited when I bought my 2006 TL. It was and still is one of the best looking cars on the road. However, after just one week the rattles began. I should have listened to other reviews. I tried for 2 years to pretend they didn't bother me because the car is beautiful and reliable. The real problem is the ride to the TL's prior to 2007 suspension upgrade was just too rough and it shakes everything loose. You can't even enjoy the DVD audio because ALL the speakers rattle and no one at my Acura dealership could fix them. I had a 2007 loaner once and noticed they finally fixed the suspension-that car was quiet. I finally gave up and traded it in this month (not for another Acura).

Perfect Blend
By Car Rob on 10/12/08 18:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love cars, but I hate when they break. My last BMW spend more time in for service than it did in my garage! This thing isn't quite as fun as a 330i, BUT IT DOES NOT BREAK! Plus, I can't complain about 31 mpg with cruise set at 80 mph! You do have to run premium if you want optimum horsepower and MPG. Go with the manual transmission and dump the stock all season tires and you can't go wrong. Couldn't justify spending two grand on a nav system when I can read maps, so I didn't order that. The upgraded Brembo brakes that come with the manual version are simply amazing, but pedal modulation could be a little easier at the top of tip in. So comfortable on any road, find some twisties and enjoy!

Have Fun, be Responsible!
By PT on 10/11/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Interior: superb electronics and AC (a must in AZ), very stylish; seats are short, lack thigh support. Exterior: good curb appeal. Large turning radius; front bumper scrapes every driveway. Visibility is more sporty than sedan like. 0-25 is good, 25-80 is smooth and superb. Handles brilliantly, feels safe. Feel the road - rides best with (costly) Michelins - everything else detracts from sporty feel. This is a firm, not cushy ride. Quieter than an Accord, but more road noise than a Mercedes or Camry. Everyone likes driving this car. Smallish trunk, rear seats do not fold down, so, not good for moving stuff. If you can afford it, I doubt you can find a better car.

Love this car
By larpine on 06/29/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this 06 with ten thousand miles. Great car, ample power, a little too fun to drive, (hard to get where you are going when you never want to get out of the car), sleek design. After researching I found that this car holds its value better than ANYTHING in its class, beats Mercedes and BMW, and offers so much more with Honda reliability. Rear visibility is not good, thinking the back up sensors may be worth the money considering what bumpers cost. People complain of the back end design of the car so I added a spoiler, looks great. Got it for my 45th birthday, great investment for the young at heart.

Love this Car
By Jeanna on 06/09/08 08:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving this car. I get to 80 MPH in no time. This car is so smooth and the drive is awesome. The brakes are great! I may be an Acura buyer for life. The car is the best of both worlds - luxury yet sporty. Great car for a young adult.

Simply Superb!!
By Luckyguy on 05/09/08 06:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car with great value for money. Car is loaded with awesome standard features but most important thing is reliability and performance and TL is best in both. During an emergency I have to drive it to Canada in world record 6 feet snow and snowstorm and I must thank TL for reliably taking to my destination. Just take it up for routine maintenance and you will be fine. Very silent car....in the same price range and same power, BMW 328i does not provides even half the features. but then BMW is BMW but anyways...always remember...its great great value for your money. Don't forget...its features are so user friendly that you don't even need to read User Manual even once! A must test drive!

A for Acura
By Bri Bri on 04/22/08 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Saab, Infiniti, and Audi and this in the best total package I've ever owned. I've now had my TL for two years and have yet to take the car in for anything else other than schedule service. Acura has created the best blend of performance, luxury, and reliability. By the way, the standard bluetooth technology is great.

Just All Right
By VirginiaLovely on 04/19/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, with the exception of the interiror quality. After looking at several vechicles, I went with the Acura because I thought the car was fun to drive, looked great, and I liked the idea of an all-inclusive package. I understand this is considered a "luxury" vehicle, but I'm getting a little tired of spending $200+ every time I have to service the car. The TL is high maintenance, and very expensive to own, especially with the current gas prices. The gas milage is not great. In 10 months of ownership, I've spent $325 to replace 1 tire, then probably another $750 on scheduled maintenance. Great car, but be prepared to see your bank account take a hit! Not for the cost-cautious!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.