Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Most Helpful|
2006 acura TL
By cnn.com autos

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I expected it to be quick and comfortable. It turned out to be both. I recently made a 2500 mile trip and it was excellent. I do not believe the 33 mpg listed by the onboard computer and premium fuel was a cost factor. I recommend it highly.

Favorite Features

It has all the features I could ever need. My favorite would be the seats. Heated and adjustable. On long trip very pleasant.

Suggested Improvements

All wheel drive option would be good.

Back to a sedan
By Bostonian

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this Acura after having SUVs for 11 years. I work for the fed & our 2008 travel budget was cut, so I didn't need an SUV for work-related events any more. Saw this car on my favorite dealer's website - one drive was all it took. Love the performance, reliabilty, et al. Interior is much wider than a comparable Infiniti. The dealer underpriced the car, so I bought it that afternoon. Mileage isn't great esp when the heater is on. I park at a commuter lot all day & only drive 110 mile p/week now for work, but mileage is still not what I expected. Love driving down to the Cape with it - like a bullet on the hwy. Fast, steady, smooth, balanced

Favorite Features

performance, reliability

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage, better access to trunk button, seat belts for shorter drivers

2006 Acura TL
By Ernie

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

TL is a fine and fun car, but it is neither a great luxury car or sports car. The ride is firm, way too much on uneven concrete surfaces. Several rattles.

Favorite Features

Great looks. Stereo is wonderful, but sometimes the reception is not good. Blue tooth is convenient, but the quality of sound is mediocre at best. Lights are great and the styling inside and out is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic lights, tighter turning circle, smoother ride, better sound quality with the Blue tooth, speed control not on the steering wheel, more color options, the doors too easily come back and hit your leg (ouch!), outside trunk release, net in trunk, independent fog lamps, & auto back windows.

TL missing something
By Robert

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle because of the rating/ review I read on Consumer's Report and other sources. After about ten months now, I can say that--at least in my case--it does not meet my expectations in a number of areas. 1. Annoying vibrations when accelerating; 2. Bad BLIND SPOT on right rear (passenger) side; 3. Keyless entry problems--especially with trunk; 4. Potential electrical problem--ex: windows sometimes open spontaneously; 5. Substantially less MPG than advertised (though, I imagine this is the same problem with many vehicles). 6. Brake Handle not covered properly; allows items to fall into crevice. 7. AC fan automatically sets to MAX when turn on fan, defroster, etc

Favorite Features

1. Seat warmers; 2. DUAL (his/hers) AC controls; 3. Rear window push-button automated TINT control; 4. Side mirror automated adjustment when reversing; 5. Driver side seat adjustment 6. Miles Remaining feature for low gas indicator

Suggested Improvements

1. Passenger side seat adjustment; 2. Passenger side Bun warmer extended to BACK side as with Driver side; 3. Less obnoxious sounding seat belt (not on) indicator; 4. Like everyone, I guess, I would like to see a FULL SIZE spare included as standard equipment

Thought it would be better
By seca

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

'06 TL, auto, nav, only 13k miles. I expected so much more from this car. Many random noises, rattles. Very annoying. Window creaking - dealer wouldn't fix. Build quality not great. Interior materials / plastics are low end, as is leather. Best part would be engine and nav. I can honestly say that my old Saab is more solid w/higher quality materials, and our CLK is built like a tank and has not had a problem in 5 yrs, unlike multiple problems with the TL. I'll be selling the TL for a GS 350 or 335, which are both much better built. Given build quality issues, I cannot recemmend the TL.

Favorite Features

Engine, nav.

Suggested Improvements

Materials, build quality very disappointing for a 35k car. No comparison compared to GS 350. And what is the deal with only 4-way power passenger seat? Even my old Saab has 8 way passenger. Honda-don't be so cheap.