Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

I love my 2006 T L
By Zifey Nykin

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car and so does every one who sees it! I have no complaints!

Recently purchased
By Montreal-man

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my ride on Friday after a one year search (including these testimonials). I compared g35,bmw, audi, nissan before decing on the TL. The car is awesome, fast, powerful, fun to drive with great tech features. The HandsFree link was really important as I am a salesman on the road all-the- time! The stereo rocks, the engine is way too much power performance for what I really need...but damm it's fun to let'er rip off the line! I opted for the performance package (No NAV system). The brembo brakes stick are a great feature to have. The car is so smooth, quiet that I honestly had a hard time keeping below the speed limit I had to engage the cruise control the 1st time on the highway.

Favorite Features

handsFree, stereo, seats, engine, stickshift, technology, cool blue dash board, solid build, Honda reliability

Suggested Improvements

folding seats

Techno-Driving in Style
By AndyTous

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very comfortable vehicle with great variety of standard equipment. I love the included hands- free bluetooth setup with will even allow you to store speed dial numbers. The audio systems with DVD-A is brutal and sounds like you're inside a studio cabin. As far as driving performance, this car is athletic enough for the price, plus, you get tons of standard extras that other "German Rivals" will charge you a ton of money for adding.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Handling, Braking, Stability, Traction Control & Emergency Braking. I tested all these features myself including emergency braking to a 180 turn and at first I thought it would be as heavy, clumsy and lazy as a cow but was really surprised how this car performed and how light it felt.

Suggested Improvements

This car should include MP3 playback right from the DVD changer (using CDs or DVDs). This would make it just perfect!

'06 TL -- Not great but OK
By Scott

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car about 3 months. Nice car and good value for around $30K but I'm still adjusting. Can't get used to the 5 speed automatic transmission -- it seems to shift up and down too much and doesn't feel smooth. The engine is peppy, more so high end than low end. Front torque steer is inevitable in FWD, so don't kid yourself that you're getting a real sport sedan that you can run hard off the line. The interior is very nice, I like the XM, sunroof, roomy backseats, no problems with leather seats so far. Gas mileage is less than you'd expect around town. Turning radius like a bus. Visability backing up in poor due to rear seat headrests. Doors don't stay open.

Favorite Features

Interior design and colors, XM, sunroof, overall styling, roomy backseat, overall value (all options except nav are standard).

Suggested Improvements

See review above.

2006 Acura TL
By Ernie

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

TL is a fine and fun car, but it is neither a great luxury car or sports car. The ride is firm, way too much on uneven concrete surfaces. Several rattles.

Favorite Features

Great looks. Stereo is wonderful, but sometimes the reception is not good. Blue tooth is convenient, but the quality of sound is mediocre at best. Lights are great and the styling inside and out is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic lights, tighter turning circle, smoother ride, better sound quality with the Blue tooth, speed control not on the steering wheel, more color options, the doors too easily come back and hit your leg (ouch!), outside trunk release, net in trunk, independent fog lamps, & auto back windows.