2006 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
2006 TL
By jinjaman on 11/21/05 16:32 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at the competitors. All were great but could not beat the value of the TL. Low end torque - not been a problem for me. The Nav system is worth the investment.

nice, but flawed
By nccx on 11/20/05 15:20 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

PRO: Lots of engine power,and a nice sound system. CON: It does have several big problems. The torque steer in first gear with a stick is SCAREY. IT CAN almost steer YOU OFF THE ROAD. The low wind dam under in the front will scrape on most downhill driveways. The turning Radius is very large for a midsized car, It remind me a large truck. The lack of a bump strip on the sides has resulted in may dings on the doors. The rear bumper seems to get dinged easily. It not a great amount of fun to drive. It drives more like a good family sedan (Accord, Passat, or Camry) than a sport sedan.

Best Bang for your Luxury Buck
By Chris C. on 11/18/05 23:48 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After 3 months of exhaustive internet and test driving research, I selected the Acura TL. Acura's 'all inclusive features' approach allows them to integrate in ways that the majority of cars in its peer class can't experience. The voice recognition in the navigation allows you to control the heating and cooling, almost all radio functions and even place calls with your integrated Bluetooth phone. Today I asked my TL to find the nearest Chinese restaurant, pushed a button to make a hands free call to place my order, and one more to route me to their front door. As my first entry-luxury car, I am pleased to say my TL exceeds my expectations every time I get behind the wheel.

Kick butt sports sedan
By Pano on 11/15/05 00:01 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is just simply amazing!!!! This car offers the best price for the performance and its luxury. This car is appealing to the young and to the older population. It comes with great standard features and once again its price is unbelievable.

Acura TL
By max33 on 11/13/05 18:33 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car rocks!! The stickshift is lots of fun, the brakes are awesome, all the toys that are standard make the car interesting and fun. I am amazed that Acura could build such an incredible car for such a good price. An equivalent BMW (5 series) would cost 20K more and the Lexus (250/350) is to small and doesn't come with nearly the amount of standard features. I use the car as a family sedan, which it has more than enough room for, but it drives and feels like a sports car. The NAV combined with XM is simply awesome.

2006 Acura TL
By alca on 11/07/05 02:02 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a superb car for the money. It beats german competition hands down when you compare all the features and the price you pay for them. The ride is extremely smooth. Automatic transmission shifts flawlessly and acurately, The sound system is awesome along with interior lighting. It is roomy enough for five adults or two car seats in the back (for those interested). Navigation system is wonderful and easy to use, especially when voice-activated. There is always room for improvement, however. For the life of me I don't understand why the car doesn't have day time running lights (and automatic lights on for that matter). Also, outside mirrors aren't monochromatic.

TL missing something
By Robert on 11/06/05 00:59 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle because of the rating/ review I read on Consumer's Report and other sources. After about ten months now, I can say that--at least in my case--it does not meet my expectations in a number of areas. 1. Annoying vibrations when accelerating; 2. Bad BLIND SPOT on right rear (passenger) side; 3. Keyless entry problems--especially with trunk; 4. Potential electrical problem--ex: windows sometimes open spontaneously; 5. Substantially less MPG than advertised (though, I imagine this is the same problem with many vehicles). 6. Brake Handle not covered properly; allows items to fall into crevice. 7. AC fan automatically sets to MAX when turn on fan, defroster, etc

Awesome! Impressive! Two Thumbs Up!
By rjohng on 11/03/05 18:12 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven a Passat the last 4 years, and I have to say, this is a major upgrade, Ten-Fold...This has got to be one of the most prestigious cars on the market. Pure comfort and quality.

Best of the best
By Renee on 11/03/05 16:26 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After doing all my research when looking for a car in came down to the Acura Tl. This is the best car i have ever owned !! It has all the class and comfort i wanted and the sporty style is a added bonus as well.A very comfortable ride and the back seat for my children has plenty of leg room and space. I highly recommend this car!

This car ROCKS!!!!!!
By GREAT CAR FOR THE PR on 11/02/05 05:24 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the money, this car is outstanding, both in preformance and comfort. I am an outside salesman, and drive many miles. If I take a client out to lunch, they are amazed with all of the features this car has. As a kick, I usually let them drive it, telling them to push it to the limit. Some of these customers drive cars that cost MUCH MORE then what I paid, and they are VERY impressed. I think that I have swayed at least two of my customers into buying a TL. I have always owned Honda automobiles, my last one is still parked in my garage, a 1997 Honda Accord with over 300,000 miles on it. I still drive it, but it is not as fun as my new TL!!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.