2006 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great alternative to Volvo
By RGH on 12/12/05 20:50 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an 02 S60 T5. Turbo lag and no back seat was main reason. TL seems to be a great car for the money. Exceeded my expectations. Handling is great, firm suspension, flat cornering, good acceleration although low end needs more torque. I would recommend the TL over the other cars in this price range. Great value.

06 TL with Navigation - Outstanding
By Del on 12/10/05 23:04 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the 06 TL four weeks. Lots of improvements from my 02 3.2 TL. Love the exterior design and the interior, seats are excellent. Great pickup. The Navigation system is OUTSTANDING. Wish I had it on my 02. You got to really work on the verbal communications with the navigation system. Looked at the Toyota Avalon, Lexus ES- 330, Infinite GX-35, BMW-3, and the TL was the clear winner. Quality is excellent at this price point. The wife loves the car, too. I like the trip computer and the ease in changing the key fob settings. Much improved over the 02. The TL performance and driving experience is outstanding. Great automobile.

I love this car
By Jeannine on 12/09/05 21:27 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It's a nice looking smooth riding car. I looked at others in it's class, but this was a lot more car for the money. Well worth it. A lot of good standard features in this car are extras on others. Love it.

ACURA TL - Best in its class
By commish on 12/07/05 14:49 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just an all-round fun vehicle to drive. By far the best value in its class!

WOW! This isn't a BMW or Mercedes-Benz?
By witness4ever on 12/03/05 21:32 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

JUST...ONE...WORD...WOW! I've only had one type of car my whole life GERMAN! 7 Mercedes-Benz and 2 BMW 5-Series within my immediate family. This car has been the best car I've ever owned. Not driven, but owned. The whole package I got fully loaded for under $34,000! I test drove the 2006 BMW 530i and Mercedes-Benz E500 and didn't think twice before buying this Acura TL. The BMW and Mercedes cost nearly or more than twice as much for the same features the my Acura TL came with. Besides the fact that it's 3 times as reliable and much lower cost maintain. It drives very good too.

Buy the Maxima
By golfinwi on 11/28/05 15:42 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I guess I'm the one to throw cold water on the rest... I purchased my Acura for "something different", having owned 2 Maximas (04 & 01). I want my Nissan back! Call it nit pickin', but here's my list... tires (everyone knows 25,000mi max)... lights that don't automatically come on... and don't go off when car is off... no ability to change CDs via wheel controls... terrible gas mileage... no ability to lock car while running (I live in WI for God's sakes!).. headlights are weak.... pass through is a joke.. my Maxima could accommodate 2x4's as the seats went down vs cubbyhole opening.. no compass in mirror.. cheap!.. finger pinching glove box opening.. no power st.wheel adjuster. Save $4000-Maxima!

Best of the Best
By Sam and Paula on 11/27/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second TL and we have a bias for Honda/Acura and the TL in particular. Few other automobiles have the mix of luxury, quality, performance, value and style. The exterior of the car is distinctive with crisp body lines that create interesting shadow and shape covered in a flawless paint finish. Inside the 06 TL you find nothing less than top of the line leather seating, fine carpet and details you would only expect in a much more expensive German sedan. The ergonomics of the interior are excellent and seats are supportive. Power and handling of the car are excellent and above the rest of the class save for the BMW 330 with which the TL competes. The car is Best of the Best.

Acura TL
By paynesters on 11/24/05 20:37 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying this car, I test drove the G35, CTS, ES, 330i, and Mercedes C. All of these vehicles are very much on their game, but the TL edged them out for me. 258 horses and 233 pounds feet torque, the only option is whether or not you want the TL with Nav, and what type transmission you desire. Price wise with all the same options, the competition could not compete. This car handles like a dream, and man is it quiet. I wish the information screen was placed in the Nav screen, and the now famous key fob was an option. I will tell you, if you are in the market for a Luxury Sedan without breaking the bank, the TL is more than worth a look!

Great Car with may included options
By ems on 11/24/05 11:17 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2001 Inf I 30 for the TL. What a difference. The TL has effortless acceleration and the ride soaks up any bumps. The blindspots on the driver's rear right and the rear headrests are annoying but you get used to it. Overall a great car with almost everything you want.

Great Choice!
By dap2006 on 11/23/05 06:38 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I'd had my eye on the TL for several years because of my long experience with several Hondas - I was ready to step up. I researched for several months and ordered the 2006 TL as soon as it was available. So far I have just over 1000 miles on it without the any problems. I'd read about some rattles, vibrations, etc... but I've had none - I think those are exceptions. I do have a couple of chips on the front right fender so I'm watching the paint for durability. I love the looks, the power, comfort, outstanding audio system and navigation system. It's fun to drive and a great value!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.