2006 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
This car is fun to drive
By Bob Martino on 01/20/06 22:09 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in December as a company car and let me tell you I have not been disappointed. The navigation is great I have in my MDX and the upgrades are nice. My fuel economy is about 22 MPG and highway has been 26. This car is more sporty than I realized. This car rides firmly and handles better than many sports car on the market and for the price I don't see why you should buy a BMW, Lexus, or Infiniti. This car has everything to offer at a great price.

Underrated... if anything.
By PJ on 01/19/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The car drives as if it were driving on air. THAT, is how smooth the drive is. The handling of the car is absolutely impeccable. Absolutely stunning suspension. The interior makes one feel like a king, with it's 8" touchscreen navi along with the voice activated commands. The car itself is a very attractive looking car, especially with the A-spec bodykit. Overall, there really is NOTHING to complain about for such a car in its class...

Great interior features, all standard
By Cassie on 01/16/06 02:02 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After test driving the BMW 3-series, MB C-class, and Infiniti G35, I bought this one because of the cost, power, and reliability in comparison to the other 3. While I like to accelerate and take curvy roads, I cannot tell the difference between front wheel and rear wheel drive; what I did notice was how much more power the TL had, and how all the great features were standard. I also liked the value of the TSX, but chose the TL not because of the larger engine, but because it was quiter than the TSX and more refined. I look forward to enjoying this car for at least 9 years, the same amount of time I enjoyed my Integra before I decided to upgrade to a larger car.

Best in Class
By Steven D. on 01/14/06 22:29 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I checked out all the competition and concluded that the Acura TL offered the best bang for the buck. It is much roomier then the Lexus IS 350 and less expensive for comparative equipment. I enjoy the NAV system and use the blue tooth constantly. It's nice to keep your hands on the wheel and still control all the main features of the car. I would recommend this car to anyone wanting luxury with a sporty feel.

Bang for the Buck
By Mike on 01/11/06 00:16 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My last 4 cars were MBenz's with an 02 E55 as the car before the TL. I spent months trying to justify buying a 90K car that didnt do all the things this TL does. yes I miss the big V8 and rear wheel drive, but for 35K this car is awesome. I added the A spec kit which does help with the 18 inch rims and ground effects. Ride is great power is ok, still a little torque steer but not bad if I lay off it. The doors do rattle when the windows are down and the "auto shift" won't let you shift to 2nd so it sort of makes it a little less than true shifting. But again I don't believe there is a better car under 50K including the RL.

The best car ever
By Torri on 01/07/06 11:25 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2006 TL. I often just get in the car and ride because I love the feeling and the looks I get from others. I must say it is a real head turner. The voice activated navigation system is very easy to use, the blue- tooth technology is awesome. The only thing I am not impressed with is the 2 tone interior, besides that I have no complaints about my new purchase. I think Acura has definitely stepped up and can run with the best of them. It is well worth the money, you will not be disappointed.

TL
By Shell on 01/07/06 08:38 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura TL is a fun car to drive. I absolutely love my new car. Everything you need when fighting traffic, or just taking a ride, is just a voice command away. If your looking for a car, I highly recommend you take this car for a test drive. You will love it too.

TL: Tech Tour de Force
By Redirector on 01/05/06 23:47 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Tested: A3, M35, Passat V6. M has even more tech, but is +$14k. Passat is fast, but dealers not so good, reliability suspect. A3 drove great, a little small. TL best use of HP, Lux, Sport, Tech. Quiet, fast, smooth; roomy, beautiful tan interior. 31mpg hw! Navi better than M (note: TSX, RL have newer "firmware", more voice commands, Zagat). Voice recog. is accurate; Map is intuitive, not bossy, or verbose! Fast recalc; can input by point/clicking on distant cities for routes; Displays logos. Dials #s found on Nav w/Handsfree Cell. Stereo/XM Sat has stunning clarity. Dealer: "free tires for life"; car washes; loaners. Must spend $50k to top TL. Use $ for DVD-A's, bluetooth cell!

Excellent toy not much of comfort
By fred on 01/04/06 09:14 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I researched alot before making my decision. This car is fun to drive, but it's rough like my Jeep. I have never seen a luxury sedan this rough. The handling is fine; nothing special. You will feel every hole and bumps on the road. The technology on this car is exceptional. The navigation system, voice recognition is just awsome. After all those were the REASONS why I bought this car. The sound system is not that impressive as I had read on edmunds before; it is ok though. I had a lexus LS400 before this car and I know my next car will be a lexus again. Over all, I am ok with it.

Great Car, but a bit to to Improve
By ATM on 01/03/06 22:04 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I really did my research before I purchased the TL. The Acura TL is the BEST combination of performance (2nd overall), design (1st), and value (1st). It has a sports suspencion so you will feel bumps, accelerates very quickly and has great balance around turns.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.