Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Very Happy With This Car
By Happy Buyer

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped till I dropped and finally ran across the BEST Car ever! Acura TL I really love to drive this car and get lots of nice looks and compliments too

Love that navigation

Should have a better headlight on and off switch AUTO

Comforts of Life
By Sandra Smith

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My TL ws purchased as a gift from my husband. I had always wanted a luxury car, after driving the acura rsx type S, I feel in love with the dependability of Acura. The TL is a joy to drive.

Heated seats.. Blue tooth.. bump shift.body style. interior is roomie performance is excellent. Controls on dash are not over done ..a/c stero Ect Back seat is roomie . Use of blue lights is an added touch , instead of white.

Only problems I have found with my 06 TL is as follows. the Material used on the dash , turns ashy over time,becomes so aparent you can see the square where the passanger air bag is. Only fix is to condition the surface with a honda product.Cabin noise needs to be improved for quiet

Enjoying My Purchase
By Jason Murray

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Three things seem to stick out from others' reviews at least the poor ones: interior rattling, poor fuel economy and torque steer. I live in El Paso with some rough roads and have no interior rattling at all. As far as the torque steer it is very evident with this vehicle and Acura should look towards a rear wheel drive (standard) and an optional AWD version in the coming years. Fuel economy is more of the driver as the model I have meets and exceeds the posted mileage. Something I have found is the ride height could be shortened a bit (possibly an inch) to improve performance (handling). I enjoy this vehicle very much and it is my daily driver now.

Transmission shifts smoothly and I love the interior design of the vehicle. I opted for the carbon fiber trim. Navigation system is wonderful as well.

Lowered ride height (A Spec I think addresses this), rear wheel drive or AWD.

Acura TL
By Jessica Del Toro

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is an awesome ride. Not only is the design of the vehichle both sophisticated and sporty, but it drives wonderfully. The navigation system is great as well as the surround sound system. It's a powerful car. It drives great!

Navigation system and 5.1 ELS DVD Audio surround sound.

I love my TL!!!!
By Belinda

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL after 10 years of driving the Denali. I thought it would take a while to get used to sitting down low but after driving for one week I knew I'd made the right choice. It is so much fun to drive and the gas mileage is awesome. I get 34 on the highway. The luxury inside the car is awesome as well. The a/c dials down to 58 degrees and in this hot Texas weather it is awesome! I looked at a lot of cars and this car for the money couldn't be beaten. I got the 18" chrome wheels, wood trim inside and some extra body moldings outside and I get so many compliments! My girlfriend has a BMW 550 and she is just smitten with my TL.

Navigation system and the handsfree bluetooth connection are so easy to use that you do actually use them. The Nav has lots of fun options.

A feature like on-star would be great. Also would like to see what song/artist is playing on FM like they do on XM. It would be nice for the passenger seat to have all of the power adjustments as driver.