Used 2006 Acura TL Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

JJ's TL
By JJ

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The car has been wonderful in every way. The day after purchasing it, I was driving on the interstate and I saw a sign that said, "Blueridge Parkway next right". I took it and was really amazed! The TL owned the road. It felt like a convertible with the sunroof open and the windows down, and it hugged the turns. Then I got back on the interstate and it felt like a quiet, smooth luxury car. The TL has both personalities, sports car and luxury car, and it excels at both.

Manual 6-speed, sound system, handling, constant acceleration, overall quality.

The rear seats tend to puff up in the middle. (Talk about being picky.)

Love This Car!!!
By sara

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After much test driving of many cars we were sold on the new TL. It took us several months of looking at several different cars, but we always came back to and compared them all to the TL. This car is so much fun to drive, I find reasons to run to the store to pick up groceries! The gas mileage has been terrific, averaging about 27 miles to the gallon. We have taken trips to Indianapolis several times, and it has been a pleasure to drive. The interior space is comfortable, quiet, and spacious. Our 6'7" son rides very comfortably in the front seat, as well as the back seat. We love our new TL.

The sound system is top shelf. And the driver's seat is one of the most comfortable we have ever had in a new car.

We really have no comments on improvement. The white diamond paint finish is terrific, and the ebony interior is outstanding along with all the controls are conveniently located.

WARNING to driving enthusiasts
By enthusiast3

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I sure wish I had test driven this car more before buying it. I just traded in my 2006 6 speed TL with only 5,900 miles on it. This car is really nice in some ways and I possibly would have kept it if I had bought it with an automatic, but it definitely is not a "driver's" car. I really wanted to like this car, I've owned two Accords and two Integras, all of which were great cars w/manual transmissions. I went so far as to replace the stock all season tires with summer only tires and I even thought long and hard about buying the A-Spec suspension, which you can find on e-bay now. I was prepared for a little torque steer, but not for the complete lack of involvement.

Engine (9 out of 10), 6 Speed Transmission (9); Brakes (8.5); Stereo (10); Bluetooth (8); Interior Design (9); Quietness (8); HID Headlights (9); Fit and Finish (8); Value Retention; Winter ability; Insurance Cost; Back seat comfort; Probable reliability and durability.

The suspension is way too soft for the 6 speed w/upgraded brakes, at least give us a sport package for under 2k; ZERO to NIL ROAD FEEL; twitchy handling and slight vibration at 80 to 85 with both sets of tires; nose dive; Easily unsettled by bumps when cornering; front seat bottoms are uncomfortable.

Tough Decisions!? Let Me Help!
By Crocodile

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

When I was searching for a new car, I was between a Maxima (biggest), Infiniti G35 (sportiest),Ford Fusion (cheapest) and the new TL. I did a lot of research online and as a result did a lot of "virtual kicking of the tires." My suggestion is, once you have narrowed down the field, go to the dealership and test drive the cars. When I went and looked at the Fusion, I noticed how underpowered and how poorly built it was. The Maxima is like a giant bathtub inside, with the center console miles away. The G35 coupe is fast but small, very small, with little storage. The best compromise was the TL, which had everything I wanted. Speed, looks, storage space, safety and great STANDARD features!

Great gas mileage (I average 32-35MPG at 85 MPH on the highway with 93 octane). Great stereo, with wonderful acoustics. Quick and nimble handeling, with stunning good looks and attention to detail. Everyone who has ridden in my car has given complements on the look and feel.

I'm not accustomed to the front wheel drive (all of my prevoius cars have been RWD), so when I go into a tight powered turn there is some issue of torque-steer.

AWESOME
By Ali

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Best car ever.... never seen car like this before in my life and its not realy expensive tooo...

Audio system