2006 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Better than a benz
By killajettah on 06/11/13 13:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2006 Mercedes benz c230 and had one prob after the next, engine was very noisy check engine light came on, had bad fuel press reg, and injectors, the abs stopped working, and the trans always got stuck in gear, and this car only had 40000 miles, I traded in on a 2006 acura tl, and this car tops it, it may be kinda noisy but it noo big deal, this is a great car, not as smooth as a benz, but a lower price tag, and easy to get parts on work on, get this car!!!

Love my TL!
By gtj1715 on 04/06/13 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For years, my kids heard me say "see that TL over there - THAT's the one I want". Now it's more like an unspoken "I love my car" (I bought it last summer). I love the 2004-08 body style - those before and since just don't have that same sleek, wedge look (the groove was so iconic that recent Accords copied it). All my research pointed to the 2006 being the most reliable of the bunch too. You ever get *exactly* the car you want and never, ever look back? Yeah, it's like that.

BMW-Honda-BMW-Honda-BMW-Acura
By dem3nted on 03/12/11 08:23 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've almost always have had a BMW or Honda product in my automotive stable. Most recently, I had a 1995 BMW M3. Loved the power and handling but hated the maintenance. I also leased a 2006 Honda Accord SE-V6 and owned a 2003 Accord EX-V6 with navigation. Both were very reliable and quick but handling was crappy and interior was blase'. Sheet metal seemed like aluminum foil. BMW's always seemed more solid. Recently, I purchased a 2006 Acura TL with navigation with high mileage for a paltry sum of money. I must say that it is in an entirely different league than the Honda. Quieter and better built than Honda. Really gives the BMW a great run for the money.

great car
By johnny on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have not been let down with this car fun to drive good on gass, looks great would by another one.

Safe bet
By sasha on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car has many plus features, very few negatives. However after going from a sport car to a sedan the handling leaves something to be desired. Plenty of power but could use more torque. A little noisy for a high end car. Nav system talks too much and looks very outdated(like something off an old Atari system). Sound system OK. Very spacious and comfortable inside. For the price of the car you certainly get a lot of great features, bluetooth, homelink etc..Have had absolutely no mechanical problems. Would def recommend this car.

Rampant Electrical Problems
By KC on 07/05/10 09:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Acura after an exceptional 1998 Integra. Sadly, the TL has not met expectations. The cruise control broke in 2009; the battery has died twice for no apparent reason (remote entry doesn't work w/o battery); and the hands free link broke. Of course, these issues all occurred after the warranty expired. The turning radius is atrocious. After waiting three years, we finally purchased an "update" to the Nav system for $150 only to have Acura come out with a new version 3 months later. (A little notice would have been nice.)

Other reviewers are too picky.
By Jennie on 04/07/10 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned the 2003 TL before updating to the 2006. I also worked in Service at an Acura dealership. The most common complaint is the rattling, but a conscientious technician can fix that. (My car doesn't rattle and it doesn't happen in all of them.) Depending upon your personal driving habits, you *may* go through brakes and tires. If you want a good quality, reliable vehicle, get a TL. My two 80-pound dogs don't damage the interior and neither will your kids. The TL is also mechanically sound. I've worked in Service for other brands so believe me, I'm loyal to Acura for a reason. Compare cost, features, and reliability and it's no wonder that Acura has the highest resale value.

service
By lgs on 03/13/10 16:42 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A good car. but don't get it serviced by the dealer, Acura will call you over and over to question you about the service, I called the local dealer and they could not get me off the call list. Well, if you go local don't give your phone number. Otherwise a great car, but the trunk could have better lighting, awesome sound system though.

Dependable and fun to Drive
By macura on 03/11/10 04:45 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was originally looking for a second automobile with good fuel economy. I bought this car when it was 3 years old with 25,000 miles on it. This car has exceeded all my expectations. It's agile, and, while others complain of the "heavy" steering and road noise, I love the way this car feels. It is as planted at 60mph as it is switching lanes at 80mph. I can "feel" the road surface through the steering wheel not an objectionable feeling imho and the steering response is quick and precise. All this and I regularly get 30 mpg in a well appointed, sneaky fast and RELIABLE Honda product. I made the right decision!

Great used car purchase
By AMDE on 03/01/10 09:50 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL is a great car for its price. This car made the transition from driving a sports car to a sport sedan easy. And the excellent crash test ratings make it even better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.