Used 2006 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Better than a benz
By killajettah

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2006 Mercedes benz c230 and had one prob after the next, engine was very noisy check engine light came on, had bad fuel press reg, and injectors, the abs stopped working, and the trans always got stuck in gear, and this car only had 40000 miles, I traded in on a 2006 acura tl, and this car tops it, it may be kinda noisy but it noo big deal, this is a great car, not as smooth as a benz, but a lower price tag, and easy to get parts on work on, get this car!!!

Power and performance, features, body design

Love my TL!
By gtj1715

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For years, my kids heard me say "see that TL over there - THAT's the one I want". Now it's more like an unspoken "I love my car" (I bought it last summer). I love the 2004-08 body style - those before and since just don't have that same sleek, wedge look (the groove was so iconic that recent Accords copied it). All my research pointed to the 2006 being the most reliable of the bunch too. You ever get *exactly* the car you want and never, ever look back? Yeah, it's like that.

Styling (mine is white with tan interior) "Cockpit" - legendary ergonomics and comfort Mileage really isn't too bad (it's the same as my 2004 Accord V6 EX-L at about 23mpg overall). Did I say "styling"? Handling - in typical Honda/Acura fashion - this thing goes right where you point it - no slip, no play, no wash - just "right there". Power - no, it's a Mustang GT 500 or even a new Challenger but it will get you out of a jam in a hurry (and feel as comfortable at 80+ as 55).

What's with the cassette player instead of an iPod or similar connection? (We are well past the '80s, guys.) My Accord has an "elevated" accelerator pedal (and "throttle by wire") which is much easier and comfortable to use than this bottom-hinged job. The NAV system is less-than-reliable (I know maps get out-of-date but my screen flickers all too often and no, it's not the disk...). I have read that this the most troublesome area in other reviews... Leather - especially the front - could use some improvement - mine has "muttled" prematurely in spite of as-dark-as-possible window tint. The armrest power socket lacks a slot for the cord if you want to leave your gadget *out* of the tray.

BMW-Honda-BMW-Honda-BMW-Acura
By dem3nted

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've almost always have had a BMW or Honda product in my automotive stable. Most recently, I had a 1995 BMW M3. Loved the power and handling but hated the maintenance. I also leased a 2006 Honda Accord SE-V6 and owned a 2003 Accord EX-V6 with navigation. Both were very reliable and quick but handling was crappy and interior was blase'. Sheet metal seemed like aluminum foil. BMW's always seemed more solid. Recently, I purchased a 2006 Acura TL with navigation with high mileage for a paltry sum of money. I must say that it is in an entirely different league than the Honda. Quieter and better built than Honda. Really gives the BMW a great run for the money.

Reliability, edgy styling, bang for the buck.

Better handling. That oversteer is something that keeps me thinking about a BMW in the back of my mind. Could likely need better front struts, springs and sway bar to mitigate the oversteer. Well, I guess Acura will never use the slogan of "Ultimate Driving Machine" except maybe when the NSX is considered.

great car
By johnny

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have not been let down with this car fun to drive good on gass, looks great would by another one.

the nav. is good and xm is cool to

aux jack for ipod or mp3.

Safe bet
By sasha

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car has many plus features, very few negatives. However after going from a sport car to a sedan the handling leaves something to be desired. Plenty of power but could use more torque. A little noisy for a high end car. Nav system talks too much and looks very outdated(like something off an old Atari system). Sound system OK. Very spacious and comfortable inside. For the price of the car you certainly get a lot of great features, bluetooth, homelink etc..Have had absolutely no mechanical problems. Would def recommend this car.

Good looking, great interior, nav, bluetooth, hid headlights, very spacious, powerful, RELIABLE.

Not the best gas mileage, low end torque, handling is floaty, nav is outdated looking, bad turning radius.