2006 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great Car!
By SpeedRacerGabe on 12/15/09 09:02 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my TL for about 3.5 yrs now and I still love it as much as I did when new. The most reliable car I have ever owned, great performance and with the 6-speed I just love driving through the mountain roads and winding up the engine. Fuel mileage better than I expected and have seen 38 on the hwy thanks to a couple of performance upgrades.

Perfect Blend
By Car Rob on 10/12/08 18:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love cars, but I hate when they break. My last BMW spend more time in for service than it did in my garage! This thing isn't quite as fun as a 330i, BUT IT DOES NOT BREAK! Plus, I can't complain about 31 mpg with cruise set at 80 mph! You do have to run premium if you want optimum horsepower and MPG. Go with the manual transmission and dump the stock all season tires and you can't go wrong. Couldn't justify spending two grand on a nav system when I can read maps, so I didn't order that. The upgraded Brembo brakes that come with the manual version are simply amazing, but pedal modulation could be a little easier at the top of tip in. So comfortable on any road, find some twisties and enjoy!

Money Talks
By Rob on 05/07/07 07:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Folks I've owned just about every type of import on the market, and I'm here to tell ya that there is no better value than the Acura TL. I'm one of the few people left who still prefers a clutch pedal, and Acura is more than willing to cater to me! Buying the stick doesn't make the car less expensive, but Acura hooks you up with Brembo 4 Piston brakes up front with pretty black calipers that read "Acura." DOES NOT perform like a BMW, DOES NOT ride like a Lexus, interior IS NOT as nice as an Audi, but come on, I paid $31k for this thing! Really should be rear wheel drive, then I think it could take a 3 series. Torque steer isn't bad, you get a better diff and reprogrammed software with the 6M!

Great car for the money
By Geekybiker on 03/05/07 12:25 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The Acura TL is the best blend of luxury and performance that you'll find at this price point. It has outstanding power for a sedan with a wide and very drivable powerband. It had a beautiful, well finished interior. Especially so in the two tone color combinations. The seats are very comfy and supportive enough to keep you from sliding too much during agressive driving. On top of all of this it maintains good fuel economy given its power. Only downside has been the 6 speed manual gear box which is occasionally fickle about going into 3rd on quick shifts. Though reportedly this can be dealt with by using a different gear oil. Overall I think its a top runner in a very competitive class.

Awesome Acura TL!
By Holly on 11/25/06 06:24 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've always had V6 Honda Accords, loved them all, and was ready to buy a 2006 but couldn't find a good color combination. Moved to the Acura TL based on reputation, looks, and color combinations and I'm so not sorry! It is a hot car - it looks good, has all the creature comforts, is great to drive, has more speed than I'll ever need (but love it!), and it is incredibly sturdy and safe. This car is everything awesome about an Accord, and so much more! The only sad thing is that the surround-sound stereo doesn't have much chance to perform because the music industry hasn't produced many surround-sound cds! I'd definitely recommend this car for every reason.

JJ's TL
By JJ on 10/12/06 20:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The car has been wonderful in every way. The day after purchasing it, I was driving on the interstate and I saw a sign that said, "Blueridge Parkway next right". I took it and was really amazed! The TL owned the road. It felt like a convertible with the sunroof open and the windows down, and it hugged the turns. Then I got back on the interstate and it felt like a quiet, smooth luxury car. The TL has both personalities, sports car and luxury car, and it excels at both.

Love This Car!!!
By sara on 09/23/06 10:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After much test driving of many cars we were sold on the new TL. It took us several months of looking at several different cars, but we always came back to and compared them all to the TL. This car is so much fun to drive, I find reasons to run to the store to pick up groceries! The gas mileage has been terrific, averaging about 27 miles to the gallon. We have taken trips to Indianapolis several times, and it has been a pleasure to drive. The interior space is comfortable, quiet, and spacious. Our 6'7" son rides very comfortably in the front seat, as well as the back seat. We love our new TL.

WARNING to driving enthusiasts
By enthusiast3 on 09/12/06 17:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I sure wish I had test driven this car more before buying it. I just traded in my 2006 6 speed TL with only 5,900 miles on it. This car is really nice in some ways and I possibly would have kept it if I had bought it with an automatic, but it definitely is not a "driver's" car. I really wanted to like this car, I've owned two Accords and two Integras, all of which were great cars w/manual transmissions. I went so far as to replace the stock all season tires with summer only tires and I even thought long and hard about buying the A-Spec suspension, which you can find on e-bay now. I was prepared for a little torque steer, but not for the complete lack of involvement.

Tough Decisions!? Let Me Help!
By Crocodile on 05/26/06 14:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

When I was searching for a new car, I was between a Maxima (biggest), Infiniti G35 (sportiest),Ford Fusion (cheapest) and the new TL. I did a lot of research online and as a result did a lot of "virtual kicking of the tires." My suggestion is, once you have narrowed down the field, go to the dealership and test drive the cars. When I went and looked at the Fusion, I noticed how underpowered and how poorly built it was. The Maxima is like a giant bathtub inside, with the center console miles away. The G35 coupe is fast but small, very small, with little storage. The best compromise was the TL, which had everything I wanted. Speed, looks, storage space, safety and great STANDARD features!

AWESOME
By Ali on 05/08/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Best car ever.... never seen car like this before in my life and its not realy expensive tooo...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.