Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Most Helpful|
Excellent Idea Horrible Execution
By Ed

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Review: Fell in love with this car when I bought it now I CANNOT STAND IT, all within less than 6 months! Why? Rattles, Rattles, and more Rattles Misaligned body parts, especially trunk that rubs and has paint chipped off and rust on it! Very poor water based paint used. Chips started on drive home from dealer and haven't stopped. Paint mottling (swirling on doors) uneven paint application at factory! Looks like an army camouflage vehicle under certain lights! Cheap leather on seats that has more wrinkles than a 120 year old lady's face. Wrinkle in seat within first 500 miles and it only gets worse. If you get black its gets even better! DASHBOARD FADES TO A MILKY WHITE COLOR! ALL TLs DO IT

Suggested Improvements

Customer support is horrendous, each and everything they blame on the customer. In order words, once you buy this car you are on your own! I have a friend whose seats started to wrinkle and crack and customer service told her it was because she wore jeans int he car!

Not that impressed
By It's just OK

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was not impressed with this vehicle. The seats were uncomfortable and the ride is too rough. I know it's suppose to be kind of sporty, but I also expected a more comfotable ride. It was an automatic but switched gears (on it's own) like a stick. It would sometimes idle high when I wasn't pressing on the gas. I traded it in, in 6 months. Wasn't for me.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Bluetooth & Stero sound

Suggested Improvements

Make a more comfortable seat, and ride. Auto door locks and headlights, bigger rear view mirrors. BETTER GAS MILEAGE.

Missed the mark
By David Jenks

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

AS an owner of a 2002 TL I can't begin to tell you how disapointed I am in the 2006 model. If your a big fan of chep leather, plastic and tin you will love the interior. The ride is poor the performance disapointing. When compared to the 2002.

Favorite Features

Radio

Do not be fooled
By Blazey

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Saw it in the showroom and fell in love with the style. Had to have it so I traded in my BMW. Well, I drove it about 90 miles when I became extremely uncomfortable. I turned on the heated seats to help. they took way too long to heat up and when they finally did, they turned off? Not good... The car had a thousand miles on it when it started rattling and rattling and rattling. Almost slid off the road when driving in snow. Absolutely no traction. When you hit the gas, it hesistates. The car just feels wrong. If you are a driver you'll know what I mean. I am certainly going back to BMW! Acura keeps trying but will never catch the Ultimate Driving Machine!

Favorite Features

NAV is outstanding

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, variable heated seats with real heat. Rear wheel drive or AWD to stop the torque steer. Better fit and finish. Needs a better "feel"from driver to road.

Buy the Maxima
By golfinwi

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I guess I'm the one to throw cold water on the rest... I purchased my Acura for "something different", having owned 2 Maximas (04 & 01). I want my Nissan back! Call it nit pickin', but here's my list... tires (everyone knows 25,000mi max)... lights that don't automatically come on... and don't go off when car is off... no ability to change CDs via wheel controls... terrible gas mileage... no ability to lock car while running (I live in WI for God's sakes!).. headlights are weak.... pass through is a joke.. my Maxima could accommodate 2x4's as the seats went down vs cubbyhole opening.. no compass in mirror.. cheap!.. finger pinching glove box opening.. no power st.wheel adjuster. Save $4000-Maxima!

Favorite Features

Can't think of a single one... that is sad... Ok.. maybe the bluetooth... but US Cellular won't sell me the phone (Motorola).... pushing the soon to be released (4 months now)... Nokia

Suggested Improvements

Add compass.. fix loose windows.. adjust doors so they don't swing shut every time they're opened.. do something so you can open a window a crack (yes, I smoke) on a rainy day w/o getting soaked... auto lights on/off... let me lock my car when running... give the r/v mirror some range of motion..