Great looks, poor quality
By xopher1977 on
2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
I ordered my 2005 Acura TL Navi 6MT back in November of 2004 and took it home right off the truck when it arrived. Initially I had no problems with the car, it looked great inside and out and was a huge upgrade over my 2004 Maxima which I sold a few month earlier. The performance was great and the manual transmission was a blast to drive. However no less than 3 months into my owner ship I started having problems; first I had to have an axle replaced, and things started going downhill from there. 7 years and nearly 60k miles later, there were way too many problems, including two door actuators, rattles everywhere, poor leather seat quality, and things literary falling apart on the inside
Favorite Features
After seven years, the exterior look of the 3rd generation TL looks great. One of the best looking cars in this price range regardless of year. Manual transmission was very fun to drive (when the 3rd gear didn't literally pop out). A lot of power with minimal torque steer. Good handling for a FWD.
Suggested Improvements
Very poor quality and reliability. In addition to what I listed above, I also had to have the battery replaced two times finally replacing it with an non-Acura battery. Center console retractable cover split in 5 places, magazine holder on back of front seat fell off. Cheap bulbs used in buttons around Navi screen and instrument panel. Cruise control switch on steering wheel broke and no longer stayed in when pressing it. Accelerator Pedal position sensor went bad putting me in a very dangerous situation. I'm out of space again, but I'll close with saying my first Acura will also be my last. I recently traded it in, in favor of a company that takes quality more seriously than Acura.