Best car I've ever owned, hands down.
By ScootrNC on
2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased used with 19.5 k miles, ULEV rated (were available for sale in CA and upper New England at the time). I've put about 34 k miles on it and it has performed flawlessly for the 3.5 years I've had it. No repairs, rattles or anything negative over this period. It IS tire-sensitive. Now I'm using Bridgestone Serenity series and the ride is smooth and quiet, haven't noticed any significant tire wear for 20+ k miles. It's fast and fun to drive. I am familiar with the BMWs and yes they handle well, but the TL is right up there with them IMHO. TL is a little quieter than many of BMWs (especially wind noise at speed). At 70 mph, gives about 31 mpg but I don't punch it much.
Favorite Features
External appearance...classic with NO unnecessary moves. Still looks current and I prefer it over the new Acura sheet metal. Terrific sound system and the cassette player will outperform most MP3 players with good recordings (MP3s give me a bad headache). CD is terrific. Ditto Bluetooth and Nav.
Suggested Improvements
It's LOW to the ground so getting in and out is not as easy as with some other models. But that's the trade-off for great cornering and a very stable ride - - low CG. If you get the front spoiler, watch out for curbs when parking!