2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great car, but...
By jimh615 on 06/28/07 22:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My TL is nice to drive, hampered only by seemingly constant nit-picky little problems like the auto window up stopped working, the check engine light came on, the brake rotors warped (I have the Brembo brakes), a rear seat belt was installed wrong, third gear was hard to get into (a new lubricant solved that), rear part of roof liner came loose, clutch pedal became rough and ratchety. The navigation system software (algorithms) are horrible. No matter what setting you use, it will take you all over the place before getting you there. The trip computer has a number of miles to empty; it's worthless!! When it reads 0 miles left, you can still go 70 miles on the highway and have fuel.

My first luxury car
By Suzanne on 06/24/07 22:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car since March of 2005. So far it's been a joy to drive, lots of pep and good handling. I looked at the Lexus and Infiniti but after reading reviews and comments from people who own one I chose the Acura for value, reliability and all the features that were included as standard equipment.

Disappointing
By JP41 on 06/14/07 09:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I really love the interior and exterior looks of the car but the build quality is less than stellar. My tires wore out after 20K miles, my dash is faded and looks 20 years old, leather is wearing away, and I have numerous squeaks and rattles. It is too bad because I really want to like the car and the features for the money can not be beat. However, I am angered everytime I drive it listening to the rattles in the dash, door, and steering column.

First Acura
By jnickell on 06/13/07 14:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura. I was not sold on getting a car. I'm an SUV man, but the gas prices were killing me. I didn't know what I was missing! I drive for fun now.

Tales of the TL.....
By dave k. on 05/26/07 05:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first non-GM car in 35 years. I am very pleased with the TL. It looks great, is fun to drive,and it has been problem free so far. All the gauges and controls are well-placed and easy to use. I was able to change the oil, plugs and brake pads, but more involved repairs will require a trip to the dealer. The only downside to it is the headliner and pillar post fabric is difficult to clean.

2005 Acura TL
By Lucius B. Fetner on 05/09/07 07:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Good driving car. A little stiff around town but excellent on the road.

Road Noise
By Dave on 04/19/07 16:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My wife has had 3 Acuras and been pleased with all of them but the 2005 TL. This car has too much road noise we can't hear the radio or conversations in the car. Needless to say this car is being traded in.

2005 Acura TL
By lewcash on 04/18/07 14:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive. Responsive and very reliable.

Closing the Gap
By PACA on 01/21/07 04:34 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My wife bought this car 6 weeks ago. We have been driving Acuras for 13 years. I currently own a 03 TL-S. We took the 05 on the road and wow! what a difference from my 03 Type-S. Tight gears, smooth clutch, and throaty exhaust. Torque steer is noticeable with the front drive however; cornering is superb with the Limited Slip Differential.

Acura TL 2005
By Matt Ward on 12/28/06 03:51 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for almost 2 years. This is the best car that I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, the highway mpg is excellent, and I have never had to have any service other than required maintenance.