Used 2005 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 445 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Bad experience
By Mark

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the look. I went with Acura after looking at everything from BMW to Benz. Fun to drive, great color (black with blue specks over gray) and very comfortable interior. However, it has been the most unreliable car I have owned as an adult. Numerous trips back to the dealer for mechanical issues, interior rattles like crazy, lousy roadside assistance (I've had to call them 4 times in 9 months). I will be trading it in on a Lexus or BMW as soon as I get it back from service (again).

Interior layout, seat comfort, exterior design.

Interior build quality, overall reliability.

Great Birthday Gift!
By akaprls20

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL for my birthday and have been happy ever since. After months of researching the TSX, I checked out the TL and never looked back! I purchased mine from a private owner and got a great deal! Don't be fooled by the dealers who want you to think that you get so much more buying a CPO. More money for no reason. The owner who sold the car also had an 06 TL and said the 05 drove a little faster. Apparently there was some change in that year. Oh well, my gain!

I love the NAV and the blue tooth. Having everything at my fingertips is nice. I'm still getting used to the car so I don't have any of the issues that other users have.

I do miss having seats in the rear that fold down, but that's minor.

MPG could be improved
By adhikun

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I got the car used, at 27,500 mi. Not bad for a 2005 car. Handling is very sporty, suspension is more sporty than luxurious. MPG is pretty bad - mix driving only gets me between high teens and 21mpg.

Design, leather, console.

Interior build, as it has rattles along the front driver-side door and rear of the car.

Awesome Driving Experience!
By JBM

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2005 TL w/nav, Black on Black (59k miles). I can't imagine a better driving experience. Great power/handling/fun/wow factor/super highway ride/pretty good gas mileage. Awesome body style that gets max attention--and that's before they get inside! Amazing features and luxury feel to sporty car with great driving characteristics. A little first gear handling issue under full acceleration, but nothing one can't manage easily.

NAV, voice-activated controls, steering feel, super traction on my Michelin Pilots, fun acceleration, awesome looks (I know of no other car in class that turns head like this one). Looks way better than 2009 TL.

In the sport shift mode, eliminate the auto shift from 1st to 2nd. I think this would improve 0-60 times in the 5AT. They should make Michelin Pilots as standard tires. Make wing spoiler standard equipment (awesome add-on).

118000 MILES
By Nobama

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mpg hwy averages 30. City averages 26. Replaced brake pads only once at 110,00 miles. Pads still had 50% thickness from new. Other than oil and tires that's it. May replace spark plugs soon... nah it's still running great. Tires are problematic. Came with Turanzas, got 70,000 on those but the tires were merely ok. Put Pilots on but only got about 35000 on those. Now have AMERICAN MADE goodyear eagle gt2 with the funky looking tread. These tires stick well but ride a bit more harshly than the others and I think one is slightly out of round. I can live with it. But they're cheap. Got 380000 out of my last Maxima, will see if 400,000 can be hit with the TL.

The little blue light on the headliner at night. That thing is handy.

Put a Bose back in it. This thing at full volume does not even come close. LA woman needs many decibels.