2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
still lovin' this car
By Dale Morris on 05/06/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

42k miles on this and am still enjoying it. Best car I ever owned -- a great blend of sporty-lux-value. The car is fast and quiet, well- behaved on the road, roomy enough for family of 4, fun enough to drive alone on twisties. 6 speed manual tranny is great. No manufacturing or other problems, just normal oil changes and services.

My best ride
By BWood on 05/01/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this car. I have had several sedans including Cadillac STS and Lincoln LS and this is my favorite. Very comfortable and looks so good!

love it!
By annette on 04/06/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

First time buyer and first time I've said I'd buy another one. Very comfortable for long trips and lots of gadgets!

Disappointing for a Honda/Acura product
By mark on 04/05/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was attracted to TL's sporty exterior, upscale interior, and Honda/Acura's reputation. Overall the engine, transmission, and performance are definitely above average. Like most Honda cars, the TL is fun to drive. The powerful V6 does consume much gasoline with city pattern driving. In contrary to the powertrain, I can't say the same for its fit-and-finish noise problems: windows, suspension, back seat. I had mine taken in multiple times and all the dealership could say was the TL was "built that way". Very disappointing coming from such a large company. I've even complained to Acura and no definitive fix was available.

Bitter sweet
By evanthemack on 03/21/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL is a nice car with great design and performance. The acceleration is powerful but you must get it over 4000 rpm into the VTEC range. The engine whines and the instant you hit 4000 and deap throaty growls comes out. Its hangeling is good (for a FWD). I have had a few problems with the car: seized wheel bearing, broken power window, bent rim, and rattles galore.

Good car that lacks soul
By JDRTL on 03/17/08 12:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car does everything well but is a very dull driving experience (if anyone cares about that). I do care about that and unloaded this car after two years and got a German make which is more to my liking. I really wish I would have gotten the manual transmission as the automatic is incredibly un-sporty. It is a great value as everything is standard except the navigation system (which I highly recommend). Although it was only in once for an unscheduled repair, the car was getting creaky and rattling after 30,000 miles.

Looks good
By Looks good on 02/19/08 15:58 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a SUV for this after owning BMW 3 and 5 series. I can't wait to get rid of this car. It looks good, but rattles and is very noisy. Not a fan of Japanese cars or front wheel drive. If you want looks, economy then this is for you. If you want performance go elsewhere.

Purrfect - even while being totaled....
By Fiddler on 11/15/07 23:34 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Loved this car - so much fun. The only problems were rear visibility - I scraped the rear bumper more than once and road noise. A few days ago the car was hit in the front side by a guy in an 87 Lincoln Town Car (89,000 lbs of metal) going through a red light about 30 MPH. It took off the whole front 2 feet of the car. Air bags deployed properly, the cockpit was completely protected and my sweetie, the sole occupant and driver, walked away without serious injuries. I spent a week thinking I might want a different car, just for something fun, but eventually decided (happily so) that a new 2007 Acura TL would be great. So that's what I have now.

Great car, a few rattles though
By 2005 Acura TL on 11/03/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car, with just two exceptions. The frequent rattles are quite annoying and the leather seats could be more comfortable. Other than that, the car is awesome! I've actually looked around at other cars, trying to talk myself into buying a new car, but there is nothing out there that is as appealing as the TL. I'll have this car for years and years as long as the upkeep remains minimal as it is now.

Just the basics
By nabbox on 07/25/07 20:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought an auto 05 TL w/o navigation. I like the suspension but feel the trans does not properly shift under heavy throttle. I know I should have got a 6 speed. Overall, a nice car but the G35 is better tuned for sport driving. But looks, no contest, TL all the way.