Used 2005 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 445 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Overrated
By Mike Ryan

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned 3 Acuras; all purchased new. We will not be purchasing a fourth. Tires on TL wore out after 24,000 miles. Rust on brakes had to be scraped after less than 18,000 miles, not covered by warranty. Passenger side window opens but will not always close. Acura Service tells us it will be $545 to fix. Window service is outside warranty period. There has been no damage to the vehicle that would cause the window malfunction. This is not what you would expect from a company that prides itself in building quality products.

TL Funny to drive...some quirks!
By RL22

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used...A lease turn-in. I have loved this car from the get go. I am in my mid-late 30's and it fits me like a "T". Fast, stylist and has all the amenities that I would use (wish but don't have nav). I think the car is quiet but I would agree about the some rattles. I have tried to find most and put an end to them which I have except for a couple which would entail a lot of work. I had to put new brakes on it (because it was a lease turn-in with 36M miles)and I have put about 15000 on it in 7 months. Have done nothing else with it...I owned a 2004 Accord that I put 140M on. Honda/Acura make great cars...I am looking into a used MDX for the wife.

Bluetooth is awesome, XM radio...pickup and go passing. Quiet ride...has the feel of a sports car.

Is a little soft (floating) in the rear. Would have them place controls for climate control in a different area. More Storage in truck. FIX THE RATTLES...MAKE IT TIGHTER.

The best used car...period.
By That Guy

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving my 2005 TL for a few months now and I am convinced that this is the best car I have ever owned. The exterior is slick and sporty. Interior is clean and classy. Love the leather seats. My TL came with a sport package that included factory 18" wheels and a factory body kit. It was love at first sight. I'm up to about 71K miles now and its still running strong. This car is definitely a keeper.

Exterior styling is timeless. Heated leather seats. Large touch screen navigation. Big moon-roof. Pretty much everything is great!

RWD would make this car perfect. Where do I put my pennies? There's no compartment for them. I am color blind, so red gauge needles on black background is hard to see during the day. This car drinks 91 octane gas like crazy. Some road noise on bumpy roads.

Luxury + Peformance = TL
By EverydayDriver

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up a pre-owned black Acura TL about 4 months ago. I love this car. One of the best cars I've ever owned. My TL came with an OEM body kit and 18" A-spec wheels, looks very clean and aggressive. Interior is nice and comfy. Nice aluminum and wood trim. Big touch-screen navigation is very helpful but software seems dated compared to my wife's Benz navigation. The car picks up pretty quick on the freeway. I'll be going 80 but it feels like I'm going 60. It does drink gas like crazy though. $40 of gas will last about 260 miles only. This is an overall GREAT car. You will not be disappointed.

Big touch screen navigation. Heated leather seats. OEM body kit. 18" A- Spec wheels. Bluetooth. Exterior styling.

I am color blind so red gauge needles on black background is hard to see during the day. RWD would make this car perfect. More HP couldn't hurt either. Better MPG. Lots of squeaks when driving down bumpy road. iPod connection would be nice too.

Luxury & Performance at its BEST.
By Average Joe

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My old car was an 2007 Accord Coupe EXL. It was boring. I didn't want to pay for a car I didn't like driving so I traded it for a used Acura TL. Best decision I ever made! I picked up my black TL with 60K miles on it. Yeah that's a lil high but Acuras are known to last a long time. I LOVE this car! Looks clean and sporty on the outside, nice and luxurious on the inside. Performs as good as it looks! Picks up fast off the line. My TL came with the underbody spoiler kit and 18" A-spec wheels! Looks so nice! I couldn't say no at the dealership! It has every single option available. Navi, heated seats, auto dim mirror, everything. I can't say enough about this car! Highly recommend it.

Nice big touch screen navi. OEM body kit. 18" factory A-spec wheels (check eBay, they're worth it). Exterior styling. Interior comfort. 270 HP. Wood and aluminum trim. Big moon-roof. Bluetooth. Climate control can be operated without using touch screen navi. This one's a keeper.

RWD would make this car AMAZING! Better gas mileage. More HP would be a plus! Some road noise. I hear squeaks and cracks when driving down a bumpy road. Other than that, I LOVE THIS CAR. The new TL is SUPER UGLY!!!