Used 2005 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

The best used car...period.
By That Guy

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving my 2005 TL for a few months now and I am convinced that this is the best car I have ever owned. The exterior is slick and sporty. Interior is clean and classy. Love the leather seats. My TL came with a sport package that included factory 18" wheels and a factory body kit. It was love at first sight. I'm up to about 71K miles now and its still running strong. This car is definitely a keeper.

Exterior styling is timeless. Heated leather seats. Large touch screen navigation. Big moon-roof. Pretty much everything is great!

RWD would make this car perfect. Where do I put my pennies? There's no compartment for them. I am color blind, so red gauge needles on black background is hard to see during the day. This car drinks 91 octane gas like crazy. Some road noise on bumpy roads.

Luxury + Peformance = TL
By EverydayDriver

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up a pre-owned black Acura TL about 4 months ago. I love this car. One of the best cars I've ever owned. My TL came with an OEM body kit and 18" A-spec wheels, looks very clean and aggressive. Interior is nice and comfy. Nice aluminum and wood trim. Big touch-screen navigation is very helpful but software seems dated compared to my wife's Benz navigation. The car picks up pretty quick on the freeway. I'll be going 80 but it feels like I'm going 60. It does drink gas like crazy though. $40 of gas will last about 260 miles only. This is an overall GREAT car. You will not be disappointed.

Big touch screen navigation. Heated leather seats. OEM body kit. 18" A- Spec wheels. Bluetooth. Exterior styling.

I am color blind so red gauge needles on black background is hard to see during the day. RWD would make this car perfect. More HP couldn't hurt either. Better MPG. Lots of squeaks when driving down bumpy road. iPod connection would be nice too.

Luxury & Performance at its BEST.
By Average Joe

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My old car was an 2007 Accord Coupe EXL. It was boring. I didn't want to pay for a car I didn't like driving so I traded it for a used Acura TL. Best decision I ever made! I picked up my black TL with 60K miles on it. Yeah that's a lil high but Acuras are known to last a long time. I LOVE this car! Looks clean and sporty on the outside, nice and luxurious on the inside. Performs as good as it looks! Picks up fast off the line. My TL came with the underbody spoiler kit and 18" A-spec wheels! Looks so nice! I couldn't say no at the dealership! It has every single option available. Navi, heated seats, auto dim mirror, everything. I can't say enough about this car! Highly recommend it.

Nice big touch screen navi. OEM body kit. 18" factory A-spec wheels (check eBay, they're worth it). Exterior styling. Interior comfort. 270 HP. Wood and aluminum trim. Big moon-roof. Bluetooth. Climate control can be operated without using touch screen navi. This one's a keeper.

RWD would make this car AMAZING! Better gas mileage. More HP would be a plus! Some road noise. I hear squeaks and cracks when driving down a bumpy road. Other than that, I LOVE THIS CAR. The new TL is SUPER UGLY!!!

Bad experience
By Mark

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the look. I went with Acura after looking at everything from BMW to Benz. Fun to drive, great color (black with blue specks over gray) and very comfortable interior. However, it has been the most unreliable car I have owned as an adult. Numerous trips back to the dealer for mechanical issues, interior rattles like crazy, lousy roadside assistance (I've had to call them 4 times in 9 months). I will be trading it in on a Lexus or BMW as soon as I get it back from service (again).

Interior layout, seat comfort, exterior design.

Interior build quality, overall reliability.

Great Birthday Gift!
By akaprls20

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL for my birthday and have been happy ever since. After months of researching the TSX, I checked out the TL and never looked back! I purchased mine from a private owner and got a great deal! Don't be fooled by the dealers who want you to think that you get so much more buying a CPO. More money for no reason. The owner who sold the car also had an 06 TL and said the 05 drove a little faster. Apparently there was some change in that year. Oh well, my gain!

I love the NAV and the blue tooth. Having everything at my fingertips is nice. I'm still getting used to the car so I don't have any of the issues that other users have.

I do miss having seats in the rear that fold down, but that's minor.

• SUV