2005 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Excellent Value
By Kimbal on 09/20/08 05:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Acura TL has been an excellent value in terms of reliability, solidity of chassis, fit and finish, modern design, quiet operation, power and mileage, can accelerate at any speed and has good brakes that haven't require change yet in 55K+, and everyday commuting enjoyment.

Problems
By nebbioloman on 07/27/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Simply put: The worst car experience I ever had. Brakes went @ 14,000 miles, tires @ 17,500, trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd (transmission), wiper motor replaced, 3rd set of tires, 3rd set of brakes, recalls, numerous other headaches. to many to write about. I spent more time at the dealer than work. 17 mph city/ 20 mph highway

Love those Acuras!
By Texas Driver on 07/21/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car. In fact, it is our second TL, our fourth Acura, and my daughter has now purchased her second Acura. This car is very sharp looking inside and out. On the highway, we get 33 mpg. I have not experienced any of the rattles or noise that others have noted. The ride is smooth and quiet - takes curves great. There have been no mechanical problems whatsoever. I've had the car for three years now and am definitely an Acura fan! Acura is extremely quality conscious.

Very nice!
By Brett on 07/15/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

At 3 years and over 30k miles, not a single problem, not even a bulb out. Fast, smooth, quiet, fun to drive, it gets 33 mpg at 70 mph on the highway, average is about 25 mpg. Lots of nice options, very nice looking inside and out. We have the 6 speed manual, a much different car from the auto trans ones, much quieter and smoother, as you can shift at 3000 rpm, even with lots of throttle and MOVE, while the auto trans cars want to let the motor rev up a lot (where the power is). That makes things busy and noisy compared to the manual trans cars.

Cheaper than Lexus - twice the features
By DPCarrier on 07/10/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car that after 3 years of ownership I still love. Beautiful styling, excellent fit and finish. The nav system is incredibly accurate (although I was not impressed with the upgrade DVD which cost $250 and was not much more helpful than the original one) Why did they stop making DVD Audio, the quality is phenomenal in this stereo.

3-yr leasee
By deed766 on 07/08/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had leased this vehicle. 2005 Acura TL with navigation, for 3 years. The car was very reliable, very attractive (even after 3 yrs. the car still got head turns), and the price was very affordable compared to other cars in its class. As far as pricing, you can't get any better when purchasing an Acura because this is the only make i that gives you all of most desirable add-ons in the base model. Plus if leasing, Acura has a great leasing program and gives the best natural wear and tear policies. Needless to say, I was very reluctant to hand this car over to the dealership at the end of my lease term. The only reason was due to high gas prices. Now i am looking for a better gas mileage

1st Acura was better
By Vesta28 on 06/22/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had an 02 Acura RSX before and the build quality was much better. This one has some rattles and some fit and finish issues. Road noise. Now the pros, great looks, interior design, mpg 32 freeway, 22 city, great value, fast.

This is An Awesome Car!!!
By Reni on 06/15/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My TL is fun to drive. I only buy cars made by Honda. The TL is very good on gas (26 mpg). I like the sporty style of the car. I get a lot of compliments on my TL. It drives perfect. I would not trade my TL for another car. I love it!!

Awesome first luxury car!
By Elizabeth on 05/30/08 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am so glad to be in a well-made vehicle. I am 25 and getting into my career as a commercial interior designer, so this car is still fun to drive for my age, but has the luxury that I need to take my clients around.

Excellent to Drive!!
By Mark on 05/20/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I would (and have) highly recommended this car to others. I was completely satisfied and amazed at the gas mileage on the highway. I have gotten up to 33 miles per gallon when filling up just off the highway and starting a long trip. I had my wife and I in the vehicle at the time. The form, fit and finish of my Nighthawk Black vehicle is outstanding!