Used 2005 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Lives up to reputation
By cazman

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

great car, widh it had more low end torque!

comfort+power, sound system excellent

better low end power, additional power option, available larger wheels/brakes with automatic

Love It!
By T

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little reluctant to start the car shopping process when my 10 year old car started to die on me. But once I drove the TL, I knew that I was in love. This car is so fun to drive and is it just a gorgeous automobile. I get compliments at the gas station or just in the mall parking lot. It handles well and the acceleration is powerful.

My favorite feature is the manueverability (and of course just the pure look of the car). It's simply a good looking car.

Gas mileage is not as good as I anticipated. But I guess that's the price I pay for all of the power under the hood

Best in class - hands down
By tn from sc

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My first car (10 years ago) was an Acura Integra I had for 5 years. Ever since, I've missed that Acura feel in terms of tightness, quality, drive, etc. I've only had the TL for a day, but love everything about it. It's amazing what you get for the money compared to everything else. Acura quality throughout. The Nav system is the best I've seen - perfect size screen, usability, etc. - must better than Toyota's for example. The voice activation is amazing - and again in a car that costs only in the low 30s. I can't see anything else out there that competes with this for the money.

Nav system, voice activation, interior fit/finish, Acura reliability.

I guess rear or AWD would be a good idea.

Stylish but not good
By Bruce Theus

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the TL about 8 months ago after owning a 2000 RL and was initially impressed with it's fun to drive performance. However after a few months the ride turned harsh and bone jarring, There are sometimey rattles occurring throughout the interior that can't be pin pointed and wind noise is pronounced. There is a blind spot on the drivers side that I can't seem to adjust too. At the rate that rattles are occurring I am sure that I will have to get rid of it before I reach 25m miles. While the car looks good and is fun to drive better quality can be had in a Honda Accord. Acura is on the right track but this car does not have the quality that I have been used to with Acura.

Blue tooth capability

Correct drives side blind spot, softer riding tires, DVD-Audio is good but sound system is anemic. Correct interior rattles. Body paint no better then Honda Accord.

Very Satisfied owner
By COvalle

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car. I got it for my birthday after having test driving it a few months prior and dreaming about it since. My husband and I have bought 7 cars in the last 2 years none of which were older than 2 years old and this one is by far the favorite. I love the memory seating connected to the lock clicker... The leather is butter soft. Mine is anthrocite with quartz interior. Its a computer on a great powerful engine that is comfy to ride in. Gotta love those Xenons. My husbands car came with Xenon lights also but mine are brighter! I definitely recommend this car. Other dealers would charge you thousands more for the same equipment and they dont even have touchscreens!

My navi has a name: James. He is the absolute coolest thing. Acura also has larger screens than other dealers and its also a touchscreen. very nice. It also drive so soft you dont even feel it shift!

Not any I can think of. The dual climate control takes a minute to figure out but its a great ride. Mine had 2 small issues when I got it (rear defroster didnt work and Acura emblem on front was loose) but the dealer fixed these with no issue right away.