2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
rmarctl
By rmarc on 11/13/04 10:56 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a 325 bmw to the TL. Its been the best decision I have made in a vehicle in 15 years. This TL is quick off a stop light. Very quiet. Sound system is the best on the market.

2004 TL Manual - 6 month review
By JKG on 11/12/04 08:31 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

For 2004 TL owners and potential 2005 TL owners, I encourage purchasing the Manual TL if comparing to Infinity or Lexus. I have been extremely pleased for 6 months of ownership. Handling is great with the Bridgestone tires I have switched to. Power is wonderful and is as exciting as my other car, a V-8. A few interior noises have been corrected. The local dealer, Harper Acura, is outstanding for service. The only 2 improvements will be to add 1-2 cubic feet of trunk space or one folding rear seat, and add the SH-AWD system from RL to the 2006 TL. If Acura does that, I will be purchasing a second TL for my wife.

Sharp, fast, Fun to Drive
By Todd N on 11/11/04 21:43 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 49---needed something sporty without spending a ton. Got it! Chose Black color--looks GREAT when clean! but you should plan on washing it every week with this color. I have had ZERO problems, now have 7000 miles on it! I really recommend this car to anyone. Navigational system great...would NEVER buy another car without it...

select observations
By ccartini on 11/11/04 11:09 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

slight vibration on the highway, to be checked next week; 6th acura over past 13 years, 4 of which were rl's; wonderful and dependable autos; the new tl tops them all for driving performance and fun.

amazing
By moe7 on 11/07/04 14:33 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing Car for the Price!

Another Acura
By Charles R on 11/06/04 13:52 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the Acura product since the Legend in 1986. Each one has continued their tradition of excellence. My last Acura was an RL. This is my first TL. I drove the G35, 530, and GS300 prior to the purchase just to be sure. Once again in terms of performance, ergonomics, and styling the TL won hands down. The fun to drive quotient is a definite 10. I have owned it for a week now and I am more impressed each day.

TL Review
By deucecoupe on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive! Lots of high end torque makes expressways a blast!

Sweet Ride
By SF-Frisco on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have it for two weeks. Except some tire defect which was fixed by the dealer, it has been great. The MPG really sucks though. I'm averaging 22. The technology is really great. I got an audio DVD and the sound isn't as great as one would think. The styling, interior and ride quality are very good. This is my first acura, and it has a lot of good features for the price. A great buy!

have to drive something
By millie on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

only had it for about two weeks, but it seems to be the car for me.

Excellent Sport Luxury Sedan
By Swede in DC on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Acura TL has exceeded my expectations. It has been defect free and gets reasonable gas mileage overall (26 mpg). The TL is really fun to drive even in the metro area I live in. I see no tire concerns cited by others (2004 model). Form and fit is outstanding. Easy access to internal controls on steering column and console. Sound system is first class and superior to other luxury sedans. Satellite radio is fabulous and strongly recommended. LED instrumentation outstanding day/night. The safety features were also a strong selling point. I have not wavered in my belief that this was the right car choice over the BMW 530i, Cadillac CTS, and Infiniti G35.