2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
A great car so far
By wps1964 on 11/30/04 13:38 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am thoroughly enjoying the car so far. I agree with other reviews that the Navi sometimes is way off on the commands. But the process of buying the car was painless. This car is loaded with many features and has a great engine. The only real problem I am having is finding the right Bluetooth phone provider. Verizon's phone doesn't sink up and this list on the Acura web-site is pretty small. I look forward to the safety and convenience that this feature will offer.

Great car to drive
By mxfrank on 11/29/04 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my '05 TL in Oct and have enjoyed every minute I've driven it. The acceleration will pull your head back! it's that good and very smooth. Ride is a little stiffer than I'm used to but all the sporty new cars are like that, I've driven several. The interior is very well crafted with no visible defects anywhere. Handling is very predictable and the car handles very well at high speed and curves. Gas mileage is so so but I guess if you want power on demand you have to give up something. Seating is great even back seat has plenty of leg and head room. Dealer was great to work with. I would definitely recommend this car.

My first Acura
By WdnUlik2no on 11/29/04 08:13 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After a year of going between the G35, 330 and TL, I finally decided on the TL 6-speed Navi. BMW is overpriced, and Infiniti's only true advantage is that it has better handling. I ordered the Anthracite/Ebony version and got it right off the truck. For me the 6-speed was the only way to go, it is quick, responsive, and buttery smooth. Handling is very good for a FWD car. However, there is some torque steer when accelerating hard from a stop and turning at the same time. The interior is top of the line; I love the interior lighting and also the huge and bright Navi screen. I canít wait to get my blue tooth phone to try out the TLís phone feature.

Impressed
By John K. on 11/25/04 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

AWESOME, i love the car it is incredible! Wow, thats all i can say. Purchased the vehicle in march and it has been nothing but a delight to me. I have had no problems, and all of my coworkers are jealous. I could not have asked for more, and even at an incredible price.

Great car
By rob leonard on 11/24/04 19:37 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Upper end sedan loaded with fun for less than a BMW or Mercedes. A must look for any buyer in this category.

2005 ACURA REVIEW BY MIKE SCHWAB
By michael schwab on 11/24/04 16:57 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

GREAT VEHICLE WORKMANSHIP QUALITY INSIDE & AND OUTSIDE. ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING INTERIORS IN THE CAR INDUSTRY UNDER 60K. THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM SETS THE STANDARD FOR ALL OTHERS TO BE JUDGED.

Great Car-Horrible Paint Job
By Little Rich on 11/23/04 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The title of the review says it all. This car needs to be built in Japan! The entire paint job is orange pealed and the deck lid has a sizeable foreign object under the color coat which will remain as I'm not bringing a brand new car to a body shop.

Traded 2005 TL in on a 2005 G35
By El Zaphod on 11/23/04 01:17 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Three weeks ago I bought a new 2005 Acura TL. It was beautiful inside and out but it drove badly. Torque steer, Brakes pulled, vibration in pedal and steering wheel at speed. I just traded it in on a 2005 G35. I love the G35. It drives properly. (keep in mind I have been driving a Mecedes E Class for the last ten years so my idea of properly is RWD) I find that the G35 drives a lot like my My Mercedes but it has a lot more power and is more noisy. anyway, I love the G35 so far.

My Best Acura
By Eric Kushins on 11/17/04 17:54 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Acura. Prior to my 2004 TL experience the best car I'd owned was my '93 Legend. I then drove two RL's which were well built but under powered! This TL has it all! It is comparable in quality and performance to high-end German sports sedans, and frankly exceeds some of them which cost upwards of $15K more. It is tightly built, extra responsive, and has terrific eye appeal. Acura has always rewarded owners with a lot of car for the money, however, this TL with its' big basket of technology is far and away the winner in this catagory. And the 2005 RL appears to be taking us to an even higher level.

1 Week Review
By Airmobile on 11/13/04 15:45 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was fortunate to be able to purchase my TL thru my sister which works at Honda Corporate so I got a good deal. The car has plenty of power but does not have a plush ride like the Accord due to the sporty suspension and the low profile tires mounted on 17" rims. The seats are wonderful as is the seating position given that I weigh 235 lbs and stand at 6' tall. The leg room in the back is not as good as the Accord and was pretty tight with my 6'3" sitting in the back. I can't wait to cruise to Vegas! If you're debating between an Accord or the TL, the Accord will appeal to your logical side but the TL will definitely please your senses.