Used 2005 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

So Far, Mostly Good
By JG Lewis

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My wife did the research on several cars in this class and decided this was the one. I had not even considered an Acura, and assumed she would select a BMW 325. The navigation system was a must have, and I admit it has been well worth the money. We traveled out of state weekend after we bought the car, typed in the location, and although it told us "we were no longer on a digitized road" (or something like that) directed us to our location. Performance is excellent. We have had trouble twice with electrical problems. The outside air temperature indication fails, followed buy "quirky" electrical issues. The dealer has resolved the issues. Look at an Acura, she already wants the SUV.

Looks are great, as is the performance. Plenty of room in the back seats.

This puppy needs day time running lights and auto headlights. She picked the light gray which is hard to see early morning.

Great Car!
By Steve

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first time I actually test drove a variety of cars in the same class. Some I liked and some I didn't but in the end we chose the TL and have not regreted it a bit. We now have 29000 miles on it and it has been great! Power is great along wioth good mileage. The Dealer has also treated us well and gave us a better then fair price for it to. It does have a bit of torque steer at times and is going through tires alittle faster the I would like but I can't say that's not part of our fault. the Navigation system is very good along with the XM and DVD audio when you can find a good one to put in. A great car that gets my wife and two boys where they want to go safe a Fast.

Style, Handling, Navigation, Seats

Tire Wear

Great Car, But The Build Quality Killed
By ecb

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The pros of this car are very obvious... 1. Very fast and responsive engine. Fun to drive. 2. The navigation system is the best on the market, by far. Also, the voice integration and bluetooth capability works perfectly. 3. The list of standard features are more than any other vehicle under $40K The cons are the following: 1. The build quality was horrible. I had numerious interior rattles. From the centre compartment, to something in the upper left corner of the dash, to another by the right front door ... they drove me crazy. Also, the interior quality was not good for a luxury car. The aluminum scratches easily and just looked cheap 2. The dealer installed tires bad

Navigation System, Bluetooth, Voice Control.

Better build quaality. In the end, I could not shake the feeling that I was driving a cheaply made car, so I traded it in after 6 months. On the plus side, Acura's retain their value so well that I the car was worth more than what I owed ... even after 6 months

Best choice on cars ever made
By Brian in WA

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With some apprehension I handed over the money to purchase this. It was the most I'd ever spent for a car. It performs great around corners and in a panic stop the other day the brakes and antilock combination saved a hit with the car in front. I get many comments from lookers with the blue exterior & tan leather interior, a European look I at first did not like. But sometimes being different is a good thing. Power... plenty to get you out of a tight spot. Was almost going to get a BMW 330 but this offered more bang for the buck and maintenance will not require you go to the bank for a loan to fix something.

Audio system is superb as is the suspension.

Turning radius stinks. My Tahoe was tighter. Visability is compromised with the large front headrests, can't turn to see over your left shoulder. Difficult looking to the right. Mirrors (added parabolics) are your only eyes. Freeway road noise is louder than my Toyota Tundra.

Love my TL Elegant & Sporty
By garymbachap

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. I love the navigation and the voice control. Mine is a sporty and elegant Desert Mist Metallic with the Parchment interior. This is one of the most unique color combinations. The entire family loves the comfort, styling and power it has. It is the best value out there.

Navigation and Voice Control