Used 2005 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great Car
By Brandt

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this is a great car. Fun to drive, powerful, plenty of standard features and excellent design inside and out. I fell in love with this car the first time I passed one on the road. After lusting 1 1/2 years I finally made my purchase. A pleasure to drive.

Bluetooth, Navigation, DVD-A surround sound.

Rattles. Havent had a ton but the few I have had drove me nutty until they were addressed. Drivers seat not as comfortable as I would like. I understand the sporty look but the padding on the seat bottom is thin. Overall I would make my purchase again with no hesitation.

Little Rock
By Lee

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

very reliable, comfortable and fun to drive

6 cyl performance

driver compartment seating angle to steering wheel

Plain Old TL?
By Goldfinger

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely Not.. This car's got enough fun power to make you feel 18 again. And you do... if you use the manual shift. Only improvement needed: Stiffer shock absorbers to handle high speeds.

Style and power.

Suspension.

Acuras are the base car made
By Dubuc

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owed this TL since the first one came out in 2004 and that is one of the best car I have ever driven.

The Navigation system is worth every penny but the sound system needs a little more noise but at the same time it is great.

Well cornering is not like my Toyota Supra but could be upgrated in the next TL version.

BMW-like for far less
By Robert G NYC

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Sporty, luxurious with all the buzzers, lights and bells. Powerful and fun to drive. Everyone who has ridden in it is amazed and impressed - even BMW owners. Performance is lively, a nice cross between Lexus luxury and BMW nimbleness. If possible, GET THE MANUAL transmission--more fun! Get it with Navigation; the Bluetooth technology is outstanding. The navigation system is far better than OnStar (and no monthly fee!). NEVER GET LOST AGAIN! You'll feel safe and you'll drive in confidence and comfort wherever you go. Surround sound system is impressive; voice control is fun and at times, quite useful. Nice sized trunk; surprisingly good highway mileage (6M).

The list is long: agile handling; very quick acceleration. Outstanding sound system; navi system well developed. Bluetooth (wireless to your cell phone) means SAFE cell phone usage. Very comfy seats, roomy back seat. Fun to drive with 6M (stick shift) trans. Great dash, well laid out.

8-way power passenger seat (vs 4-way); no seatback heater for front seat passenger; door gaskets squeak after 10K miles; (dealer to apply a chemical for fix). Tach/speedo much brighter than other displays at night (esp. buttons). Fog lights should work also with parking lights, please!