2005 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
The Intelligent BMW
By Mo on 12/09/04 19:21 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a truly awe-inspiring vehicle. It is a mobile testimony to the ability of mankind to refine the daily commute to a work of artestry. Prior to our purchase of the TL, we gave consideration to the G35, BMW 3-Series, and Lexus ES 330. The TL's larger size, long list of standard features, and reliability factor won out.

Ownership
By Heislen on 12/08/04 13:23 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car Since 04/04, with no real problems.

Better than...
By RKent on 12/07/04 12:09 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the TL as a family car, but it generally logs only 5miles/day. Currently at 2400 miles after 4 months. Recently took it to New England (from NJ) and loved it. FWD, yes, but unless you make sharp, accelerating turns you're OK. Plenty of rear leg room for teens and 'normal' adults, and firm, comfortable seats made the 235 trip easy for everyone. 80mph is a quiet and safe as 60, and while you could feel the bumps of the Cross Bronx Expy, the car steered straight and there were no surprizes.

Best in show!
By nclaw on 12/06/04 16:30 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

fantastic car! I like it more today than the day that I bought it.

2005 Acura TL 6M
By JIMBOS TL on 12/04/04 20:33 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just took delivery of the 05 TL last week. This is my 3rd tank fill-up so far and love it more and more. The 6M tranny with the short throw shifter shifts crisply and smoothly. I traded my 03 Type-S for this car. It rides and corners like a champ! Engine turns 2k at 80 mph. Good power at any speed, better fuel economy with the 6M than my previous 5AT. I dont know how the brembo brakes will last compare to the stock brakes on my previous TL. The stereo system is better than my last one. I'm new to the navigational system, so I don't have any comment on that. This is my 3rd Acura and it won't be my last, you can't beat Honda's reliability (unless compared with the Lexus). That's it.

2004 TL
By RickRson on 12/04/04 11:25 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is exciting every time I get in it. I've had no problems, but have a curious situation. The fuel tank claims to be over 17 gallons, but even when running on empty I have never been able to put more than 13 gallons in without the automatic cut-off kicking in and then I can only get more gas - up to 3 gallons or so - into the tank in short bursts. This is a pain. The dealer finds no problem.

A lot of car for price tag it sells for
By FSU Nole on 12/01/04 21:39 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A great car for the price it sells for. Looked at other cars in same category, G35, IS, and others. No other car compares with the features and cost benefit of the TL. A fun car to drive that has some power behind it as well. Inside design is great and very comfortable, XM satellite makes long trips feel short.

The Great Surprise
By bblack on 12/01/04 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the price I paid for this car with automatic transmission and navigation package, it's been a perfect combination of sporty performance, comfort and reliability. The sound system is absolutely first rate and the vehicle multi-information display is superb. So far this has been a GEM of a car.

WOW!
By Athlete21 on 12/01/04 17:11 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Just awesome! A little bit different than my 2002 corolla, haha.

what a car
By Slavka on 11/30/04 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I had it for three weeks now. What a fun drive. I love the stick shift. I test drove their automatic and it just doesn't feel the same. Navigation is great. Free trial of XM is really making me think that I should subscribe. Bluetooth is really helpful when driving stick. Voice recognition didn't work well at first, but then I learned how to speak so "she" will understand me. Just came back from autoshow, and (not comparing to those exotic cars or anything higher then $50K) this is best designed vehicle on the market right now, both exterior and interior (IMHO)