2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Hond has lost it's way
By Very Unhappy on 01/20/06 15:53 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The exterior paint job on this car is HORRIBLE. You will have to repair paint chips as soon as you exit the dealer. For 30k + you have got to be kidding me. I really LOVE most eberything else My biggest gripe at this point is the poor paint job that results in scratches from the simple everyday driving, but then I only have 4000 miles on it. So I guess it will get worse with the noises and stuff, like everyone else. I will trade this in for a nissan as soon as I pay off the note. What is the most imortant aspect of a vehicle (how it LOOKS) that's one of the biggest reasons we choose the car we choose.

Horrible Paint Quailty
By Unhappy on 01/20/06 11:30 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I drove a Blk 93 5spd Vigor GS 4 8 yrs 225k mls, That car was an absolute DREAM. I then got a Blk 97 TL 2.5 auto (was OK, but no Vigor),I was extremely board with the Auto, so I test drove the 05 TL 5speed n fell in love (So expensive though)But I got it anyway. I have 3700 miles on the 05 TL, the majority are highway. I have no rattle trouble or any other issues 2 complain about OTHER than the paint job. I have so many chips on the front of the car for such a short period of time (Hood and Bumper)already Its disgusting. Im lost at this point and I think I'm going 2 bite the bullet and take loss(4 to 5k)on the vehicle before it gets any worse for me. THE paint JOB is simply horrible.

TL Silences Tough Critic
By Don Klein on 01/16/06 08:39 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After dozens of new car purchaces, my wife and I have finally found a car that we can totally agree on. She always bases her decision on looks and features, while mine is on the mechanical and reliability factors. Our new TL covers all bases on both sides. The looks and features alone sell the car, but the quality of the engineering on this vehicle is unsurpassed by any other vehicle at any price. The TL drives like a Vette, while being as comfortable as a luxury sedan. Fit and finish are impeccable. Three hour trips to the lake seem much shorter now. Performance is incredible, gas milage is good and we still get looks on the road. 20,000 miles. Great job, guys.

Unbelievable Value
By James on 11/30/05 19:06 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I spent considerable time researching various models including the A4, Infiniti G35, Volvo S60, and of course the TL. The majority of the competitors simply couldn't match the options and the drive of the TL. It's interior is more comfortable than most furniture and it's a stunning vehicle to look at on the outside. In order for the A4 and the G35 to match the options another 5-10 thousand dollars is required and still neither holds the quality name recognition of Honda. The manual transmission is blast to drive, so much so it's difficult not to blow by traffic when the chance presents itself.

BetterthanBMWreliabilty
By domingo Martine on 11/18/05 22:17 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is an absolute beauty. I test drove it 5 times (manual transmission) and simply could not it off my mind. My acura is reliable, a real beauty-> almost feels Italian, very fasssst and the 6spd is simply out of this world... so what if you have a bit of torque steer...Take this baby out for a spinnn, double clutch 5-> 3rd, not a single complaint.

nice for a Japanese car!
By Brett on 11/08/05 15:19 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The TL is nice, needs rain sensing wipers and auto headlights. Very fun to drive, quiet and smooth, good gas mileage, wonderful 6 speed manual transmission, comfortable, neeeds work on the trip computer display and the radio display, why not make them so you can see more than one thing at once? You can only get the radio to display one thing at once? Why not always have the channel number up there when in XM, along with at least one of he other things like the station name, song title, artist, etc. The engine transmission is best, loads of power, good handling, space inside the car is very good!

Best Car I've Ever Owned (so far)
By Bruce on 10/03/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I went to buy a BMW 330, but found it cramped inside, with the rear seats uncomfortable. A friend told me about Acura. I would NEVER have considered this car, as Acura was not on my radar. I drove it, and bought one off the showroom floor. Boy am I happy. Where can you buy a car like this with all the standard equipment at this price. FORGET BMW

Zippy Class
By esther on 09/30/05 22:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd TL I've owned. It is elegant yet young in appeal, smooth, zippy on the highway, well appointed and very satisfying to drive. I just wish it were a hybrid, now!

TL Review
By JR on 09/23/05 22:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is a beautiful car both inside and outside. It has excellent acceleration. It is very smooth and quiet at high speeds. However, the car does not feel stable in hard cornering. The workmanship on the headliner is very poor. Mine started to come apart after only 1500 miles. Was originally attached with double side sticky tape until the dealer installed screws to keep it from falling. Car wonders from left to right even on fairly level pavement. Dealer blames the problem on el42 tires. They changed to another set of el42 but the problem continued. The clutch took a little getting used to, initially. The top of the dash began to fade real bad. Originally, I thought it was dust but it isn't

No compromises
By Michael Doddy on 08/21/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I can find very few compromises. The sound system is wonderful but I also enjoy listening to the engine and focusing entirely on the car's incredible performance. The fit and finish are typical Honda and above reproach. The fact that I could afford this masterpiece is the really unbelievable feature offered by Acura.