Used 2005 Acura TL 3.2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Hond has lost it's way
By Very Unhappy

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The exterior paint job on this car is HORRIBLE. You will have to repair paint chips as soon as you exit the dealer. For 30k + you have got to be kidding me. I really LOVE most eberything else My biggest gripe at this point is the poor paint job that results in scratches from the simple everyday driving, but then I only have 4000 miles on it. So I guess it will get worse with the noises and stuff, like everyone else. I will trade this in for a nissan as soon as I pay off the note. What is the most imortant aspect of a vehicle (how it LOOKS) that's one of the biggest reasons we choose the car we choose.

The performance is outstanding, but what good is it if you don't want to drive the car because of the way it looks.

Better paint job is a must, I never but another Honda vehicle until I can verify the quality of the paint job

Horrible Paint Quailty
By Unhappy

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I drove a Blk 93 5spd Vigor GS 4 8 yrs 225k mls, That car was an absolute DREAM. I then got a Blk 97 TL 2.5 auto (was OK, but no Vigor),I was extremely board with the Auto, so I test drove the 05 TL 5speed n fell in love (So expensive though)But I got it anyway. I have 3700 miles on the 05 TL, the majority are highway. I have no rattle trouble or any other issues 2 complain about OTHER than the paint job. I have so many chips on the front of the car for such a short period of time (Hood and Bumper)already Its disgusting. Im lost at this point and I think I'm going 2 bite the bullet and take loss(4 to 5k)on the vehicle before it gets any worse for me. THE paint JOB is simply horrible.

Great Features included in the price of the vehicle

They need to have at least a decent paint job for a vehicle that costs $30K???????????

TL Silences Tough Critic
By Don Klein

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After dozens of new car purchaces, my wife and I have finally found a car that we can totally agree on. She always bases her decision on looks and features, while mine is on the mechanical and reliability factors. Our new TL covers all bases on both sides. The looks and features alone sell the car, but the quality of the engineering on this vehicle is unsurpassed by any other vehicle at any price. The TL drives like a Vette, while being as comfortable as a luxury sedan. Fit and finish are impeccable. Three hour trips to the lake seem much shorter now. Performance is incredible, gas milage is good and we still get looks on the road. 20,000 miles. Great job, guys.

Performance, comfort, reliability

Offer a Batmobile shield option to keep people away from it when it is parked in public.

Unbelievable Value
By James

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I spent considerable time researching various models including the A4, Infiniti G35, Volvo S60, and of course the TL. The majority of the competitors simply couldn't match the options and the drive of the TL. It's interior is more comfortable than most furniture and it's a stunning vehicle to look at on the outside. In order for the A4 and the G35 to match the options another 5-10 thousand dollars is required and still neither holds the quality name recognition of Honda. The manual transmission is blast to drive, so much so it's difficult not to blow by traffic when the chance presents itself.

The most impressive features are the bluetooth technology for hands-free phone use and the stereo system is phenomenal.

If at all possible it'd be great to provide the same power and mileage without requiring premium gasoline.

BetterthanBMWreliabilty
By domingo Martine

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is an absolute beauty. I test drove it 5 times (manual transmission) and simply could not it off my mind. My acura is reliable, a real beauty-> almost feels Italian, very fasssst and the 6spd is simply out of this world... so what if you have a bit of torque steer...Take this baby out for a spinnn, double clutch 5-> 3rd, not a single complaint.

Very cheap to operate despite 3.2L/270HP (6 Spd manual). Beautiful interior, great CD/DVD incredible souond system CD/and when I'm lost, my Navi replies to each request I make, helping me find my way.

Better visibility, and lower shoulders, you really have to use your mirrors.