2004 Acura TL Consumer Review: TL Review

2004 Acura TL - Consumer Review

3.2 Sedan (3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic)

TL Review
By Bearsbar on

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Best ride I have owned so far. The car is rock solid. I have had the car for 6 months now. My 6 spd manual has excellent response and sings like a muscle car. I would buy another manual TL in a heartbeat. Pros: handling and performance. Ubiquitous Honda quality. Comes with almost every option needed. Bluetooth phone system never ceases to amaze passengers. Cons: has a bit of torque steer if you play hardball with the throttle. Seats are aerated leather and reasonably comfortable but not up to the feel of the “grab you and hold you“ laterally supported buckets found in the German entries. It doesn't hold it's value like the Audi which makes a used 2004 TL an absolute steal.

Details highlighted in review above. Styling is awesome. Hope they never change it. I have gotten almost 30 mpg on I-80 in PA. Could add another 2 mpg in Ohio and I am not a slow driver. Although Acura does not tout it, drinks in the cup holder actually get colder as you drive with AC on.

Need a 6 spd manual AWD version of the TL with driver controlled power distribution like the WRX. Needs Bimmer 5 series Sport Package seats. Memory seats could be better (lose mem). However there may be a problem with just my car as I noticed an Acura TSB for memory seats on the Edmunds website.