2004 Acura TL Consumer Review: This is a fantastic automobile

2004 Acura TL - Consumer Review

3.2 Sedan (3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic)

This is a fantastic automobile!
By acurafan15 on

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Words cannot express how fond I am of this car; I have been in love with my TL ever since I first drove it. It just surpassed 181,000 miles, and I have enjoyed every single moment. Soon this car will be 10 years old, but it still manages to fetch compliments and stares daily. I have friends, family, and co-workers who don't believe the mileage. It has held up perfectly (paint, interior, mechanically) and even mechanics/Acura service centers find the mileage hard to believe. There is a reason that so many of these cars are still on the road, they are perfect! I love whenever someone complains about the maintenace cost/price tag of their car (BMW, etc.) and I never have anything to say.

The interior is extremely quiet and comfortable for a car with 270 HP. It handles on rails, and this car is very powerful! Quiet and comfortable when you need it, but exhilarating when you want to have some fun. Classy looks and charisma Value The design is elegant and still looks great after almost 10 years of being on the road. The maintenance/repair costs are high, but I never have to replace anything. It has held up very well. It has so many standard features (Xenon headlamps, Bluetooth, XM radio) and was so ahead of its time. In fact, this was the first car to have Bluetooth. I get around 24 MPG average (on premium), but I have surpassed 35 MPG on long highway trips.

My only complaint is that the cup holders are right in front of the shifter. If I have a drink in there and want to use the steptronic feature, it can be a little difficult. There really isn't anywhere else that they could have been placed though, so the complaint is miniscule.