Nothin' But 5 Stars...Except
By steveet on
2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
There haven't been many cars in my lifetime that make me smile when I sit in the driver's seat, but this little Acura TL makes it happen every time. It's a kick to drive with the auto/manuel tranny. I'm the original owner with 89000 I have to say this ride is still pretty tight. I keep good rubber on it at all times so handling and cornering is very good. The down sides? If the battery goes dead, which it will w/o warning as has happened 3 times, Acura neglected to put in a chip backup for things list your Bluetooth phonebook! Bluetooth mic is on the low to poor scale - Had to mark it down for that. Torque steer - yep, only if you mash it from a dead stop. Overall, Best car I've ever owned.
Favorite Features
The Navigation is pretty sweet as is the upgraded sound system. The thing handles like a little racing go-kart, but with a ton of refinement. I like to styling of these years - needless to say the snarky unloved nose of the last version almost killed off sales of this once awesome car.
Suggested Improvements
Integrate Google Earth with Navigation - the DVD based system is costly to upgrade and the updates haven't really added much. Upgrade the voice command recognition and search fundtions. The updated TL's have been made larger with more power and better nav. - drove a 2010 and it was a huge difference.