Used 2004 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 747 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Outstanding
By DeskJocky

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car with a good blend of fun and practical. I just can't believe that the TSX beats it in these Consumer ratings! My 2004 TL beats every TSX I've been in (including 2008) in every way except one: the exterior styling on the TSX is way better. The TL needs cosmetic surgery, but it's a fantastic ride.

Interior design. Nav. Bluetooth phone. Blue gauges.

Original tires, fold-down rear seat, automatic headlights. I get a load of torque-steer with my 6MT when driving hard Smiley "V" grill needs an upgrade

Excess tire wear
By Goodcar

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

4 years and I am still pleased with the car. the "bumps along the way" - went through a set of Avon tires in 12K miles. Complained to the dealer and the parts manager was able to diagnose that there was a suspension recall (the bump stops) that may cause the excess tire wear. They comped two tires, did the recall and so far so good. We'll see in about 20K miles!

Navi, 22 mpg on commute (could be better but, hey 258 bhp\) fun to drive. Overall value.

Better communication about recall issues - should ask at each service!

My Acura TL has been Great!
By MEB

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle over 3 years ago and have put over 60,000 trouble free miles on it. I had minimal problems and the vehicle is fun to drive. I plan on keeping the car for several more years. The color combination with pearl outside still turns heads! It has been by far the best vehicle I have ever owned!

Bluetooth; navigation system; and XM radio. In addition, I still love the general styling of the vehicle, both inside and outside.

I am not on my third set of tires. I wish there was an option to further improve the overall tire mileage. In addition, the wheels scratch easily.

Great Experience
By Todd A.

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used two years ago, so was a little concerned with hidden problems. No problems whatsoever. Still a head turner, even for a four+ year old car. Styling is excellent, inside and out. Interior layout is great. Not too bad on gas -- 21 in town and 26 on highway. Decided to take the plunge and switched to regular unleaded a few months ago and haven't noticed any negative effects. Lots of features and styling for the money; would buy one again. Acura seems to have hit a wide market here. Teenagers to grannies love this car.

navigation, dash layout, sleek exterior, easy handling.

tall head rests cause a little bit of a blind spot, leather could be a little better quality, paint has a few very small bubbles.

Great Car!!
By Chrisana33

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had two Acuras now and have no regrets! I get awesome mpg (25-29) per tank. The comfort of this vehicle is amazing. The car is very easy to handle and great on curvy roads. I have the anthracite gray which is very easy to keep clean! :) I have no problems with this TL or my previous '01 3.2 CL. I put 180K miles on my CL and currently have 72K on my TL. Both vehicles run excellent and I have absolutely no complaints to say about my choices!

The touch screen navi, handsfree link, voice recognition, driver memory, great ELS system, very fast engine! It's ALL good!

60/40 rear seat, rear wheel drive or all wheel...