2004 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Love my TL - Best Value
By Rbertj on 07/19/06 08:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a new 2004 TL, black with beige interior, 6 speed, no navi. I have 18K on it now. I drive it daily on my commute into Washington, DC from the VA suburbs. That's a hard drive. I have had no problems. The car still looks great and I still get comments on it. The tires have worn but that is to be expected on these kinds of tires. I haven't yet replaced them - hoping to get to 20k before buying a new set. I rotated them every 8k and that seems to have extended them longer than other TL owners have reported. Although I usually don't push the car through lots of hard turns very often either.

So many problems
By Ken B on 07/06/06 18:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Really liked this car. Still do. However, I can't keep it aligned. My commute is a wrestling match to keep it on the road. Just hit 22,000 miles. Aligned it FOUR times at the dealership. Just had to replace the tires - at 21K MILES! Crazy. Brakes are shot now. Acura service in Cockeysville Maryland (Baltimore) has been HORRIBLE. Owned a Toyota. Was always pleasantly surprised by their sercice. Acura's is always a let down and a hassle. The car looks good and aside from a few rattles (that you'd expect in a Chrysler K Car) and the tire alignment issue, it's a nice machine.

Excellent
By rick on 07/01/06 18:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great and looks great with all the ground effects and short wing installed. the only problem is the dash looks faded.

RELIABLE FUN
By Mt T on 07/01/06 15:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is one of the finest cars I have owned. Having been a Lexus and Infinity owner, this cars stands along them in quality, ride, and enjoyment.

Could be better
By L on 06/14/06 14:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great looking car from the outside and inside... Great luxury features and very enjoyable for a test drive but with issues when you have it long term. Minor rattles, not very comfortable seats (and not good quality leather as it had on the previous model years), and very heavy doors (with not enough "spring" to help you open it). But mainly HORRIBLE turning ration - have to make a 3 way U-turn every time instead of a regular one. Sold it - got 325i instead! :)

Accura's problems
By steve.ledbetter on 06/13/06 13:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is unstable in rain and snow due to poor quality tires. Further, the dealership ignores, or does not acknowledge problems with this automobile. At 15,000 miles the tires are severely worn, as acknowledged by at least one accura mechanic. Alignment is a constant issue, with consequent uneven tread wear, however the dealership refuses to acknowledge this problem

Who needs a Benz ?
By Dave on 06/10/06 10:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Benz guy for a long time but my last one gave me alot of pain. so I said I'll try some else. little did I know that I would fall in love with a Acura TL, it is a little small but you get use to it. It handles like a dream.

Acura's Real Deal
By Yummer1 on 05/21/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A car that handles well in all weather and looks great doing it, the TL by Acura is also a real deal. With amenities previously found on cars $5,000 higher, the TL combines a sporty look and feel with ample luxury.

Nice design - horrible build quality
By hammer on 05/09/06 09:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car developed numerous rattles and noises which the dealer couldn't solve. Eventually after many attempts, sued Honda under the lemon law in California and won a small settlement after mediation - still waiting for payment from them after over 3 months!! So, after 3 Acuras and 1 Honda, goodbye American Honda!!

Cruises best at 80mph
By Stephen Campbell on 05/03/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL is an excellent performing vehicle with comfort supported by quick handling. I get 29-30MPG on the highway at about 80mph, which is its optimal cruising speed. Bluetooth hands free phone system is also great, except when calling out utilizing the internal phone pedals. Voice activation is not as good as one would expect from an Acura.