Used 2004 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

My Acura TL has been Great!
By MEB

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle over 3 years ago and have put over 60,000 trouble free miles on it. I had minimal problems and the vehicle is fun to drive. I plan on keeping the car for several more years. The color combination with pearl outside still turns heads! It has been by far the best vehicle I have ever owned!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth; navigation system; and XM radio. In addition, I still love the general styling of the vehicle, both inside and outside.

Suggested Improvements

I am not on my third set of tires. I wish there was an option to further improve the overall tire mileage. In addition, the wheels scratch easily.

Great Experience
By Todd A.

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used two years ago, so was a little concerned with hidden problems. No problems whatsoever. Still a head turner, even for a four+ year old car. Styling is excellent, inside and out. Interior layout is great. Not too bad on gas -- 21 in town and 26 on highway. Decided to take the plunge and switched to regular unleaded a few months ago and haven't noticed any negative effects. Lots of features and styling for the money; would buy one again. Acura seems to have hit a wide market here. Teenagers to grannies love this car.

Favorite Features

navigation, dash layout, sleek exterior, easy handling.

Suggested Improvements

tall head rests cause a little bit of a blind spot, leather could be a little better quality, paint has a few very small bubbles.

Great Car!!
By Chrisana33

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had two Acuras now and have no regrets! I get awesome mpg (25-29) per tank. The comfort of this vehicle is amazing. The car is very easy to handle and great on curvy roads. I have the anthracite gray which is very easy to keep clean! :) I have no problems with this TL or my previous '01 3.2 CL. I put 180K miles on my CL and currently have 72K on my TL. Both vehicles run excellent and I have absolutely no complaints to say about my choices!

Favorite Features

The touch screen navi, handsfree link, voice recognition, driver memory, great ELS system, very fast engine! It's ALL good!

Suggested Improvements

60/40 rear seat, rear wheel drive or all wheel...

First Acura and pleased so far.
By dhott

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this TL recently for my wife's primary car and are very pleased with it. It's a great looking and very solid feeling car. The interior looks like new except for the metal trim pieces everyone seems to complain about that are nicked and dinged. Also climate and radio display face is pitted and shows it bad in the sun. The car has great power and gets 30+ mpg on freeway. The car has 67570 miles and I haven't noticed any rattles or problems yet but it is still new to us. The seats look new. I bought it because I like the features and Honda quality plus it came certified with manufacturers warranty. Manual shift auto is useless though, I just leave it in drive.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, dual climate controls, HID lights, power. Great sounding stereo with CDs, radio, even tapes if you can find one. XM is blah.

Suggested Improvements

XM sound quality, Metal interior trim is cheap, Drop the tape deck... I haven't owned a tape in 15 years. Nicer wheels, polished instead of painted.

Second only to my '01 S2000
By TimTheFoolMan

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a car for my wife, coming from an '03 Mountaineer. My best friend (certifiable performance guy) asked, "How did you talk your wife into getting this?" I didn't have to. She drove one and loved it right away. Prior to this car, my favorite sedan was a '97 Maxima. Having taken this on a short trip and driven it around town a fair amount, I'm no longer comparing other sedans to the Maxima; I compare them to the TL. The compromise of FWD will put off some performance enthusiasts, but the added space was worth it for me. Given the power, I'm surprised how well this FWD design works, and how little torque steer is present. I can't imagine one car that would appeal more to the two of us.

Favorite Features

The combination of ride quality, power, and economy. 30 MPG is achievable on cruise at 75 MPH. The balance is great on winding roads, with minimal reminders of FWD. Best factory stereo I've used. Very quiet at speed, making for easy conversation on the road.

Suggested Improvements

The factory stereo could use iPod integration (probably available on newer models). More wind noise from the mirrors than I would like, but this is audible because the rest of the car is so dang quiet.