Used 2004 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Acura Hits A Homerun
By Kenny's Dream Car

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Acura put everything in one neat package and at an affordable price. I was looking for a 2 door car. I was not crazy about the look of the CL (too bland). I was hoping they made it more sporty looking for 2004, only to find out it was no longer being made. I noticed the 2004 TL on the internet and instantly fell for it. Not only did it look good and was loaded for the price, but it also came in a stick shift. I did my research, compared it to BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, etc, and decided I was getting the most for my money along with Acura reliability.

Power is unbelievable. Good looking, classy, sporty. No options except for navigation. Makes life so much easier.

A little jumpy on rough roads. Torque steer noticeable. With current gas prices maybe it can be engineered to run OK on regular gas.

Front End Vibration
By Runner78

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My overall experience with this vehicle would be rated great if not for one major flaw that Acura has stated that they will not correct. There is a severe front end vibration when first driving the vehicle after sitting all night that disappears after about 5 minutes of driving. Acura replaced the tires, but that did not fix the problem. Was told by the dealer to contact customer service who has stated they will do nothing more to try to correct the problem. So much for Acura's supposedly superior customer service.

Comfort, performance, radio, quietness

Eliminate front end vibration problem.

smooth ride
By jamminlos

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

a smooth ride with great kick when you need it.

the 5.1 surround sound system.

none

Blown Away
By steve_boris

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the TL for over a month now and I love it. The thrill of being able to maneuver on highways without worrying about whether the car has enough power and the way the TL handles turns at high speeds with such ease continues to awe me everyday. This is simply the best car in its class for your hard earned dollars.

Many typical options come standard with this vehicle. Simply awesome.

Only three things: 1) Better compartment for sunglasses, 2) Larger tank capacity (can't go 300+ miles in one tank, and 3) Better turning ratios for U-turns.

BMW Slayer
By BrianD

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the BMW 325i, 330i, Infiniti G35 sedan and coupe, Maxima 2004, Camry, Honda Accord, Lexus IS300, and this car slayed them all. Awesome acceleration, gorgeous interior.. by far the best i've seen in a car under 40k, awesome look, and the best sound system I've heard in a car... ever. Fully loaded from the start, can you really pass this up for some of these wastes of money?

DVD audio system, Navigation, Interior, Blue neon dials, HP and Torque, fully loaded for 32k.

Maybe the Super AWD system they are adding to the RL.