Used 2004 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Acura Hits A Homerun
By Kenny's Dream Car

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Acura put everything in one neat package and at an affordable price. I was looking for a 2 door car. I was not crazy about the look of the CL (too bland). I was hoping they made it more sporty looking for 2004, only to find out it was no longer being made. I noticed the 2004 TL on the internet and instantly fell for it. Not only did it look good and was loaded for the price, but it also came in a stick shift. I did my research, compared it to BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, etc, and decided I was getting the most for my money along with Acura reliability.

Favorite Features

Power is unbelievable. Good looking, classy, sporty. No options except for navigation. Makes life so much easier.

Suggested Improvements

A little jumpy on rough roads. Torque steer noticeable. With current gas prices maybe it can be engineered to run OK on regular gas.

Front End Vibration
By Runner78

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My overall experience with this vehicle would be rated great if not for one major flaw that Acura has stated that they will not correct. There is a severe front end vibration when first driving the vehicle after sitting all night that disappears after about 5 minutes of driving. Acura replaced the tires, but that did not fix the problem. Was told by the dealer to contact customer service who has stated they will do nothing more to try to correct the problem. So much for Acura's supposedly superior customer service.

Favorite Features

Comfort, performance, radio, quietness

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate front end vibration problem.

smooth ride
By jamminlos

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

a smooth ride with great kick when you need it.

Favorite Features

the 5.1 surround sound system.

Suggested Improvements

none

Blown Away
By steve_boris

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the TL for over a month now and I love it. The thrill of being able to maneuver on highways without worrying about whether the car has enough power and the way the TL handles turns at high speeds with such ease continues to awe me everyday. This is simply the best car in its class for your hard earned dollars.

Favorite Features

Many typical options come standard with this vehicle. Simply awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Only three things: 1) Better compartment for sunglasses, 2) Larger tank capacity (can't go 300+ miles in one tank, and 3) Better turning ratios for U-turns.

Good Car
By Rudy G

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have 5000 miles on the car and there are a few problems, but have not had it in the shop yet. Either the computer is not calibrated correclyy or the gas tank is smaller than 17 gallons as stated in the manual. There is an occasional surge of power (watch it on the tach) when breaking. An occasional rattle or two (minimal), but I can live with those. Ride is harsh on rough roads. Understeer is noticeable, but it is on any FWD car with power. Fit and finish is suspect in a couple of areas(interior front door seams),especially bugs me as dealer spent a lot of time lauding the fit and finish. Caliper is the logo, etc.

Favorite Features

XM radio, memory seats, large wheels, power, and reasonable gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable ride, better tires, add compass, needs auto light feature