2004 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
A great car for the money
By mytl on 10/15/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We have two of these. The first was automatic. The second is a six-speed. The six-speed is performance oriented, and a bit choppy, but fun. The automatic is fantastic. The auto is not as fast, but is much more user friendly. The car has hd and xm stereo with the best sound system in a car. Mileage could be better, but it is a very quick agile car, and hence some sacrifice on mileage. This is a high performance Accord, make no mistake. But, unlike the Accord, it's not boring, it's fun all the time, and could out-run most cars if you get the jump on them. Easy to get on the freeway and excellent Brembo brakes. However, dealer insisted on new frt brakes at 15k miles for $300+ rip-off.

Makes you want to drive
By gpman on 10/03/06 09:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this car when I saw it. It has great European looks. Then I got behind the wheel and found myself at home. It fits! The wheel adjusts telescopically as well as up and down, the seats electronically move in almost any direction. With these features you can get a perfect fit. The dash has the best looking instrument panel I have seen in a car; it has a 3D feel to it. The acceleration is that of some of the true sports cars I have driven, it will put you back in the seat. The brakes bring you to a stop in a comfortable distance. I look forward to getting behind the wheel whether going down the street or out of town. I love it!

No Worries, Superb Performance
By doug on 09/29/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was a diehard "big 3" car buyer, until I looked at the TL. It had everything I wanted in the German Imports, but had a better pricepoint and more gadgets. Gas mileage, performance, speed, and interior ride all have beaten out the BMW that I was going to buy. Good Job Acura!

My last Acura
By Tom C on 09/24/06 18:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th and last Acura. Although they have a lot of nice comforts, I am becoming less and less enamored with the basic car design. The trunk is poorly hinged, has leaked, and the dealer can't find the leak. The back seat ripped when I put in a child seat and the dealer says it isn't a defect. The seat belt configuration in the back makes it very difficult for booster seats. The paint is peeling form the rear bumper.

FINE PERFORMANCE
By MENON on 09/19/06 18:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A little over 27,000 miles without any problems at all except a battery that was covered pro-rated by the dealer. It is a smooth and powerful runner and looks very good on the road.

One Real Lemmon...
By Roy Fondse on 08/24/06 15:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

from day one I had problems.complained to the dealership and to Acura head office.They never even contacted me, which I found very impolite and not very professional.The least they could have listened to my complaints as to the very poor assembly of my tl!They still have a long way to go to catch up to infiniti.First time last time,get the message Acura!

2 1/2 Years and Still Fun to Drive
By Greg Richter on 08/21/06 02:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Driven over 52,000 miles in the past 2 years. It is still fun to get behind the wheel of this car. For all the features you just cannot beat the value of this car. Love to get in crank up the music and turn on the nav system and hit the highway. I'm 6'5" and feel very confortable in this car. Engine has all the power I need! Couple of small complaints: On my third set of tires, switched to Michlin Pilots. Brakes have never felt right. Seats are tad bit narrow. Wish the back seat would fold down. Over all, you just cannot beat the value of this car. Even my friend that runs a Dodge Dealership, thinks this is the best value of any car on the market today!

Acura TL
By tsmiththi on 08/20/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car has plenty of luxury features but it will really run if you need it to. The handling is very solid but not all that exciting. Great reliability of course, solid performance and handling, an a great value at its price. The best car I ever owned.

My car
By MCGEEHAN37 on 08/16/06 20:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car becasue my brother-in- law basically said "If you buy this car I will be so jealous". I am a fast driver this car is quick. It gets out of its own way. I like that. No matter how many times I look at this car I love it. It is a beautiful car to look at no matter what the color. I have the white diamond pearl. I was also told that if you keep on top of it this car will last you for about 10 or so years. Its a good car

Good value
By barb on 07/26/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Enjoy driving the car it has performed flawless in all kinds of weather.Experience with the dealer has been wonderful, sound system has been fabulous. Good fit for adults and luggage for long trips. Like the stylish features and it is an excellent value when compared to the Lexus,Infiniti and BMW