Used 2004 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 747 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

First Time Acura Owner - Best Car Ever
By DHJM

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After owner several other vehicles and test driving Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, I fell in love with many of the practical features that the TL has to offer. The car is perfect for short and long-haul commutes. Gas mileage could be a little better, I get 21-22 MPG city and 30-31 on the hwy @ 78 MPH. The handling is excellent. The beverage holders could be a little deeper with an optional spacer if you wanted it. A can of soda will fit, but you cannot use the over in the center column. The trunk space is plenty for a long trip with luggage and the rear seats have enough leg room for any discerning passenger.

The controls on the steering wheel. Well placed and easy to use, quite intuitive.

Better gas mileage, maybe 1 or 2 MPG more. Better curb protection for the rims, This is the first time I have nicked a rim, well, 3 of them so far and I consider myself to be cautious when parking. Just a design issue. :)

My TL
By My TL

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

30+ cars later and 3rd Acura. I forgot how great these cars are. It's a great compromise of wanting a BMW with reliability and a more reasonable price. I picked up my TL with 59K miles for under $15K. Handles very well. Plenty of power for quicker takeoffs. Comfortable, luxurious, and overall fun to drive compared to my last car (Accord, yeah I know, but it was a bargain). When it's time to change again, I think I will stick with TLs.

210,000 miles on 04' Acura TL
By Seth

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Hi All! I'm back to share updates with you on my 2004 Acura TL. I now have 210,000 miles on it and this is how its fared! I have had two timing belts put on (one at 100k miles and another at the 200k mark). Along with the timing belts at each 100k mark I had the spark plugs replaced, water pump and serpentine belt. I just replaced the transmission at 209k miles. I also had to have the o-ring seals replaced in the power steering pump. At every 50k mark I had the transmission and engine coolant flushed. The car is working great! I am still getting between 28 and 31 mpg depending on how I drive. (I am a cop and sometimes drive it like my squad car.) Fit and finish are still good.

Remote power everything. Stability and traction control. Stereo system. Overall performance (it does beat my squad car off the line and in overall handling, although I don't think I will try hopping curbs or turning in the grassy medians).

First off. NEVER BUY PIRELLI TIRES for this car! Bad experience! Stick with Bridgestone or Michelin. The passenger mirror is having troubles adjusting from driver 1 to driver 2 settings.

Best in Class and for the Money, reliabl
By nemavezee

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My 4th Acura so far, and will keep buying them; I've had no problems with this car at all, currently at 76,000 miles. Minor issue was clutch master cylinder wasn't smooth after a while. Still worked fine, but dealer replaced under ext warranty at 72,000 miles. Brembo brakes are awesome on the 6- speed, only issue is brake dust, but not too bad. Heated seats are great, could use cooled seats. Amazing reliability - haven't had to replace HIDs yet, or any other light bulb. Handling is awesome, nav system is perfect, bluetooth works great. DVD audio system awesome, but not enough dvda discs out there. Lacks MP3 capability and iPod/aux jacks. Best car purchase ever!

Bluetooth, smooth 6-speed, acceleration, Brembo brakes, styling, interior styling, touch-screen nav system; awesome gas mileage - 25/27 city and up to 35 hwy - better than some eco cars. It can eat more gas if you really push it, but above is normal driving. Reliability - haven't replaced a lightbulb

Free nav DVD updates; MP3 capability with auxiliary/iPod jack; cooled seats option.

A Dream Come True
By Joker22

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car after months and months of review searching and comparisons. I could not be any happier with this vehicle. My biggest priority was comfort and that is the TL's selling point. The car is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Engine is strong and I am averaging 25 mpg with about a 50/50 mix. The performance is great, 0-60 in 5.9. No it isn't a powerplant of an engine, but for a v6 25mpg it is outstanding. The insurance is not bad at all. If you are considering this car, you will not be disappointed. It is an absolute gem

Soft leather and interior color, exterior design, performance, ease of everything, ride comfort, very quiet interior

AWD