Used 2004 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

210,000 miles on 04' Acura TL
By Seth

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Hi All! I'm back to share updates with you on my 2004 Acura TL. I now have 210,000 miles on it and this is how its fared! I have had two timing belts put on (one at 100k miles and another at the 200k mark). Along with the timing belts at each 100k mark I had the spark plugs replaced, water pump and serpentine belt. I just replaced the transmission at 209k miles. I also had to have the o-ring seals replaced in the power steering pump. At every 50k mark I had the transmission and engine coolant flushed. The car is working great! I am still getting between 28 and 31 mpg depending on how I drive. (I am a cop and sometimes drive it like my squad car.) Fit and finish are still good.

Remote power everything. Stability and traction control. Stereo system. Overall performance (it does beat my squad car off the line and in overall handling, although I don't think I will try hopping curbs or turning in the grassy medians).

First off. NEVER BUY PIRELLI TIRES for this car! Bad experience! Stick with Bridgestone or Michelin. The passenger mirror is having troubles adjusting from driver 1 to driver 2 settings.

Best in Class and for the Money, reliabl
By nemavezee

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My 4th Acura so far, and will keep buying them; I've had no problems with this car at all, currently at 76,000 miles. Minor issue was clutch master cylinder wasn't smooth after a while. Still worked fine, but dealer replaced under ext warranty at 72,000 miles. Brembo brakes are awesome on the 6- speed, only issue is brake dust, but not too bad. Heated seats are great, could use cooled seats. Amazing reliability - haven't had to replace HIDs yet, or any other light bulb. Handling is awesome, nav system is perfect, bluetooth works great. DVD audio system awesome, but not enough dvda discs out there. Lacks MP3 capability and iPod/aux jacks. Best car purchase ever!

Bluetooth, smooth 6-speed, acceleration, Brembo brakes, styling, interior styling, touch-screen nav system; awesome gas mileage - 25/27 city and up to 35 hwy - better than some eco cars. It can eat more gas if you really push it, but above is normal driving. Reliability - haven't replaced a lightbulb

Free nav DVD updates; MP3 capability with auxiliary/iPod jack; cooled seats option.

A Dream Come True
By Joker22

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car after months and months of review searching and comparisons. I could not be any happier with this vehicle. My biggest priority was comfort and that is the TL's selling point. The car is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Engine is strong and I am averaging 25 mpg with about a 50/50 mix. The performance is great, 0-60 in 5.9. No it isn't a powerplant of an engine, but for a v6 25mpg it is outstanding. The insurance is not bad at all. If you are considering this car, you will not be disappointed. It is an absolute gem

Soft leather and interior color, exterior design, performance, ease of everything, ride comfort, very quiet interior

AWD

Outstanding
By DeskJocky

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car with a good blend of fun and practical. I just can't believe that the TSX beats it in these Consumer ratings! My 2004 TL beats every TSX I've been in (including 2008) in every way except one: the exterior styling on the TSX is way better. The TL needs cosmetic surgery, but it's a fantastic ride.

Interior design. Nav. Bluetooth phone. Blue gauges.

Original tires, fold-down rear seat, automatic headlights. I get a load of torque-steer with my 6MT when driving hard Smiley "V" grill needs an upgrade

Excess tire wear
By Goodcar

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

4 years and I am still pleased with the car. the "bumps along the way" - went through a set of Avon tires in 12K miles. Complained to the dealer and the parts manager was able to diagnose that there was a suspension recall (the bump stops) that may cause the excess tire wear. They comped two tires, did the recall and so far so good. We'll see in about 20K miles!

Navi, 22 mpg on commute (could be better but, hey 258 bhp\) fun to drive. Overall value.

Better communication about recall issues - should ask at each service!