2004 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Love it!!
By Grace on 07/27/07 08:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love my Acura TL! It is fun to drive and very comfortable. I feel the car is priced well when comparing to European cars with similar features. When I have family and friends in the car with me they always compliment the ride and what a nice car it is. I agree!! Only 2 complaints about this car: 1) Poor turning radius. I previously owned a Honda Accord which could easily do a "U" turn or whip right into a parking spot, not so with the Acura TL. 2) Several blind spots due to side curtain airbags and head rests. The side curtain airbags require extra caution when turning at intersections and looking for pedestrians in the cross walk. Head rests add to blind spots for lane changes.

Great value to price ratio
By Black on black TL on 07/06/07 11:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased my '04 TL with 27,000 miles on it. I wanted something a little nicer than my Accord, but with the same features (navigation, etc). TL seemed like a perfect fit. Since driving the vehicle for a month now I have noticed some wear and tear that seems excessive considering the mileage of the car and presumed quality associated with Acura. Annoying rattles are common and the fuel economy could be better (I get around 25-27). However, when comparing the price tag for a comparable European vehicle, the TL is an absolute steal and I would recommend this vehicle.

Love this car
By Luke on 05/22/07 15:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 3.2 TL for nearly 3 years and can't think of a car I'd rather have. This is the longest I kept a vehicle in 20 years. It drives great, handles well, is comfortable and has just the right amount of technology. Much better than the BMW 525 and Lexus ES 350 that I've owned recently. Can't wait to see the next generation, hope it's an improvement.

Well rounded value
By Dwight on 04/23/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used with 43,000 miles. Have put on 20,000 since then. Reliability has been perfect. Nearly every conceivable feature. Strong, quiet engine, good brakes, firm but not quite too harsh handling. Perfect balance of sports car and luxury car. Very little road noise at 80 mph. I get 30 MPG on highway at 80 mph and regular unleaded. All interior parts have a quality touch with exception of the seat leather. A few more interior noises than I'd expect, but most have been fixable. $299 TomTom One GPS fits perfectly radio/climate screen without covering radio or drivers climate info. Why pay $2,000? I still like the G35, but the TL beats it in too many areas important to me.

Great Car
By Ed Shaw on 03/20/07 12:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 75K miles and have yet to experience any problems. Would recommend this car to anyone.

Good car... but a little overrated
By Dan on 02/11/07 18:05 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in early 2004. I like the car very much, the bluetooth functionality is great and I think everyone should have the navi system. I think the sound system is the most overrated feature. I don't listen to DVD-A discs, and don't know anybody that does, so it is completely useless to me. The stereo is grossly underpowered. On the highway, I crank it up as high as it can go without distortion and it is just barely audible. I had a Bose system in my previous car and it was much better sounding. I'm surprised it is missing some basic items that a car in this category should have: automatic lights, side mirrors that angle down while in reverse, and a few others.

AWESOME
By Chris on 01/11/07 15:02 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have loved this car since day one. I feel it is the best looking car on the road. It is also very spacious on the inside. I am 6'4" and weigh 280 pounds and am very comfortable driving the car. The performance is also awesome. The car is truly fun to drive. The only complaints I had about the car are the premature tire wear on the OEM brigestone tires (lasted only 23k miles), and the original battery and brakes needed replaced at 30k. Also, the leather on the front seats is fairly cheap and wears quickly. Other than that, the car is truly remarkable and fun to drive for the price.

Still thrilled
By Almost three years on 01/11/07 12:55 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Almost three years old, only 20500 miles. Still love the car. Great power, great handling, great value. Still look at european alternatives and am not impressed with the value proposition. Put on a new set of Avon tires and am pleased. Camel interior showing some wear and the aluminum trim has dings near where the seat belt buckles, otherwise looks great. Has been trouble free except for fit and finish issues (seat cover, cover on third brake light) that were taken care of by dealer within the first 6 months of ownership.

New owner...
By Bill Cuthbertson on 12/14/06 08:15 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Recently traded in a 2004 Maxima for the TL. The TL is a much better car for my age (26) but is definitely not as comfortable as the Maxima. Seats are cheaply made with sub-quality leather. Paint leaves a lot to be desired. No automatic headlights either. However, those are my only complaints. Everything else is amazing. It is a very fun car to drive and handles well for a front wheel drive vehicle. There is an issue with "torque steer" when starting from a stop making a turn (a right turn at a light, for instance). If you get too heavy on the accelerator you will lose traction. All in all a great car. A little overpriced, but a good value in terms of longevity.

So much fun to drive!
By Mike on 10/19/06 19:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove everything in this class before buying the TL. After a 3rd test drive, I bought it and never regretted it. It is so much fun to drive and met all my needs for a luxury performance sedan.