Used 2004 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 746 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

A 2009 acura or not?
By herbh20

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had a meltdown of ignition wires at 56,000 miles. Dealer repaired car at no charge since I had purchased car and did all scheduled maintenance at dealership. Dealer also said that meltdown was premature. Also supplied free loaner and did additional repairs caused by meltdown. Had two transmissions replaced at no charge on 2002 acura. I also had tires, batteries and mirror replaced. The dealership has been great, but I am getting leery of acura quality.

handling

Exterior is easily scuffed, esp tire wheels and low hanging front end. Rain enters vehicle unless all windows are rolled up.

Great Car w/ Big Liability
By CRS

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The body style is sleek, it's fun to drive and comfortable. Over a few years developed too many vibrations and rattles for high end car. Biggest disappointment was Acura Corp. not backing my TL when the front right ball joint broke going 60 MPH in the center lane. Parts did not indicate failure. This was my second and last Acura. I feel that I can't put my family at risk with a company that will not admit they have a dangerous & critical design flaw with their wheel assembly and unwilling to back the consumer.

Sound system, horsepower, handling.

Most Important: Admit there's a problem with the TL's wheel assembly and correct it before someone is killed. On a lower note, correct vibrations in sun visors and seat belt against door .... they'll drive you nuts.

Want to buy New 09 but hate the styling
By TDE

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 2 Preludes 84,88,94 Accord & 04 TL. 04 TL w/ Nav is my favorite. I was so disappointed when I went to update to this years model in December. Honda did the same thing to the Prelude. Took a perfect car and blew it up to a big car. The TL size, Nose and “Cadillac” rear is all big turn offs. Then Honda moved the Nav into the dash takes away the intuitive touch screen. I was told the people didn’t like the finger prints. Does Honda even talk to its customers that loved the old lines and features? I am now looking for an 08 with the options I want, move to BMW or wait to see if Honda comes to its senses and fix this mess within 18 months. I am so disappointed in Honda.

Intuitive touch Nav, Feel of Road.

Bring it back and dump the overblown 2009. Fire the 09 Designers.

212,000 miles and counting!
By testsbyseth

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As a Police Officer, I expect my equipment to perform to the extreme and this was no different when I set out to purchase a personal vehicle. Since buying this TL, I have put close to 84,000 miles on it in 2 years. I have replaced the timing belt twice and just recently installed a newer transmission (208,000 mls). This vehicle out performs my 2009 Crown Vic. I am still getting between 28-31 MPG depending on how I need to drive. Amazing vehicle!

Handling, traction control, braking, acceleration, tough body and interior. Additionally, the memory seats, stereo system, towing hook that screws into the front bumper,

Be careful on tire selection! This vehicle came with Pirelli tires (new) when we purchased it. Within 20,000 miles, one of the tires completely separated from the rim. One month later, two others did the same. Tire pressure was always kept at Acura specs. Stick with Michelin or Bridgestone!

First Time Acura Owner - Best Car Ever
By DHJM

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After owner several other vehicles and test driving Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, I fell in love with many of the practical features that the TL has to offer. The car is perfect for short and long-haul commutes. Gas mileage could be a little better, I get 21-22 MPG city and 30-31 on the hwy @ 78 MPH. The handling is excellent. The beverage holders could be a little deeper with an optional spacer if you wanted it. A can of soda will fit, but you cannot use the over in the center column. The trunk space is plenty for a long trip with luggage and the rear seats have enough leg room for any discerning passenger.

The controls on the steering wheel. Well placed and easy to use, quite intuitive.

Better gas mileage, maybe 1 or 2 MPG more. Better curb protection for the rims, This is the first time I have nicked a rim, well, 3 of them so far and I consider myself to be cautious when parking. Just a design issue. :)