2004 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
210,000 miles on 04' Acura TL
By Seth on 01/31/09 19:32 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Hi All! I'm back to share updates with you on my 2004 Acura TL. I now have 210,000 miles on it and this is how its fared! I have had two timing belts put on (one at 100k miles and another at the 200k mark). Along with the timing belts at each 100k mark I had the spark plugs replaced, water pump and serpentine belt. I just replaced the transmission at 209k miles. I also had to have the o-ring seals replaced in the power steering pump. At every 50k mark I had the transmission and engine coolant flushed. The car is working great! I am still getting between 28 and 31 mpg depending on how I drive. (I am a cop and sometimes drive it like my squad car.) Fit and finish are still good.

Best in Class and for the Money, reliabl
By nemavezee on 10/30/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My 4th Acura so far, and will keep buying them; I've had no problems with this car at all, currently at 76,000 miles. Minor issue was clutch master cylinder wasn't smooth after a while. Still worked fine, but dealer replaced under ext warranty at 72,000 miles. Brembo brakes are awesome on the 6- speed, only issue is brake dust, but not too bad. Heated seats are great, could use cooled seats. Amazing reliability - haven't had to replace HIDs yet, or any other light bulb. Handling is awesome, nav system is perfect, bluetooth works great. DVD audio system awesome, but not enough dvda discs out there. Lacks MP3 capability and iPod/aux jacks. Best car purchase ever!

A Dream Come True
By Joker22 on 10/17/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car after months and months of review searching and comparisons. I could not be any happier with this vehicle. My biggest priority was comfort and that is the TL's selling point. The car is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Engine is strong and I am averaging 25 mpg with about a 50/50 mix. The performance is great, 0-60 in 5.9. No it isn't a powerplant of an engine, but for a v6 25mpg it is outstanding. The insurance is not bad at all. If you are considering this car, you will not be disappointed. It is an absolute gem

Outstanding
By DeskJocky on 07/11/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car with a good blend of fun and practical. I just can't believe that the TSX beats it in these Consumer ratings! My 2004 TL beats every TSX I've been in (including 2008) in every way except one: the exterior styling on the TSX is way better. The TL needs cosmetic surgery, but it's a fantastic ride.

Excess tire wear
By Goodcar on 07/08/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

4 years and I am still pleased with the car. the "bumps along the way" - went through a set of Avon tires in 12K miles. Complained to the dealer and the parts manager was able to diagnose that there was a suspension recall (the bump stops) that may cause the excess tire wear. They comped two tires, did the recall and so far so good. We'll see in about 20K miles!

My Acura TL has been Great!
By MEB on 07/04/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle over 3 years ago and have put over 60,000 trouble free miles on it. I had minimal problems and the vehicle is fun to drive. I plan on keeping the car for several more years. The color combination with pearl outside still turns heads! It has been by far the best vehicle I have ever owned!

Great Experience
By Todd A. on 07/03/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used two years ago, so was a little concerned with hidden problems. No problems whatsoever. Still a head turner, even for a four+ year old car. Styling is excellent, inside and out. Interior layout is great. Not too bad on gas -- 21 in town and 26 on highway. Decided to take the plunge and switched to regular unleaded a few months ago and haven't noticed any negative effects. Lots of features and styling for the money; would buy one again. Acura seems to have hit a wide market here. Teenagers to grannies love this car.

Great Car!!
By Chrisana33 on 06/21/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had two Acuras now and have no regrets! I get awesome mpg (25-29) per tank. The comfort of this vehicle is amazing. The car is very easy to handle and great on curvy roads. I have the anthracite gray which is very easy to keep clean! :) I have no problems with this TL or my previous '01 3.2 CL. I put 180K miles on my CL and currently have 72K on my TL. Both vehicles run excellent and I have absolutely no complaints to say about my choices!

First Acura and pleased so far.
By dhott on 06/10/08 17:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this TL recently for my wife's primary car and are very pleased with it. It's a great looking and very solid feeling car. The interior looks like new except for the metal trim pieces everyone seems to complain about that are nicked and dinged. Also climate and radio display face is pitted and shows it bad in the sun. The car has great power and gets 30+ mpg on freeway. The car has 67570 miles and I haven't noticed any rattles or problems yet but it is still new to us. The seats look new. I bought it because I like the features and Honda quality plus it came certified with manufacturers warranty. Manual shift auto is useless though, I just leave it in drive.

Second only to my '01 S2000
By TimTheFoolMan on 05/27/08 08:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a car for my wife, coming from an '03 Mountaineer. My best friend (certifiable performance guy) asked, "How did you talk your wife into getting this?" I didn't have to. She drove one and loved it right away. Prior to this car, my favorite sedan was a '97 Maxima. Having taken this on a short trip and driven it around town a fair amount, I'm no longer comparing other sedans to the Maxima; I compare them to the TL. The compromise of FWD will put off some performance enthusiasts, but the added space was worth it for me. Given the power, I'm surprised how well this FWD design works, and how little torque steer is present. I can't imagine one car that would appeal more to the two of us.