Used 2004 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 746 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Cracked dashboard-
By ww

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

By doing a little research found that their is a problem with 04-05 TL's dashboard cracking around the passenger AIRBAG. You can do a internet search to see the details. So car re-sale value will tank.

No need for aspirin
By ceenite

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased with 30K on the clock and at 81K today. All I've had to do to this car is put gas in it, change the oil, and put a new set of tires on (replaced crappy and fast wearing factory rubber). Solid vehicle all around.

Exterior styling

Fun to drive
By Guy

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had vehicle since February 2004. DVD hard drive failed within year but covered under warranty. At 60,000 the upholstery started breaking down and developing tears. At 100K I have to replace upholstery. Very poor quality leather used. Other than that, it's been a joy to drive.

Handling, Sound system, horsepower

Better quality leather upholstery. I've always had leather upholstery and never had the kind of problems I've had with this car. Shame on Acura for cutting corners. I would have preferred one less gadget than sacrifice quality in materials.

Love this car!
By TheCoach

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I recently (a day ago) got rear ended by a 1990s f150 doing about 40 or so MPH (I was stopped at a red light). I got hit into the mini van in front of me. My trunk is bent like tin foil, my back windshield is blown all out, and the car looks like hell. Through all that, I am safe. I have no pain (went to the hospital to check the internals). I thank God, I was hit rather then some family in a Smart car with a kid in there. I loved that car, and will be getting another TL as soon as possible. I am having a hard time explaining how thankful I am that I decided to buy this car.

It used to be the style. I loved the way my car looked. After the accident, I have to say that the safety of this car far exceeds even my wildest imagination.

Honestly nothing. I've had a Mustang, Blazer, Accord, Corolla and nothing can even compete with this car. They say the BMW competes, but I have friends with BMWs and they just don't compare.

Solid, Reliable, Fun, Comfortable
By seattle_maslow

2004 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car new 6 years ago and intend to keep it indefinitely. I have been recently shopping for a car for my wife, which made me look at this again for kicks. If you're looking to pick one up used, just do it. My car has been everything I'd hoped for. I wanted something with good straight line acceleration, nice interior and very reliable.

Interior fit and finish is still exemplary 6 years later, audio system rocks.

Turning radius, rear visibility