2004 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Still going strong
By 4kids on 01/27/10 16:36 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After five plus years and over 100,000 miles I can say that this is an excellent vehicle for almost anybody. I would not recommend it to any elderly or heavy set people since getting in and out may be difficult due to the low seat position and spring loaded front doors that tend to close back on you. Fun to drive, very good brakes, front drive is fine for 99% of driving needs. I average 27 mpg with about 2/3 highway 1/3 city driving. I find the voice command menu to be a gimmick, but I use the blue tooth phone all the time. Other than an annoying squeak from the glove box periodically, the car is still quiet and very reliable. Too bad Acura screwed up the exterior redesign for 2009.

Would buy it again!
By Rags on 01/09/10 12:51 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 04 TL automatic with Navi since April 04 and I have to say that I love this car. Reliable, great ride, fun to drive, good gas mileage (up to 30 mpg when just freeway driving) and lots of goodies like heated seats, xenon headlights and great sound system are all standard. Acura quality and performance.

New Acura Owner For Life
By Logan on 01/08/10 14:00 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a used 2004 TL automatic with approx. 75K miles on it, have put another 4K miles on it, and I couldn't be happier!!! It drives beautifully, the interior material is top notch, it has all the gadgets you could want (especially for being a 2004..way to go Acura for making all those amazing features standard on all base models!), and the exterior still turns heads. I put a lot of review into my purchase, especially from this website so I thought it was fitting I put some back in. The car does slip a little bit more than my last car in snowy conditions but i think that's mainly due to the torque.

Some costly repairs
By bassdocta on 10/14/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Still love driving this car even after a few years. Like others I am on my second set of tires (Continental conti pros, I think). I had a CPU failure from a stopped up drain that was VERY expensive but covered under warranty. I also had an AC compressor failure which cost me $1200 to fix. Not experiencing the rattles that so many others report, though. Only 60K miles. Lots of torque steer. Everything still works. Mileage is good.

A 2009 acura or not?
By herbh20 on 07/17/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had a meltdown of ignition wires at 56,000 miles. Dealer repaired car at no charge since I had purchased car and did all scheduled maintenance at dealership. Dealer also said that meltdown was premature. Also supplied free loaner and did additional repairs caused by meltdown. Had two transmissions replaced at no charge on 2002 acura. I also had tires, batteries and mirror replaced. The dealership has been great, but I am getting leery of acura quality.

Great Car w/ Big Liability
By CRS on 05/08/09 05:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The body style is sleek, it's fun to drive and comfortable. Over a few years developed too many vibrations and rattles for high end car. Biggest disappointment was Acura Corp. not backing my TL when the front right ball joint broke going 60 MPH in the center lane. Parts did not indicate failure. This was my second and last Acura. I feel that I can't put my family at risk with a company that will not admit they have a dangerous & critical design flaw with their wheel assembly and unwilling to back the consumer.

Want to buy New 09 but hate the styling
By TDE on 03/17/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 2 Preludes 84,88,94 Accord & 04 TL. 04 TL w/ Nav is my favorite. I was so disappointed when I went to update to this years model in December. Honda did the same thing to the Prelude. Took a perfect car and blew it up to a big car. The TL size, Nose and “Cadillac” rear is all big turn offs. Then Honda moved the Nav into the dash takes away the intuitive touch screen. I was told the people didn’t like the finger prints. Does Honda even talk to its customers that loved the old lines and features? I am now looking for an 08 with the options I want, move to BMW or wait to see if Honda comes to its senses and fix this mess within 18 months. I am so disappointed in Honda.

212,000 miles and counting!
By testsbyseth on 02/21/09 23:40 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As a Police Officer, I expect my equipment to perform to the extreme and this was no different when I set out to purchase a personal vehicle. Since buying this TL, I have put close to 84,000 miles on it in 2 years. I have replaced the timing belt twice and just recently installed a newer transmission (208,000 mls). This vehicle out performs my 2009 Crown Vic. I am still getting between 28-31 MPG depending on how I need to drive. Amazing vehicle!

First Time Acura Owner - Best Car Ever
By DHJM on 02/05/09 14:02 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After owner several other vehicles and test driving Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, I fell in love with many of the practical features that the TL has to offer. The car is perfect for short and long-haul commutes. Gas mileage could be a little better, I get 21-22 MPG city and 30-31 on the hwy @ 78 MPH. The handling is excellent. The beverage holders could be a little deeper with an optional spacer if you wanted it. A can of soda will fit, but you cannot use the over in the center column. The trunk space is plenty for a long trip with luggage and the rear seats have enough leg room for any discerning passenger.

My TL
By My TL on 02/03/09 19:50 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

30+ cars later and 3rd Acura. I forgot how great these cars are. It's a great compromise of wanting a BMW with reliability and a more reasonable price. I picked up my TL with 59K miles for under $15K. Handles very well. Plenty of power for quicker takeoffs. Comfortable, luxurious, and overall fun to drive compared to my last car (Accord, yeah I know, but it was a bargain). When it's time to change again, I think I will stick with TLs.