2004 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Nothin' But 5 Stars...Except
By steveet on 04/20/12 15:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

There haven't been many cars in my lifetime that make me smile when I sit in the driver's seat, but this little Acura TL makes it happen every time. It's a kick to drive with the auto/manuel tranny. I'm the original owner with 89000 I have to say this ride is still pretty tight. I keep good rubber on it at all times so handling and cornering is very good. The down sides? If the battery goes dead, which it will w/o warning as has happened 3 times, Acura neglected to put in a chip backup for things list your Bluetooth phonebook! Bluetooth mic is on the low to poor scale - Had to mark it down for that. Torque steer - yep, only if you mash it from a dead stop. Overall, Best car I've ever owned.

Great Care w/ a Few Problems
By mke_driver on 10/06/11 12:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 TL used with approximately 72K miles on it. I've had it for a little over 2 years now and have noticed some issues arise. After looking at other TL's it seems that discoloration in the side mirrors is pretty common with this model. I have also had to replace my O2 sensor after failing an emissions test. Just recently my passenger side headlight went out. I have no idea why they built the car like they did but in order to replace either of the headlights(not fog lights), you need to take the bumper off the car making it close to a $400 job ($200 for the headlight & $200 in labor). It's still a great car but can be a little costly to fix at times! Will check in again!

Love this car
By mel63 on 12/16/10 10:01 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 2004 Acura TL new. I now have 185,00 miles on it, 95% of them being highway miles. A few problems here and there, but all in all it's the greatest car I've had. My bluetooth has problems off and on and my navigation system has died due to it being in the trunk and I live 2 miles off the highway on a dirt and dusty road. Would love to know if anyone else has had more miles than mine and if yours is still running well.

I Love This Car
By Mike on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second TL. I love the looks of this car. It is still stylish after 6 years and I never get tired of driving it. The standard features that this car has still amaze me. I have had just about zero problems with this car. Had the issue of wearing through my first set of tires at 20K but the suspension fix and new tires at half price fixed that. Second set of Bridgestones are holding up well. I have no major complaints

Cracked dashboard-
By ww on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

By doing a little research found that their is a problem with 04-05 TL's dashboard cracking around the passenger AIRBAG. You can do a internet search to see the details. So car re-sale value will tank.

No need for aspirin
By ceenite on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased with 30K on the clock and at 81K today. All I've had to do to this car is put gas in it, change the oil, and put a new set of tires on (replaced crappy and fast wearing factory rubber). Solid vehicle all around.

Fun to drive
By Guy on 08/03/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had vehicle since February 2004. DVD hard drive failed within year but covered under warranty. At 60,000 the upholstery started breaking down and developing tears. At 100K I have to replace upholstery. Very poor quality leather used. Other than that, it's been a joy to drive.

Love this car!
By TheCoach on 08/02/10 22:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I recently (a day ago) got rear ended by a 1990s f150 doing about 40 or so MPH (I was stopped at a red light). I got hit into the mini van in front of me. My trunk is bent like tin foil, my back windshield is blown all out, and the car looks like hell. Through all that, I am safe. I have no pain (went to the hospital to check the internals). I thank God, I was hit rather then some family in a Smart car with a kid in there. I loved that car, and will be getting another TL as soon as possible. I am having a hard time explaining how thankful I am that I decided to buy this car.

Solid, Reliable, Fun, Comfortable
By seattle_maslow on 06/13/10 07:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car new 6 years ago and intend to keep it indefinitely. I have been recently shopping for a car for my wife, which made me look at this again for kicks. If you're looking to pick one up used, just do it. My car has been everything I'd hoped for. I wanted something with good straight line acceleration, nice interior and very reliable.

Great overall but bouncy handling
By rsud on 05/19/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My 3rd Acura and pleased overall. Great gas mileage for 270 hp car (25 mpg mixed). My only gripe is the suspension that bounces you all over the place when you hit a rough patch or leans when taking a hard corner. Approaching a toll booth on a rough road (poor pothole fills) I couldn't let go of the steering wheel to reach for change. Not a car that compells you to drive hard. Good smooth road cruiser.