2004 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
This is a fantastic automobile!
By acurafan15 on 11/28/12 10:03 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Words cannot express how fond I am of this car; I have been in love with my TL ever since I first drove it. It just surpassed 181,000 miles, and I have enjoyed every single moment. Soon this car will be 10 years old, but it still manages to fetch compliments and stares daily. I have friends, family, and co-workers who don't believe the mileage. It has held up perfectly (paint, interior, mechanically) and even mechanics/Acura service centers find the mileage hard to believe. There is a reason that so many of these cars are still on the road, they are perfect! I love whenever someone complains about the maintenace cost/price tag of their car (BMW, etc.) and I never have anything to say.

Transmission Issues
By darltk on 08/11/12 09:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my car since 2006 and have kept it under maintenance. It has treated me well for this period of time with occasional issues here and there. With 168,000 miles my transmission went and Motor mounts had to be replaced. Transmission was $5200 at the dealer. I opted to have it rebuilt elsewhere for $3300. I have also replaced the Motor Mounts. I guess certain things are to be expected but there were obvious issues with 2002-2003 and 2004's that were built earlier. I still believe these cars are reliable but some of these issues may be things that can be eventual problems with this model year. I also seem to be having some issues with the hands free freezing and dropping off.

A love affair like no other
By harrybarry104 on 07/17/12 16:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Acura TL with 153k. I was skeptic at even looking when I heard of the mileage but it has been an absolute gem. The build quality surpasses Audi, BMW, and Mercedes. I turn heads almost everywhere I go, and have been getting amazing gas mileage. You would never guess the age or mileage on this car. I have to say, if you're looking for a great car, this is it. I've only owned the car for a week, but have made several long distance trips. Everytime I sit in my Acura, I smile, and I'm constantly looking for an excuse to go somewhere. What a great vehicle from Honda.

Near ...Perfection.
By fastone4 on 06/19/12 22:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura TL is a near perfection automobile. It handles nimbly and has great power when needed. The dashboard navigation is fantastic and loaded with XM and very good (not Bose) sound. If you are fortunate enough to find one in good shape get it!

Great Care w/ a Few Problems
By mke_driver on 10/06/11 12:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 TL used with approximately 72K miles on it. I've had it for a little over 2 years now and have noticed some issues arise. After looking at other TL's it seems that discoloration in the side mirrors is pretty common with this model. I have also had to replace my O2 sensor after failing an emissions test. Just recently my passenger side headlight went out. I have no idea why they built the car like they did but in order to replace either of the headlights(not fog lights), you need to take the bumper off the car making it close to a $400 job ($200 for the headlight & $200 in labor). It's still a great car but can be a little costly to fix at times! Will check in again!

No need for aspirin
By ceenite on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased with 30K on the clock and at 81K today. All I've had to do to this car is put gas in it, change the oil, and put a new set of tires on (replaced crappy and fast wearing factory rubber). Solid vehicle all around.

New Acura Owner For Life
By Logan on 01/08/10 14:00 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a used 2004 TL automatic with approx. 75K miles on it, have put another 4K miles on it, and I couldn't be happier!!! It drives beautifully, the interior material is top notch, it has all the gadgets you could want (especially for being a 2004..way to go Acura for making all those amazing features standard on all base models!), and the exterior still turns heads. I put a lot of review into my purchase, especially from this website so I thought it was fitting I put some back in. The car does slip a little bit more than my last car in snowy conditions but i think that's mainly due to the torque.

Some costly repairs
By bassdocta on 10/14/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Still love driving this car even after a few years. Like others I am on my second set of tires (Continental conti pros, I think). I had a CPU failure from a stopped up drain that was VERY expensive but covered under warranty. I also had an AC compressor failure which cost me $1200 to fix. Not experiencing the rattles that so many others report, though. Only 60K miles. Lots of torque steer. Everything still works. Mileage is good.

A 2009 acura or not?
By herbh20 on 07/17/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had a meltdown of ignition wires at 56,000 miles. Dealer repaired car at no charge since I had purchased car and did all scheduled maintenance at dealership. Dealer also said that meltdown was premature. Also supplied free loaner and did additional repairs caused by meltdown. Had two transmissions replaced at no charge on 2002 acura. I also had tires, batteries and mirror replaced. The dealership has been great, but I am getting leery of acura quality.

Great Car w/ Big Liability
By CRS on 05/08/09 05:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The body style is sleek, it's fun to drive and comfortable. Over a few years developed too many vibrations and rattles for high end car. Biggest disappointment was Acura Corp. not backing my TL when the front right ball joint broke going 60 MPH in the center lane. Parts did not indicate failure. This was my second and last Acura. I feel that I can't put my family at risk with a company that will not admit they have a dangerous & critical design flaw with their wheel assembly and unwilling to back the consumer.